Author Topic: World Cup - Knock-out Stage!  (Read 39239 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup - Knock-out Stage!
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2014, 06:47:15 AM »
I already find that 1 week is quite long to play only one game. Imagine if you multiply by 6!

Indeed. I guess they both have busy schedules and an awkward time difference to take into account. I'm not paying for either of them to fly out to the other so they can play in person though!  :)

At this pace, to complete a tournament of 48 games, it would take about 5 years and a half. :)

The first 40 games of the tournament had been played within the first month which I thought was pretty good progress. We know the winner will be MrNumbers or Carcking though, why are you so keen to hurry them? It's not like it will change anybody else's finishing position...  ???

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2014, 07:35:47 AM »

We know the winner will be MrNumbers or Carcking though, why are you so keen to hurry them? It's not like it will change anybody else's finishing position...  ???

I think that's precisely the problem. They have no reasons to hurry so I decided to give them one, just like that, out of pure generosity :)

Ok, my job is done now. I promise not to complaint for the next 6 weeks and yes, I understand they must be super busy, as much as we all are I guess...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2014, 07:39:47 AM »

We know the winner will be MrNumbers or Carcking though, why are you so keen to hurry them? It's not like it will change anybody else's finishing position...  ???

I think that's precisely the problem. They have no reasons to hurry so I decided to give them one, just like that, out of pure generosity :)

Ok, my job is done now. I promise not to complaint for the next 6 weeks and yes, I understand they must be super busy, as much as we all are I guess...

For what it's worth, they almost played the final last night but had to postpone it because of a technical problem with JCloisterZone. Don't worry though, you're certainly not the only person waiting to congratulate/ commiserate the eventual winner/ runner-up!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »
Don't worry though, you're certainly not the only person waiting to congratulate/ commiserate the eventual winner/ runner-up!

I, on the other hand, am waiting for one of them to get injured so I get a late call-up to play in the final.  >:D

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
Don't worry though, you're certainly not the only person waiting to congratulate/ commiserate the eventual winner/ runner-up!

I, on the other hand, am waiting for one of them to get injured so I get a late call-up to play in the final.  >:D

How is your injury? Somebody else must have really wanted to play against quevy in the 3rd/4th play-off!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »
How is your injury? Somebody else must have really wanted to play against quevy in the 3rd/4th play-off!

It's more or less fine now, thanks for asking. I have three different blisters on my burnt hand and it's still hard to hold pot handles, but other than that it's OK. :(y)

[dedication] But I had to plunge my hand into cold water for 2 hours just to get it ready to play our game last Thursday [/dedication].

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2014, 11:57:08 AM »
First Carcassonne World Cup has got his champion!

Congratulations, Carcking!
Final score - 349:327.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:59:32 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Pictures added »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »
Wow, looks like it was a great and close game! Congratulations to Carcking and also to MrNumbers for reaching the final. MrNumbers, did you play this game with your mouse in one hand and your baby in the other? :green-meeple:

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »
MrNumbers, did you play this game with your mouse in one hand and your baby in the other? :green-meeple:

Baby will be at home tomorrow :) It is normal practice here in Latvia that mother with new-born baby spend 3 days in hospital (as opposed to Great Britain rules - after 6 hours you are at home).

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »
Carcking,

Congratulations to our winner of this CarcC World Cup final game.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »
Good game MrNumbers! That was a close one and was difficult to call right up until the end. When you won the Cathedral city I thought that was the end. I had to battle back and it was tough.

Good match!

I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2014, 11:12:55 PM »
Woohoo! Congratulations Carcking - we have our champion!  :(y) Commiserations MrNumbers.  :(

It looks like it was a great game, I hope it was enjoyed by both. And how did you decide who got to play Red? I can well imagine quite a battle for that too!

I will complete all of my spreadsheets etc and post the prize list within a week or so. Then I'll just need to get addresses and start sending stuff out.

Baby will be at home tomorrow :) It is normal practice here in Latvia that mother with new-born baby spend 3 days in hospital (as opposed to Great Britain rules - after 6 hours you are at home).

Not always the case! With Jessica (our first), my wife was in hospital for the following 2 or 3 nights. And with Ben, my wife stayed just 1 night. Things went relatively smoothly with both births, but sometimes they like to keep you in for longer than feels necessary. I hope you settle well into life as a family of 4; daughters are very special (as are sons but you know this already!)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:17:43 PM by danisthirty »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2014, 01:12:37 AM »
Congratulations Carcking! Honorable mention to MrNumbers for fighting until the end!

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2014, 01:26:25 AM »
I waited a long time to find out who would be the winner of the competition.
Congratulations Carcking, lose against you was not in vain :)
MrNumber I feel sorry for you.
Now we are all waiting for the surprises that Dan will send participants home :)
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2014, 01:24:12 AM »
I will complete all of my spreadsheets etc and post the prize list within a week or so. Then I'll just need to get addresses and start sending stuff out.

I assume 3rd place gets BB5, the new edition, Goldrush, and a hand-crafted wooden storage box that perfectly fits all expansions and then magically expands when a new expansion is released.

If that's too much, I'll settle for BB5, the new edition and the magic box.  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
2017 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage

Started by MrNumbers

121 Replies
Last post May 23, 2018, 02:54:30 AM
by Halfling
xx
2015 World Cup of Carcassonne Central - Knock-Out Stage

Started by danisthirty

160 Replies
Last post February 08, 2017, 02:46:16 PM
by danisthirty
clip
2016 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage

Started by MrNumbers

63 Replies
Last post February 01, 2017, 01:59:24 AM
by Jéré
xx
Can a Dragon knock off a double sized Meeple?

Started by LilliB

5 Replies
Last post February 21, 2020, 12:57:04 PM
by Meepledrone
question
Knock off? Fake? What is this box?

Started by OJH1997

8 Replies
Last post March 02, 2022, 04:29:13 PM
by DIN0