Author Topic: Carcassonne distribution in Spain/Portugal  (Read 4851 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Carcassonne distribution in Spain/Portugal
« on: December 14, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »
Here are a couple of interesting tidbits that I picked up this weekend in Spain about Devir, the distributor for Carcassonne in Spain and Portugal (as well as some countries in Latin America).

The first is that Devir Iberia, as it calls its operation in Spain and Portugal, distributes Carcassonne together in both countries. I bought the Spanish version of the Catapult, and inside there was one rule sheet in Spanish and another in Portuguese. Then I saw the Princess and the Dragon titled in Portuguese for sale in Spain. This, combined with Devir's active promotion of Carcassonne at the Dau Barcelona Games Festival, makes me think that perhaps a combined Spanish/Portuguese monasteries mini-expansion is not far away.

The second thing that I thought was interesting was that Devir often includes a free mini-expansion with large expansions, such as:
Inns and Cathedrals with the River I
Traders and Builders with the River 2
The Princess and the Dragon with the Count of Carcassonne

This is a nice little bonus for fans of Carcassonne in Spain and Portugal. Another thing I noticed is that King, Count and Consort doesn't exist there; thus Hills and Sheep is referred to as the 8th expansion for Carcassonne.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1346.0

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne distribution in Spain/Portugal
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 03:21:44 PM »
INtressting find jungle!

Gerry

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
did you manage to meet up with Nebus ?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 02:58:24 AM »
Worth knowing! Thanks...

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »
Any volunteers to handle bulk ordering of a potential monasteries expansion?

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
I am no longer in Spain otherwise I would. But I think there are a couple of other Spaniards on here so should be ok. If no-one is able then I will be able to sort it, I would just have to rely on a friend out there or post them when I am next there.
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline mas9dj

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 7
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »
As you might know I'm from Spain so I would be able to handle some orders in the event of spanish monasteries ever releasing. I don't see that coming too soon though, haven't seen too many promotional ítems from devir. As an interesting fact, Devir is almost a monopoly for board games here in Spain, at least in what regards eurogames since they distribute Catan, Carcassone, Agrícola, Magic Cards, etc which in other countries are handled by different companies.

I don't have high regards with this company, they bought "homoludicus", another company that used to distribute agrícola and other uwe rosberg games and immediately after the price rised 5 euros in every board game. Also, the expansions you mention that have extra stuff, like inns and cathedrals come at a much higher price, being 20 euros the average price for each expansion, a price they have charged for all other expansions even though they didn't have any extras. Then there is the issue that there is no way to grab river I, river II or the count separately here, so if you happen to have a big box or any different edition, you're screwed and you have to buy another repeated expansion in order to get them.

This said, maybe they'd release monasteries next month and prove me wrong :p

In the meantime, I made my own version of spanish monasteries but I'm not sure if it's worth continuing with it, some of you already asked me many times to finish it but I don't seem to grab any spare time soon (sorry guys). I was thinking of some new gameplay, maybe something related to the way of st. james (camino de Santiago) would be fitting with the monasteries and carcassone thematic.
Gotta catch 'em all

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
I Love Portugal

Started by Chooselife

1 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 03:46:51 AM
by jungleboy
xx
WTCOC Friendly Match: UK vs. Portugal

Started by danisthirty

4 Replies
Last post January 17, 2023, 09:47:53 AM