Poll

How do you feel about your online shopping experience with Cundco?

Very happy
50 (65.8%)
Somewhat happy
17 (22.4%)
About 50/50
5 (6.6%)
Somewhat unhappy
2 (2.6%)
Very unhappy
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author Topic: Ordering online at Cundco (HiG)  (Read 38885 times)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Ordering online at Cundco (HiG)
« on: April 12, 2016, 04:44:15 AM »
Cundco is HiG's online shop, and these days mini-expansions are often released directly through Cundco, so it's an important online shop for many Carcassonne fans. We talk about Cundco in various threads, such as the postman threads or the threads for new expansions. But this information can often get lost in multiple threads so perhaps it's time we had a dedicated thread to discuss people's experiences with Cundco. Vote in the poll to share your experience about shopping with Cundco so far, and also use this thread to talk about future orders with Cundco.

Some people have had some negative experiences with Cundco recently. If you've had problems, share them and it might help others to avoid these problems in the future.

Finally, do you have any other general tips or comments to make about shopping with Cundco? Do you pay by bank transfer or by PayPal? Do they typically respond fairly quickly if you send them an email? How could the service be improved?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2610.0
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:51:43 AM by jungleboy »

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering online at Cundco (HiG)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 04:49:28 AM »
I'm very satisfied with Cundco. They never made any mistake with my orders and always on time. I've tried paypal and bank transfer and both seem to work fine for me. Very happy customer here.

The only thing that might come in handy is an email that reports when the order has been sent and not just changing the status on cundco.com

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 04:50:31 AM »
I've ordered from Cundco several times, and never had any issues with an order.

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 05:04:21 AM »
I also put 'very happy'- the only issue I ever had was when trying to use the spare parts form and that was resolved in the end (thanks for the support kettlefish). I have never had any problems using paypal and my orders usually arrive very quickly given the distance they travel. They do seem a bit understaffed- but for the resources they have, in my experience they generally do a good job.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 05:09:45 AM »
I put very happy based on the one single order I placed that executed perfectly. This may askew the poll a bit.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 05:10:19 AM »
They messed up one of my orders, but they fixed it so I am happy with them.  They have things that I can't get anywhere else.  They also have reasonable international shipping for small orders.

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 05:13:22 AM »
The only thing that might come in handy is an email that reports when the order has been sent and not just changing the status on cundco.com

Same here
Whatever it is, it's probably in the post from Germany...

Offline Yashin-n

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 05:23:28 AM »
I've ordered from Cundco several times, and never had any issues with an order.
So have I.
I'd like to have advertising newsletter by e-mail about "highlights", news, new products and so on.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 05:31:36 AM »
Totally happy, the largest order I placed just after Essen last year, took a few weeks to arrive, but this is to be expected.  They've replied to several of my emails within a quick turn around too.

Offline egamar

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 4
  • I haven't much in my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 05:41:01 AM »
I have made several orders with cundco (oh, maybe 10+) and each has been handled well, although not with the 'excellence' one has become accustomed to from large online businesses.   I do not mean in the execution of the order (everything I have ever ordered has arrived with no problem) but in some of the administrative issues (and they share these issues with my other two favourite german sites - Nostheide and Spielmaterial):

a)  No confirmation of shipping by email
b)  No debit/credit card payments

re a) being in the UK deliveries are normally received inside 10 days.  Confirmation of despatch is important for people living further afield perhaps. It also serves as notification that one's order has actually been processed through to despatch and isn't stuck/overlooked somewhere.

re b) Outside the €-zone bank transfer is impractical due to costs. Paypal exchange rates are pretty poor.  Several UK credit cards offer very good exchange rates (mid-market) without additional fees.  I would be surprised if a Credit Card's Merchant fees for HiG were higher than Paypal fees, so there would seem to be no reason why CC payments couldn't be accepted - but similarly Nostheide and spielmaterial don't accept them either - maybe it's a German thing?

I know there have been some unhappy experiences reported on BGG recently from one or two US buyers, and there did seem to be a lack of communication ack from HiG to the individuals while they were trying to resolve their problems.

Me? I'd have no doubt that HiG would sort-out any issues - but then in the EU were are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations, so they sort of have to.
Agricola was my gateway game. Carcassonne became my game of choice.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 05:41:15 AM »
Very happy with them. They offer lost of good stuff and very cheap. I can understand it for some that they complain about them. But I understand that they are humans and are allowed to make some mistakes. My packages always arrive pretty quick and when there is a mistake they fix it very quick.
No negative experience.

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 06:26:02 AM »
Very happy with them, I did already maybe 4 or 5 orders on the new and old platform, it came always quite fast and nicely packed.

Problem is now I bought everything from their website :D
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 06:42:54 AM »
Very happy with them, I did already maybe 4 or 5 orders on the new and old platform, it came always quite fast and nicely packed.

Problem is now I bought everything from their website :D

I know your feeling..

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 07:49:52 AM »
Some people have had some negative experiences with Cundco recently. If you've had problems, share them and it might help others to avoid these problems in the future.

I don't know which category to choose, honestly.  I'd say that I'm generally happy but I have had a very negative experience.

It started at the end of 2014 and it took more than 5 months and 2 phone calls from kettlefish to solve the issue. At that time, I would have clearly answered "Very unhappy" but since then, they handled a few orders properly... so I don't know what to think now.

Also, at that time, I seriously thought about writing a major rant on this forum but then, I thought that it would be a bit selfish to use my personal experience to bash a small online shop that is doing so much for this community. Maybe I was wrong? Maybe my experience would have been useful to improve the process? Or simply it would have been useful to other forum members? Thanks JB for this thread...

I'll try to briefly summarize my long and painful experience: It all started when I tried to order the River I from Big Box 5... big mistake! I think that Cundco has changed its policy since then and now clearly states that it is not possible to do that. It was not obvious back in 2014... Then it got complicated... it would have been so easy to just cancel my order but instead, why on earth did they send me other random tiles?? That meant that, not only I was not getting what I wanted but I was paying for something I didn't need... (tiles they sent were from WoF with numbers on them... but I didn't own the WoF at the time so it was totally useless! even with the expansion these would be duplicates so what's the point?). After that, I was trying to get my money back and it's not like I was hammering them with emails... I don't think I have sent more than one email per month... and it took so long that I had lost hope. Again, merit to kettlefish for helping me.

There are a few other things I don't like about Cundco:

- Their shipping cost to The Netherlands. They have simplified their categories for shipping fees and included all EU countries in the same so shipping to Bulgaria costs the same as shipping to Netherlands, which is next door? Wtf? Do they need geography lessons? I see on the enveloppe how much they have paid for shipping and I certainly don't like that they put the difference in their pockets. I presume that a seperate category for Benelux would solve this... and what about Austria & Switzerland? They ship from Munich...

- The way they have silently erased my credit that I had worked so hard to get from their system when they switched to the new website. Sometime after, while browsing their website I found out that they had done that (it was written somewhere that they had been unable to transfert the money between accounts)... so (again) I had to email them to get the money. This time it was quick but still... why is it always so hard and cumbersome?

For all these reasons I will choose "somewhat unhappy"... (and I'm nice because I'm hesitating to select "very unhappy")

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »
I'm very satisfied with Cundco. They never made any mistake with my orders and always on time. I've tried paypal and bank transfer and both seem to work fine for me. Very happy customer here.

Same here, but the postage costs and the time they take to send the orders together with the shipping costs are  :(n) :(n) :(n)
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Ordering Components from Cundco

Started by totor66

28 Replies
Last post March 25, 2016, 10:33:20 AM
by Decar
xx
Ordering Replacement tiles from Cundco

Started by axelsson

30 Replies
Last post May 19, 2018, 08:16:09 PM