Poll

Will you buy the new Carcassonne?

Yes, another great add-on to my edition
7 (7.7%)
No, i like the old, warm and nice graphics of my own collection
33 (36.3%)
No, i'm afraid new expansions will be in these graphics.
30 (33%)
I'm not sure yet, i want more info
7 (7.7%)
Yes, but only for the Abbot expansion
10 (11%)
Yes, if the price is right
4 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Carcassonne 2.0.. poll  (Read 21343 times)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne 2.0.. poll
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »
In one way I am glad that they are doing this. Now I can finally see the end of the road for my collection of Carcassonne.

Will I buy the new edition? Hell no!

Tobias - you are right on with this one. I will not be buying 2.0 and so the Half and Half may be the end of official expansions for my set. But perhaps Spielbox will continue future expansions with the original graphics?

This is a remarkable turn of events...and very puzzling...
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 12:17:32 AM »
This actually also brings me a sense of peace. At least I know where they're heading with Carcassonne now.
I have enough wonderful expansions to never get bored of. I have printed fan expansions I haven't got to the table yet.
I may just leave Carcassonne 2.0 for the new kids. I'm happy with what I've got

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 12:36:15 AM »
It's common to feel unease when changes occur. Especially when it comes to something you like and spent some time with. But I don't worry. Changes are inevitable and us veteran fans have gotten so much out of this game we should be content by now.

Since the new version is compatible with the old one, even if it's just the same backside, I don't mind changes to the tiles. Have you noticed the 'old' variations themselves? The Plague for example is much thicker and easy to distinguish. Then there's the grass (lighter / darker) and corners (sharpened / rounded) to name a few.

To be honest, I'm a little curious on how the new one will be.

World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 12:44:49 AM »
Since the new version is compatible with the old one, even if it's just the same backside, I don't mind changes to the tiles. Have you noticed the 'old' variations themselves? The Plague for example is much thicker and easy to distinguish. Then there's the grass (lighter / darker) and corners (sharpened / rounded) to name a few.
Those are changes, those are differences between printings. Almost every print run of a Carcassonne expansion has had slightly different colors and tile cuts. Spielbox expansions are also often thicker than normal tiles while Carcassonne 10th Anniversary tiles were thinner. I doubt any of these problems will be corrected in a new version.

I, too, am content, I think, with where the game is at right now. I won't be buying the new version, though I may buy the Abbot meeple if CarcassonneShoppe gets it in as a stand-alone piece.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 07:29:07 AM »
Those are changes, those are differences between printings. Almost every print run of a Carcassonne expansion has had slightly different colors and tile cuts. Spielbox expansions are also often thicker than normal tiles while Carcassonne 10th Anniversary tiles were thinner. I doubt any of these problems will be corrected in a new version.

I, too, am content, I think, with where the game is at right now. I won't be buying the new version, though I may buy the Abbot meeple if CarcassonneShoppe gets it in as a stand-alone piece.

My guess is that they won't make it available.. just to promote their new product.. but who knows.. they did it before also.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 07:31:23 PM »
The new abbot meeple would likely be available as part of the replacement parts program.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 02:12:58 AM »
The new abbot meeple would likely be available as part of the replacement parts program.

Lol.. you sir are a genius, why didn't i think about this.

Well, it would be available for all of us then!

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »
I will almost certainly not be buying anything in the new edition. 

Is the Abbott a unique figure or is there one for every color?
Flee the fleas.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 09:23:06 AM »
Is the Abbott a unique figure or is there one for every color?
The Abbot -
One Abbot for each players colour in the base game Carcassonne II (total 5 figures).

Offline fastertove

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • My God, it's full of stars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »
I hope they stay with the old graphic for expansions. I like the style Carcassonne has now. I used to play Magic The Gathering 15-20 years ago. But after several graphic "upgrades", to the worse, imho, I  couldn't relate to itany longer. The new cards didn't have the same feeling. Anyway, I fear that 2.0 with take some of the soul from the game. I really like the simple graphic It has now. Keep it simple. :-)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 02:04:35 PM »
I hope they stay with the old graphic for expansions. I like the style Carcassonne has now. I used to play Magic The Gathering 15-20 years ago. But after several graphic "upgrades", to the worse, imho, I  couldn't relate to itany longer. The new cards didn't have the same feeling. Anyway, I fear that 2.0 with take some of the soul from the game. I really like the simple graphic It has now. Keep it simple. :-)

Nicely said, I agree :)

Offline Allan in Brisbane

• Villein
  • Merit: 0
  • Psalm 139:14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 05:27:23 PM »
I've only been recently introduced to the game but still prefer the original styling.
But I'm not planning to get every expansion, or offshoot, or ridiculously overpriced ebay "collectables" (Cathers and Tunnels being the prime culprits).
My sense for the future - if HiG and their partners want to effectively transition to Carcassonne 2.0 they will need a well priced "Mega-Release" which would include the base game, 5-6 major expansions, and a few mini expansions.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »

I will not buy Carcassonne version 2... Just because it's the same base game that I already have, with "updated" graphics.. :) Same game, new skin.. Nothing new there for me..

However, if the abbot was sold separately, I would buy it if the price was right.  ^-^ (I'm stingy and broke... Don't like to spend too much money on stuff)

And if there will be new expansions with the "new graphics", then yeah, I would most likely try to buy them too, because they bring a new function to the game. :)

I don't like the new graphics though... But I like new expansions and new rules.  ;D

Offline Christopher

• Count
  • Merit: 12
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »
I've emailed Cundco about buying the Abbot meeple, and they said it would not be sold separately. I imagine they would probably not be very keen on anyone using the spare parts function to buy the Abbot in each colour, either (not that I haven't thought about it). They did however, tell me that the Abbot would be available in other colours (grey and such) come Autumn. I'll be more tempted to buy Carcassonne 2 when I can order the other colours, too.
Look to the north. Keep looking. There's nothing coming from the south.

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »
I've emailed Cundco about buying the Abbot meeple, and they said it would not be sold separately. I imagine they would probably not be very keen on anyone using the spare parts function to buy the Abbot in each colour, either (not that I haven't thought about it). They did however, tell me that the Abbot would be available in other colours (grey and such) come Autumn. I'll be more tempted to buy Carcassonne 2 when I can order the other colours, too.
What a strange and funny situation when one will be able to buy abbots in additional colours, but not in standard ones. XD

By the way: I also ordered abbots from CundCo, but they told me the same. They don't want to sell them separately because they should promote New Carcassonne.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 05:48:47 PM by Safari »
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
exclamation
Completionism Poll #10 - Favouritism Poll #3 : Die Schule

Started by Decar

33 Replies
Last post September 21, 2023, 06:39:35 AM
by Meles
xx
Completionism Poll #7: the City of Carcassonne tile(s) from the Count expansion

Started by jungleboy

14 Replies
Last post September 23, 2023, 04:38:35 PM
by Meles
xx
Carcassonne II opinion poll

Started by jungleboy

87 Replies
Last post February 29, 2016, 06:44:31 AM
by Christopher
clip
Completionism Poll #4: Heretics and Shrines (Cult)

Started by jungleboy

24 Replies
Last post May 08, 2016, 10:04:24 AM
by Decar
xx
Completionist Poll #13 - Die Hard Edition

Started by Decar

20 Replies
Last post October 23, 2017, 06:36:57 AM
by Lord_Wishmaster