Author Topic: Order of the Meeple  (Read 47588 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Meeple
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 11:15:16 PM »
which means the colors in this table???

Sorry jma03, I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

The colours represent the different achievements towards the Order of the Meeple as described here. When an individual completes all achievements for a specific level I complete that part of the table for them by filling it in with the colour corresponding to the level they've achieved.  :yellow-meeple: :green-meeple: :blue-meeple: :red-meeple: or  :black1-meeple: (eventually)

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 01:52:18 AM »
I have seen page 1 where this description of colors¡¡¡
thanks dan
good job
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 03:37:16 AM »
If I'm not mistaken then Blue-5 should be awarded to aenima, farin and me. All 3 of us have already achieved a Total Score Differential of 75 points or more in at least one individual tournament:
  • aenima's TSD in I&C League was +130,
  • farin' TSD in I&C League was +261,
  • my TSD in I&C League was +348.
Is that correct?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2015, 03:47:45 AM »
If I'm not mistaken then Blue-5 should be awarded to aenima, farin and me. All 3 of us have already achieved a Total Score Differential of 75 points or more in at least one individual tournament:
  • aenima's TSD in I&C League was +130,
  • farin' TSD in I&C League was +261,
  • my TSD in I&C League was +348.
Is that correct?

Yes, absolutely correct. I've updated my spreadsheet.

Thanks for checking Leven!  :)

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »
So I guess I need to play a weekly game and hold at least 2500 career points to get green?

Sorry to keep you waiting so long for a response to this ny; my spreadsheet was at work and I wasn't! Here's a quick summary for you:

Expansion League #1: Traders & Builders
Finishing Position: 10
Experience Points: 9
Points scored: 1449
Score differential:  +12

Expansion League #2: Inns & Cathedrals
Finishing Position: 15
Experience Points: 7
Points scored: 878
Score differential:  -298  :o

Expansion League #3: Abbey & Mayor
Finishing Position: 9
Experience Points: 13
Points scored: 1333
Score differential:  +3

Overall
Experience Points: 29
Points scored: 3660
Score differential:  -197 (boosted by 86)

Full results and membership level updates for everyone will be coming later this week...  :(y)

Thanks a lot for the summary, Dan! And it's me who don't check the forum on a daily basis, so don't worry at all about keeping me waiting. There's always a lot of resources for me to check on the forum. When I asked that question, I hadn't noticed the form... you see, I'm really blind... I was only reading the text. Anyway, thanks for confirming that I'm just one step away from the Green Order.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2015, 01:47:23 AM »
Thanks Dan!

Regarding my Yellow-2, I've played weekly games on April 16th and 23rd, no wins.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2015, 01:59:49 AM »
Thanks Dan!

Regarding my Yellow-2, I've played weekly games on April 16th and 23rd, no wins.

Cool, I was pretty sure you had. So all you need to do now is to take part in one more online competition and you'll have achieved membership at the Yellow level! :(y)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 01:12:24 AM »
:blue-meeple: Order of the Meeple: Blue
[...]
Blue-2: Reach the knock-out stage (top 8 ) of a World Cup style online tournament
I assume, this means knock-out stage AND top 8? In this case, reaching Round 2 of KO stage would be required to meet this condition in the current WC.

Also: Are there any plans, to evaluate the ranks 17-20 for Green-2?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:17:44 AM by Hounk »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 01:17:22 AM »
:blue-meeple: Order of the Meeple: Blue
[...]
Blue-2: Reach the knock-out stage (top 8 ) of a World Cup style online tournament
I assume, this means knock-out stage AND top 8? In this case, reaching Round 2 of KO stage would be required to meet this condition in the current WC.

Correct. Based on last year's World Cup it was never anticipated that there would be more than 8 people reaching the knock-out stage...

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »
I see. The second question, I edited in, while you replied was a rather dull one, considering, that in the chart of the 2014 league, all ranks from 1 to 18 are assigned individually.

One thing, which I think was never explained, and makes me curiouse is, what this "Differential Booster" is.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2015, 07:22:13 AM »
Also: Are there any plans, to evaluate the ranks 17-20 for Green-2?

Absolutely. Everyone will get a rank from 1 - 40. Those finishers in the top 20 will earn Green-2 for finishing in the top half.

One thing, which I think was never explained, and makes me curiouse is, what this "Differential Booster" is.

These numbers are added to people's overall PD to prevent them from dropping below 200. If their PD does drop below 200 it is "boosted" by increasing the differential booster in this way. Some people would have such a low PD by now that it would be more or less impossible to reach some of the higher PD-related achievements so -200 is considered the lowest it can go so that they still have a chance to catch up if necessary.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2015, 02:45:35 AM »
As somebody, who profited from this already, I consider this booster a little unfair to others. I know, it would be a little more of back tracking, but would suggest a modus like in the ATP/WTA ranks for the PD: only point differences scored up to a specific time in the past are calculated. In the tennis competitions this are in the past year, but that might be a bit tough for getting 700 points in just such a short amount of time, so maybe 2 years instead?

Like all the other requirements, I suppose, you only have to achieve them once, you won't loose a rank, when you fall back in your Careere Score Differential. So for each member, there would be no need to track further, after 700 points have been accomplished first time.

EDIT: On second thought, Dan and MrNumbers already meet the 700 points, and both within less then a year. Between WC 2014 and A&M League 2015, so one year of back tracking might be enough.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 02:55:13 AM by Hounk »

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 12:35:19 AM »
Hi Dan,

On top of Yellow-1 acheived by entering the WC2015 I believe I achieved the Green-3 by winning by 46 on the match of the A&M League against Leven.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 02:02:34 AM »
Hi Dan,

On top of Yellow-1 acheived by entering the WC2015 I believe I achieved the Green-3 by winning by 46 on the match of the A&M League against Leven.

Hi Chooselife!

You’re quite right of course, your best win being a 46-point win over Leven during the Abbey & Mayor league (group stage). This means you just need Green 2 & 4 to achieve membership at the Green level since you already hold Yellow. Green 4 is just a matter of time as it requires 2500 points (you’re currently on 1973) and you were very close to Green 2 (finish in the top half of a competition) when you finished 11th out of 21 in the Abbey & Mayor league. Next time!

The reason none of this is shown on the most recent image here is that I only usually update it at the end of each competition, and then take a snapshot. So there will be another update at the end of the currently ongoing World Cup which will bring everyone up to speed.

I’m starting to think that maybe a Google docs approach would be better in this respect. I’ll look into it and see what I can do... :)

:blue-meeple:

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 02:46:49 AM »
How did I finish in the last league? I just need to finish in the top half to get green as well.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
1 Gold Meeple 1 Silber Meeple 1 Bronce Meeple

Started by nili3000042

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2022, 07:46:56 AM
by Halfling
xx
Order of the Meeple: Challenge Matches

Started by danisthirty

54 Replies
Last post April 26, 2018, 03:07:36 PM
by danisthirty
xx
The Order of the Meeple

Started by danisthirty

48 Replies
Last post May 17, 2015, 05:29:02 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Crop circles: is itpossible to add more than one meeple close to another meeple?

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2022, 12:56:35 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers

Started by rbanks88

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2021, 12:18:24 AM
by Meepledrone