Author Topic: Moaning about HiG - Tiles and Meeple Colours  (Read 7972 times)

Offline fenrir

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Moaning about HiG - Tiles and Meeple Colours
« on: July 06, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the CAR is still our biggest draw here for new forum members so it's a shame we haven't heard much from obervet lately. However, keeping the CAR current is a huge responsibility to have landed on one person, which is why I supported the idea of a wiki for ease of maintenance and rule-specific discussion when it was first proposed. I remember speaking with you about this in the past; has there been any movement on this?

Given (in my opinion) that HIG has given up on any further meaningful development of the game, I am not sure what there is for obervet to add to the Complete Annotated Rules.  The fact that HiG has introduced 2 different Abbot implementations for Carc I and Carc II only further complicates any attempt to maintain a consistent CAR. 

I think it is well past time that HIG put up their collective hand and admitted that classic Carcassonne has been taken about as far as they are willing (or able) to take it (apart from the novelty monasteries) and the game players should just relax and enjoy what has been published.

obervet is to be congratulated on what he has achieved and allowed to draw a line under the CAR if he wishes.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2824.0
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:02:32 PM by fenrir »

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
Re: Moaning about HiG - Tiles and Meeple Colours
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 11:00:28 AM »
The big omission from the CAR at the moment is the whole 1-tile / 2-tile debacle around German Castles and Halflings. I do not envy obervet having to make sense of all of that madness!

Offline fenrir

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
The big omission from the CAR at the moment is the whole 1-tile / 2-tile debacle around German Castles and Halflings. I do not envy obervet having to make sense of all of that madness!

it was when HIG started messing around with half size / double size tiles instead of concentrating on developing new game play options the structures printed on the tiles that they “lost the plot” with Carcassonne.

Changing the colour of the sixth meeple set from grey to pink was also silly. 

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:46:42 AM »
Pink makes much more sense than grey. No one ever chooses the grey meeples.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »
Second to that! :gray-meeple: is the last colour I would choose.   :pink-meeple: looks good!

Offline fenrir

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 12:01:47 PM »
Second to that! :gray-meeple: is the last colour I would choose.   :pink-meeple: looks good!

I have nothing against pink, it just seemed pointless to change one colour.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 12:23:19 PM »

I have nothing against pink, it just seemed pointless to change one colour.

Flower power colors with Flashy Pink, Envy Green, Salmon Dessert(2 s),  Leather Black and Heavenly Blue. Would have been perfectly timed with the Pride event.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 12:30:15 PM »
I play  :gray-meeple:  or I would if JCZ let me

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
I play  :gray-meeple:  or I would if JCZ let me
OMG, I finally realized why that  :violet-meeple: in JCZ looks strange...

Offline fenrir

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 12:59:06 PM »
What really bugs me about HIG adding different meeple colours is that the big box with the wheel of fortune included pink and purple Meeples but failed to include the barn, mayor and wagon Meeples.  These 3 Meeples can be played quite well without the abbey and mayor expansion tiles.  I would have been happy to pay extra for that big box if it had included the full Meeple set in the additional colours.

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »
What really bugs me about HIG adding different meeple colours is that the big box with the wheel of fortune included pink and purple Meeples but failed to include the barn, mayor and wagon Meeples.  These 3 Meeples can be played quite well without the abbey and mayor expansion tiles.  I would have been happy to pay extra for that big box if it had included the full Meeple set in the additional colours.
I agree with you and sent a rather angry mail to Cundco/HiG about it, recieved no reply.

IF you want to add new colors, throw all meeples of those colours in the big box, if I liked the big box and buy another expansion, I don´t get pur/pin-meeples anyway. So as a newcomer I have to start off immediately by ordering extra meeples, not good in any way except short term profit.

Oh, wait, you don´t have those meeples to order separately in those colours yet, ah, so I have to buy a full set anyway, but then two weeks afterwards you release the abbot in those colours, so the ones I ordered and painted are useless now, maybe you could have told me after recieving an email concerning this exact issue?

Oh, so you say that it´s not actually WoF AND Carc, it´s actually basic Carc with some extra tiles with an extra print on them so if you play basic Carc you have ugly WoF-markers.

The fact that the printing IN THE SAME BOX is in a green more varied than a guacamole gone sour seems too obvious to even complain about.

I´m not going to rant much longer, but buying the BB5 and then recieving no reply to my mail made me loose most good will towards the company itself. The fact that there is a plethora of cool expansions of all sizes and game mechanics available on this forum and elsewhere and they decide to go for tile size changes instead before running empty on cloisters for expanding markets makes it seem as though what has been said here before is correct, they are either not trying, ran completely out of ideas or just not giving a damn.

If, as I fear, the next releases will ALL be re-painted old expansions and cloisters as described above as well as special unique tiles for collectors and german e-bay sellers, I´d appreciate If they´d just open the printing machine for personal prints and orders.

I still love the game.
Maybe I shouldn´t buy kathars, what would I do next?

Offline Gabrielgeek01

• Freeman
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 07:46:52 AM »
I managed to order the missing pink and purple meeples for A&M (and for the Mini2 and Mini6 expansions) as well as 2 additional abbey tiles from Cundco in order to complete my collection. I don't know if this is still possible, but that way I easily completed my Big Box 5

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 08:09:57 AM »
I managed to order the missing pink and purple meeples for A&M (and for the Mini2 and Mini6 expansions) as well as 2 additional abbey tiles from Cundco in order to complete my collection. I don't know if this is still possible, but that way I easily completed my Big Box 5
I did that myself earlier that year. I also ordered tower tiles and bridges and castles for the 8th expansion.

Offline Gabrielgeek01

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 08:23:12 AM »
I did that myself earlier that year. I also ordered tower tiles and bridges and castles for the 8th expansion.
How many Tower pieces and bridges would you use with 7-8 players?
I also thought to add additional Catapult tokens for the 7th and 8th player but that seemed overkill emoji code29]

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 09:54:58 AM »
How many Tower pieces and bridges would you use with 7-8 players?
I also thought to add additional Catapult tokens for the 7th and 8th player but that seemed overkill emoji code29]
I'll answer your question, when I'm home. I think, I added the amount of that whats needed for a 6 player game.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers (2020) - moaning about new artwork... the story continues

Started by Bumsakalaka

8 Replies
Last post October 25, 2020, 02:54:27 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Moaning About Common Languages

Started by danisthirty

27 Replies
Last post December 27, 2018, 11:14:00 AM
by Decar
xx
Decar's obligatory moaning thread