Author Topic: KJW-Signed Tile Giveaway  (Read 19099 times)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
Re: KJW-Signed Tile Giveaway
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 01:25:17 PM »
They aren't as good as the signed DAN tile that I have.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline chicago_red

• Labourer
  • Merit: 2
  • Now we are friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 04:04:25 PM »
Hi Dan, thank you again for this wonderful gift! May I have the RRRR tile in old art?
If you go to the left - you'll find death.
If you go to the right - you'll lose your horse.
If you go straight - you'll live, but will forget who you are.

Offline worstzyraau

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 10:37:44 PM »
Hi Dan,
I'd like to have one of the new art tiles please, one of the city tiles please; I don't mind which one. Thank you very much for your generosity.

During my last game we introduced the Tower expansion. We usually play very friendly, and that's why I love Carcassonne; it's generally a friendly game and brings all my friends together. Whilst I did enjoy the tactical aspect the Tower introduced, one of my friends brought along their new partner to our play group, and he played very aggressively. We might play without him next time  :P

Thank you.

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 01:29:00 AM »
Hello Dan, might I claim the cloister with the road (old style)?

Before my last game, it took a while before my regular 3-guys gaming group played Carcassonne. Luckily, we had a fourth guest joining us. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos..

We always start with one basic rule: more tiles, less rules (sounds better in Dutch...)

So we played with the following expansion tiles:
- Inns and Cathedrals
- Traders and Builders
- Besiegers
- Abbey and Mayor
- GQ11
- King, Scout and Robber

The builder, mayor and big meeple were present as well.

During the game, it was obvious there were going to be 3 deciding factors: 2 big cities, (nullified with cathedrals and besiegers) and the main farm. I managed to win one of those cities while annoying the others enough with the city I couldn't get into. The main farm was more tricky. 3 of us were invested heavily in it, I even used my big meeple. The two others needed one particular tile to join in once more and gain the upperhand. They never came! I was able to grab the main farm and the win.

And now I can't wait to play again ;)
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Clarky

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 02:47:22 AM »
Hi Dan, I’d like new art cfff if possible.

My last game was about two and half weeks ago on what my friends and I like to call Monday Funday, every Monday me and five friends meet up to play board games and/or video games. Carcassonne is our go to game since I introduced just it after Christmas.

The only other time I’ve posted on the forums is way back then when I was asking for options on expansions but I’ve been lurking ever since. Since then I’ve also added 4 expansions and 3 mini expansions.

Anyway the last game we played included the base game, river and abbot, inns and cathedrals, traders and builders, the princess and the dragon, abbey and mayor, festival 2, the labyrinth and fruit trees. We included all of the tiles but not all of the rules, dragon, fairy and barns rules were not included. Everyone has their own colours they play every time, mine is yellow, which I picked because I knew no one else would want to be yellow, I tend to play yellow in most games now.

This has become our standard set up the least few plays and as you can imagine with 6 people playing it can take 2-3 hours to finish a game, some of us are starting to get Carcassonne fatigue because of this. So I’ve sorted out a selection of tiles/rules for the next game that I think will be a fun mix and will hopefully reduce playtime down to an hour.

Since I received Carcassonne for Christmas I have been firmly hooked, what a game!

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 03:16:43 AM »
Hello Dude,

I would like to have the still unclaimed CFCF-tile (old artwork) if possible.

My last real time game was a 4-player game where i introduced 2 rookies (2 friends of my girlfriend) to the world of Carcassonne.  So, it was base game and Inns & cathedrals only to keep it simple.  One of the rookies choose 100% for the pink meeples as she is totally into pink.  I struggled to keep the blocking part of Carcassonne for what is was but i explained some situations where i could have blocked them.  In the end, I won but more important, they both liked the game and asked for another time...they even asked to bring the Catapult with me when we do...and that would even be a first-timer for me!

Oh yeah, merit +1 from me for yet another generous action of you, Dan!

Offline Squiffything

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
  • Do I smell onions?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 04:25:43 AM »
They aren't as good as the signed DAN tile that I have.

Ah but is it a signed Dan tile signed by KJW or is it the uber rare never to be seen again signed Dan tile signed by Dan! with the Travelling Dan meeples expansion.
Oooo, look at all the meeples

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2018, 05:15:24 AM »
KJW. If it was Dan signed I'd have asked for a KJW tile! Surely that is obvious?  >:D

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 06:53:08 AM »
Hi Dan,
I'd like to have one of the new art tiles please, one of the city tiles please; I don't mind which one. Thank you very much for your generosity.

Hi Dan, I’d like new art cfff if possible.

Welcome to the forums worstzyraau and Clarky - and thanks for posting about your games! :(y)

I've updated the lists of claimed tiles so please let me know if I've got anything wrong. Also, don't forget to drop me a PM with your postal address if you have claimed something so that I know where to send it! C:-)

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 01:16:38 PM »
Hey Dan, the correct Dan ::)

First of all thank you for the opportunity to get a signed tile from KJW.

And as second I couldn't find a picture of the game, but I can tell it was a beautiful landscape ;)

My last game was with the wonderful Winter Edition. I played against my (at that time) Miss Sinscerly, if I remember correctly, but please don't kill me if I'm wrong she played with  :blue-meeple: :blue-meeple: as she likes blue a lot. I played with  :green-meeple: :green-meeple: against her :)

We played with a total of two copies of the Dutch Winter Edition with the gingerbread expansion in it(we left out the second ginger man, or it would get a big points party).

As normally she went so good at the beginning and I was trying hard to keep my head above the wave on the score track as she got points after points every round. But in the middel of the game we went around the same scoring. I took finally over sometimes the ginger man and went going up the ladder to the first position. But with the last tiles I couldn't complete my big city(yeah she started finally to block sometimes, well probably I had been better off if I didn't learned her to block ::)) but yeah that would be not really fair. So she got some points difference of around 15 points...
The score got pretty high with two Winter Editions but the landscape is so beautiful to look at ^-^. I really prefer the winter edition sometime above the normal, mostly when we go play without expansions.

If there are any old tiles left over with one of those amazing signings on it. Surprise me  ;) I like those churches a lot and those beautiful castles oh and those lovely small french roads. And if the old ones are gone, well I will need to find a way to get attracted to that new art work then :))

"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 08:29:58 PM »
Oh boi here we go!

It was the 12th of May my last game of Carcassonne, specifically in the National Qualifying Tournament that day, in the Shivano store, in my hometown Santiago, in Chile (a bit obvious I would say  ::) ).

I arrived very early and anxious, having already tried about four times before reaching this point (not to mention the past years), and although I felt very nervous, I trusted myself and all the experience gained playing in previous tournaments and my practice.

People began to arrive, and when it was time to start, there were about 12 people. It was a small place, but we were able to accommodate ourselves perfectly. There were several familiar faces from previous tournaments, against which I won and lost equally.

We started, and my first game was with a player with whom I had competed a last date to take me the third place (the prize was an Epic, as a consolation prize), which after an intense duel, I won by wide difference, about 50 points . Some difficult farms marked the end of that game.

My second match was lost against a novice but very skilled player! He wbecause of blockades of meeples in a giant city, which did not reach completion, losing both a couple of followers on the road, but he took the most appetizing piece.

For the amount of people, everything would decide now. I had to win yes or yes if I wanted to go to Top 4. This game was strange, and very funny, I must admit. I played against someone very novice, so new, that with a single movement, I took a city of 6 points, and I blocked 3 monks with a single movement. Despite feeling a bit bad about myself, he did not take any notice and kept playing, until he finally realized his mistake, and took it with a lot of laughter. The game ended quickly, having won by more than 70 points, and still having time for the others to finish, play a friendly rematch, which I lost and several of our peasants were locked in closed roads  >:D

Thanks to the large number of points I won, by tiebreak, I could enter the Top 4, remaining in third place. If he won, he goes to the Top 2, which would automatically qualify me for the national tournament. And my decisive match was with the player with whom I lost the second round  :'(

Wow, what a game! Ignoring my strategy of starting with the farms as soon as possible, I let my opponent take them before me, so I concentrated on acquiring small and medium-sized cities. He, on the other hand, had a lot of luck with the cloisters, and then, I went back to the farms. Being that my opponent was tempted to spend all his meeples, I took advantage of taking everything I could, as I had during most of the game 3 meeples in my reserve  8) :blue-meeple:

We went head to head, looking like he would take the victory, when in the penultimate piece, I managed to make a city of 18 points, which solitarily began to form far from their domain ;) This was key, because I precisely won by 18 points, and of a draw, he would have won because of the difference of points won previously.

And I won. I did it. Alfin, after several years, I was able to acquire a sufficiently advanced level of play to get to play competitively. After that, with the winner of the other table, we desisted in playing, opting to share the prizes, we were already tired and exhausted from all this. He took an Exit and a Sushi Go, I a Checkpoint Charlie and a Kodama. The third and fourth, an Epic and a Star Realms.

Well, thats it! Thank you Dan for this gift to the community. I would like to claim for the frff, the cloister with road from the old art, if it is not too much to ask  ;D

PD: I played with the blue color. It is my favorite color and personal cabal  :blue-meeple: :blue-meeple: :blue-meeple:
PD 2: Whoops! The cloister was already taked :( doesn't matter, I claim the old-art cfrr tile left (never the frfr, NEVER)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:37:47 PM by Xanderx12 »

Offline mPony

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • Greetings from Canada!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 07:36:48 AM »
Hi Dan!  Well, in our last game I played Yellow (as per usual) and J played black.  We added I&C, T&B, 10th anniversary and GQ expansions.  Some day we will start playing with the river again (we used to always use it).  Generally when we play T&B I get screwed out of goods tiles but this time I was closing cities left right and center.  I decided not to bother much with farming until the last 2/3 of the game.  J usually gets into farming a bit earlier than I do, and usually I just try to steal any farm that's big enough to warrant stealing. None of the farms were particularly juicy so I aimed to recoup as many meeples as I could by the last third of the game, and it actually paid off.  There were a few cities well over 24 points courtesy of the cathedrals, so the scoring was a real horse-race the whole time.  First J was ahead, then I blew past, and then he would catch up, and finally by game end J won by about 2 or 4 points.  Still, it was a blast. :)

Any old-style tile would be preferable.  I am never, Ever EVER parting with my beloved Carcassonne collection, certainly not with any piece sent as a gift.

Cheers,
Ian.

Offline aenima

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 08:31:23 AM »
ok Dan... here my post!
our (my wife and me) last game (few hours ago)
Me = black ; my wife = Yellow

Components:
Starting tiles with River I and River II
base game + inns and catedral + traders and builders + The Festival + the flying machines + the 4 promo tiles

the beginning of the game was very individualistic. I was thinking about my business, as well as my wife. After a while the fighting started ... I got the better of many challenges, stealing points from cities, roads using my big follower and accumulating lots of resources. Shortly after the half of the game, my wife occupied what seemed to be the best field and, with subsequent plays, precluded me from entering. Having renounced the idea of doing war on that field, I decided to occupy two small fields and make my own business! but, over time, she too was able to accumulate a lot of resources and, until the end of the game, the result remained uncertain ... and in fact ...
I managed to win for a point of difference! : D
Black 266 VP Vs Yellow 265 VP
yeeeee
now my wife hates me ... but I feel good ... I won! heheh
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:33:52 AM by aenima »

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2018, 09:24:33 AM »
Hello everybody and thanks again Dan for this wonderful opportunity; the Fantreff in July will be a nice occasion to replenish the pool of tiles ;)

Yesterday evening I played 2 nice games; the first one with a friend who came just passing by to say hello, but as always, it is often the occasion to challenge me on 1 on 1 old style Carcassonne. I will not elaborate so much on this game but I won by a large margin of 1 point  O0

The most interesting game was the one after where my girlfriend challenged us and entered a new round. Our 16 Month old daughter was rampaging in the living room so it was base game only

Game started slowly and I was gaining a couple points and entering interesting fields really early since a big battle for a city was exploding between the other 2 ones and I couldn't be part of it.

They had 1 guy each, then two each and then my girlfriend made a big mistake by not cutting a third guy from the other opponent, she realised this mistake just after we explained her and she was so pissed that she attracted the god of luck and managed to sneak an almost impossible 3rd guy into it within the next 3 turns.

The thing was I was 99% sure this city would never be finished beccause of tile repartition... but it was; and quite a big one, 36 points  :'(. From then I knew the victory would be hard, especially after they claimed back 3 meeples each.

I was able to secure most of the interesting fields in the meantime but it wasn't enough to take the lead, girfriend won with  :blue-meeple: with 106 points; then me :green-meeple: with 98 points and poor friend again just behind me  :black1-meeple: with 96 points.

She then teased us the whole evening: "you know I never like fields and since you always have them in the end I didn't even look into it" gnagnagnagnagna  :-X

Carcassonne always makes for a good fun !

If still possible, I don't think anybody claimed the RCFR tile in old art.

Thanks again Dan !
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 07:58:56 AM »
Sorry for the prolonged silence from me guys.

Please know that I'm not backing out of the promises I've made here and will be posting tiles soon (provided I have your address).

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Looking for signed tile by Doris Matthäus

Started by Mr Meeple

0 Replies
Last post June 23, 2022, 04:59:10 AM
by Mr Meeple
xx
WTB signed tiles

Started by Allograft

5 Replies
Last post March 15, 2021, 02:40:21 PM
by Decar
xx
Doris Matthäus signed tiles

Started by kettlefish

14 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 11:53:52 AM
by Paul
xx
Anyone interested in a SIGNED expansion from Claus Jurgen Wrede?

Started by Christianmocking

20 Replies
Last post June 26, 2017, 04:41:42 PM
by Mikeagan
xx
Carc's 15th Birthday: Sign a tile for KJW

Started by danisthirty

226 Replies
Last post October 19, 2016, 12:32:53 AM
by Andrew the Ambo