Author Topic: 2014 Jack Vasel Memorial Auction  (Read 14978 times)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
2014 Jack Vasel Memorial Auction
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:46:04 AM »
So this years auction is up and running and has been for a while.  It actually ends on Friday.  There are 873 items at the time of this posting and the very first one is a Carcassonne Base game with some extras included.  I'm not sure if the seller is a member here or not, but I thought that was pretty cool.  One new feature this year (at least one that I have not noticed before) is an auction guide in spreadsheet format so you don't have to wade through the 30+ pages of each individual item on the geek list.  That can take a very long time!  Have a look.  It's for a great cause!

Auction - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/179933/jack-vasel-memorial-fund-auction-2014/page/1?

Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FQlBZfeOBkmcLsrJUnutZPqhkt84zSjuKRR_5a5tt1A/edit#gid=0

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1249.0
Flee the fleas.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Jack Vasel Memorial Auction
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
Item #776 is an original Die Kornkreise in shrink.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:19:55 AM »
Thanks for starting this thread.

I put in a bid for the Ark of the Covenant.

Meanwhile, if you have Crop Circles II, is there a reason to want Crop Circles I other than completionism? CC II has an amazing tile that CC I doesn't have.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »
Thanks for starting this thread.

Meanwhile, if you have Crop Circles II, is there a reason to want Crop Circles I other than completionism? CC II has an amazing tile that CC I doesn't have.

tiles have a total different set-up

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 01:19:26 PM »
tiles have a total different set-up

Fair enough, but this isn't enough for me to be interested in CCI, personally.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 02:59:33 AM »

I really want this to. Especially since it's still shrink-wrapped.

I feel bad competing against a fellow Carcassonne Central member though, so feel like I should ask if you are happy for me to bid against you before I jump in jungleboy?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 03:26:22 AM »

I feel bad competing against a fellow Carcassonne Central member though, so feel like I should ask if you are happy for me to bid against you before I jump in jungleboy?
It's all for a good cause so higher bids means more money for the charity. Fight!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 04:23:38 AM »

It's all for a good cause so higher bids means more money for the charity. Fight!

Have done. Now I'm dreading the next time we end up including The Tower in the weekly game even more than I was already...

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 09:01:34 AM »

Dan, I like it how you asked my permission and then whayleyland gave his permission and then before I had a chance to answer, you went ahead and bid anyway! I hope you feel very bad indeed!  >:D

Just kidding of course; I can't claim exclusivity on bidding, so you obviously have just as much right to bid as I do. That's what an auction is, after all.

Now, I want this quite badly as well, so I'm willing to top your bid. But let's not go crazy outbidding each other for the next three days only for the 'winner' to have to pay $150, even if it is for a good cause.

I have an idea for a solution, which is:
- Neither of us make another bid again until Thursday night.
- Whoever finishes ahead of the other in Thursday night's game wins the 'right' to keep bidding, while the loser bows out.

Or, we could make it that whoever made it further in the World Cup gets to keep bidding and the other player has to stop.  >:D

But seriously, what do you think of the other idea?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »
I have an idea for a solution, which is:
- Neither of us make another bid again until Thursday night.
- Whoever finishes ahead of the other in Thursday night's game wins the 'right' to keep bidding, while the loser bows out.

OK. Although this does make it sound a bit like a pre-arranged punch-up to settle who gets to ask out the girl we've both taken a shine to!

I would like to propose one change though. Rather than base it on the result of Thursdays game, could we have a head-to-head game, basic tiles only? Wednesday evening works for me, or we can have a quick game before the main event on Thursday if this is easier...

We'd better just hope that nobody else here is planning on bidding too or we're going to have to have a whole new tournament before Friday!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »
OK. Although this does make it sound a bit like a pre-arranged punch-up to settle who gets to ask out the girl we've both taken a shine to!

Let's do that too!

I would like to propose one change though. Rather than base it on the result of Thursdays game, could we have a head-to-head game, basic tiles only? Wednesday evening works for me, or we can have a quick game before the main event on Thursday if this is easier...

Yes, this is a better idea. I can do either Wednesday evening or Thursday before the main game. If Thursday before the main game is too early for you, let's do Wednesday. Something like 8:30 BST / 9:30 CET, or 9 BST / 10 CET?

We'd better just hope that nobody else here is planning on bidding too or we're going to have to have a whole new tournament before Friday!

Do we know anyone who knows how to organise a tournament?  :green-meeple:

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »

Let's do that too!

Great! But the wives (i.e. yours and my wife I mean, I only have one wife) aren't going to be happy...

Yes, this is a better idea. I can do either Wednesday evening or Thursday before the main game. If Thursday before the main game is too early for you, let's do Wednesday. Something like 8:30 BST / 9:30 CET, or 9 BST / 10 CET?

Wednesday is free for me at the moment. 8:30 BST is usually late enough that the kids will be asleep without making it too late for you.

Do we know anyone who knows how to organise a tournament?  :green-meeple:

Yeah but it's going to take me until Friday just to write the emails...  ;)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 12:58:07 AM »
Devil's Advocate chiming in again, brewing the pot. I just wanted to mention how AWESOME Ark of the Covenant is, and how that since it's out of print and EXTREMELY RARE, it's totally worth $150 USD. AT LEAST. It should become a death match between the two of you, where both of you get stranded atop Towers until you have no Followers left to place.

I myself bought a copy before it went out of print, then bought ANOTHER right after it went out to give to a friend. Although I didn't bring it to New Zealand with me, it has a TREASURED place in my Carcassonne collection.  >:D >:D >:D

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 01:42:47 AM »
Thanks for stoking the fire whaleyland! Nick and I may have come to a gentleman’s agreement, but I have a feeling both sides are going to be taking the game rather seriously!  >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2015 Jack Vasel Memorial Auction

Started by CKorfmann

1 Replies
Last post October 26, 2015, 03:04:44 PM
by Decar
thumbup
Spielwarenmesse 2014 - International Toy Fair Nuremberg - 29.01.-03.02.2014

Started by kettlefish

0 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 05:59:10 PM