Author Topic: Carcassonne League Round 1: MrNumbers vs. Quevy  (Read 5844 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Carcassonne League Round 1: MrNumbers vs. Quevy
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:31:42 PM »
Today we had two interesting games playing round Nr. 1 in our new Carcassonne League.
First game started with fast tile placement, but after 5-6 tiles I had to upset my opponent by blocking his city, cloister and a follower on the field (see first picture). The rest of the game we struggled for the huge city. Soon Quevy added the upper part of the city to the lower part and I had to add one more follower to share this city. Since my opponent ran out of followers he could not manage to win the battle for the big field. Final score: 123-79.

During second game Quevy was more careful with followers' placement (for example, from 3 cloisters on the South he placed follower only on 1 and completed it), but could not escape from blocking at least 1 follower (see second picture). Throughout the game I was trying to connect to the big city, but Quevy was lucky enough to connect more his followers, so near the end I decided to block this city: I placed the lowest tile of this city, knowing it will never be completed (I have counted the tiles in question).
Though Quevy had won the battle for the main field it wasn't enough to win the whole game: I have completed much more cities and this gave me necessary advantage. Final score: 83-69.

Interesting thing: in both games I was not placing any followers on cloisters. Maybe because they are easier to block?

Thanks once again to Quevy for interesting match and to danisthirty for bringing the idea of the League to the real implementation.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=765.0
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:33:35 PM by MrNumbers »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne League Round 1: MrNumbers vs. Quevy
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:31:49 PM »
Great report MrNumbers. I love the look of that mega-city in the first game, but feel almost disappointed that it didn't get completed.

I really need to write up the match I had with Carcking a few nights ago...

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne League Round 1: MrNumbers vs. Quevy
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »
MrNumbers is really very good, put me in trouble right from the start, the difference in experience is evident. I will work to improve :)
The two games were very funny, a great initiative, maybe next time we will have more participants.
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Carcassonne League Round 2: MrNumbers vs. Rfielder

Started by MrNumbers

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2014, 01:46:42 PM
by danisthirty
clip
Round 3: MrNumbers vs. Rosco

Started by MrNumbers

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2014, 11:15:01 PM