Author Topic: Spiderman / Avengers Together At Last  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Spiderman / Avengers Together At Last
« on: February 09, 2015, 11:42:31 PM »
I can't help being über excited that this news just broke:
Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Team Up for Spider-Man

While it means all of Phase 3 is getting a bit of a reshuffle (don't reschedule Inhumans for AFTER Avengers 3, Part 2!), it means that Spider-Man is finally one of the team, which is about freaking time! I mean, seriously, people, this has gone on long enough. I hope they manage to keep the two current Amazing Spider-Man films, even if they weren't stellar. I think they'd fit in well before Avengers, with the second movie's ending taking place after Avengers (he took a five-month spidey break, so maybe he left New York for a while. It could have happened.). That wouldn't really explain where he's been since then, but if they made a Sinister Six movie with him in it, it could partially explain things. Date it to within the timeframe of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase II films and everything works out just fine.

Anyway, anyone else excited about this news? Any MCU fans out there? Speak up!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1520.0

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
Re: Spiderman / Avengers Together At Last
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 01:09:36 PM »
I was also very excited to hear this news.  With only two movies coming out next year, I don't know why they have to push back release dates, but I'm not the one making movies either.  I would like to have seen Andrew Garfield stay in the role because I don't think he was that bad.  But, if they are re-rebooting... I guess then need someone new.  There has been a lot of noise about people wanting them to go with Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker, but I just think you have to "start" with Peter Parker, especially for Civil War.
Flee the fleas.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:36:40 PM »
Am i the only one finding Guardians of the Galaxy dissapointing?

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »
Am i the only one finding Guardians of the Galaxy dissapointing?
Yes.  8)

I was also very excited to hear this news.  With only two movies coming out next year, I don't know why they have to push back release dates, but I'm not the one making movies either.  I would like to have seen Andrew Garfield stay in the role because I don't think he was that bad.  But, if they are re-rebooting... I guess then need someone new.  There has been a lot of noise about people wanting them to go with Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker, but I just think you have to "start" with Peter Parker, especially for Civil War.
I think Mike would be a fun new direction and would definitely add some diversity to the Avengers (apparently time-travelers and pagan gods aren't diverse enough. :P) I wrote elsewhere, though, that the need for a reboot is really unnecessary. Considering the technology in the Marvel universe is slightly ahead of our own, I think it is perfectly reasonable to place the first two Amazing Spider-Man films before The Avengers (retcon them into Phase I) and place the events of Avengers in the five month gap at the end of ASM2 when Spider-Man is in mourning. They could (and should) make an extended edition of both films integrating a lot of the deleted scene materials and also maybe edit just a few inconsistencies, like the news bulletin in the 5-months-after scene. Aunt May could also mention something about Peter being gone during all the action of the past few months, perhaps a reference to Peter visiting Oxford in memory of his girlfriend or something. I've watched both AMS films twice now and I don't see any major contradictions with the MCU otherwise except in this afterward. It would also open up the possibility for a Sinister Six film to help bridge the gap between it and Captain America 3. SHIELD is out of the equation right now anyway, so their interaction is less required. Alternatively, Spidey could have his first in-universe intro in Agents of SHIELD, which could easily retcon the entire existing plot into the MCU.

All ideas, none of which will happen since it sounds like they're rebooting Spider-Man once again, and this time really unnecessarily.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:34:02 PM by whaleyland »

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 09:03:07 AM »
I would love a Spidey intro in AoS!  That would be so cool. 

I heard somewhere that they were supposed to have put Stark/Avengers tower into the skyline of AS2, but didn't think of it until after it rendered.  A friend of mine is a big Marvel fan and he thought AS2 was one of the best Marvel movies yet.  I don't really understand all the bashing.  Anyway, your suggestions would work, and maybe even be made better with a new one-shot, but you're right, it likely won't happen.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Stock Check: All 228 pieces together + putting the excess up for grabs

Started by ooh_jim

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2016, 02:52:20 PM
by What If?
xx
Selling: Spiel 15, 16 and 21 Tiles (together)

Started by danisthirty

6 Replies
Last post January 18, 2022, 09:51:44 AM
by Halfling
xx
Mixing Elements: Which one should definitly (not) be together?

Started by SRBO

10 Replies
Last post November 30, 2014, 10:57:18 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Watchtowers Expansion and Old Carcassonne Together?

Started by ARabidMeerkat

7 Replies
Last post August 10, 2019, 03:51:24 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Winter Carcassonne and the Gingerbread Man Expansion together

Started by Lord_Wishmaster

13 Replies
Last post January 04, 2016, 07:41:27 AM
by danisthirty