Author Topic: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here  (Read 72054 times)

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
Re: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2020, 04:24:24 AM »
I see that Carcassonne93 has already tackled this typo. Thanks for pointing  O0
So Carcassonne93 now has edit access to WikiCarpedia?

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2020, 05:52:37 AM »
Yep!

He asked to join the WICA team! He is doing a great job translating contents to Romanian and proofreading C2 pages as he translates them...

You can see a huge number of additional questions in the Comments section  of the pages he is reviewing too.

If you want to join too, just let me know  ;D
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2020, 04:51:05 PM »
Following the discussion I posted two messages earlier (Reply #59), I prepared the following example:

No matter the "scoring order" defined for the monastery, the city and the road (the latter with different outcomes for the Watchtower scoring per neighboring meeples), the points for all the features closed with this single tile placement will have to be noted on the scoreboard at once, so robbers can properly pick which scoring meeple to steal from.

As you can see, the tallying order will be as follows:
1. Tally the  :pink-meeple: monastery, the  :red-meeple: city (including the watchtower for :red-meeple:) and the :orange-meeple: road (including the watchtower for :orange-meeple: and the tollhouse for :black1-meeple:) in the selected order.
2. The :blue-meeple: castle will be tallied next as its scoring is triggered by the :orange-meeple: road and the :pink-meeple: monastery.
3. The :yellow-meeple: castle will be tallied last as its scoring is triggered by the :blue-meeple: castle, the :red-meeple: city and the :pink-meeple: monastery.

The scoring should take place as follows:
* Step 1A - scoring: note tallied points for :pink-meeple: monastery, :red-meeple: watchtower, :orange-meeple: watchtower, :black1-meeple: tollhouse, :blue-meeple: castle and :yellow-meeple: castle.
* Step 1B - robbers: :blue-meeple: robber and :yellow-meeple: robber steal points from chosen scorings and than they are removed from the scoreboard.
* Step 2: note tallied points for :red-meeple: city and  :orange-meeple: road.

The same logic has to be applied no matter, the scoreboard initial configuration. Here you are another example.

EDIT: Just a reminder - :blue-meeple: robber cannot steal from :blue-meeple: meeple and :yellow-meeple: robber cannot steal from :yellow-meeple: meeple.

These castles can rob from any of these 3 features (the city, the monastery and the road)?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 45,600+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2020, 11:43:27 PM »
The :blue-meeple: castle can recieve points from one of these features: the :orange-meeple: road or the :pink-meeple: monastery.
The :yellow-meeple: castle can receive points from one of these features: the :blue-meeple: castle, the :red-meeple: city or the :pink-meeple: monastery.

The :orange-meeple: road is worth 4 points (4 tiles x 1 point / tile).
The :pink-meeple: monastery is worth 9 points.
The :red-meeple: city (3 tiles x 2 points / tile + 4 points for the bathhouse).

If deciding to score for the most points:
* The :blue-meeple: castle will score for the :pink-meeple: monastery, that is 9 points (instead of 4 points for the :orange-meeple: road).
* The :yellow-meeple: castle will score for the :red-meeple: city, that is 10 points (instead of 4 points for the :orange-meeple: road or 9 points for the :pink-meeple: monastery).

But this decision may change depending on they want to deal with the robbers.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:54:14 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2020, 06:03:23 AM »
That means that in the same turn these 3 castles can score 3 different features?

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2020, 07:36:12 AM »
Yes, but maybe more ;-)
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2020, 03:28:59 PM »
That means that in the same turn these 3 castles can score 3 different features?

The :red-meeple: castle and the :yellow-meeple: castle overlap each other's fief so they will always score the same points for a feature triggering the scoring of any of them.

The :blue-meeple: castle is overlapping the :red-meeple: castle fief but not vice versa. This means that any feature triggering the scoring of the :blue-meeple: castle will trigger the scoring of the :red-meeple: castle and therefore the :yellow-meeple: castle as well. In this case, all the three castles (:blue-meeple:, :red-meeple:, :yellow-meeple:) will score the same points.

However, a feature may trigger the scoring of the :red-meeple: castle and the :yellow-meeple: castle without triggering the scoring of the :blue-meeple: castle, since neither the :red-meeple: castle nor the :yellow-meeple: castle overlap the :blue-meeple: castle fief. In this case, the :blue-meeple: castle may score different points than the :red-meeple: castle and the :yellow-meeple: castles.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
WikiCarpedia to do list
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2020, 04:33:06 AM »
WikiCarpedia to do list:
1. Create "South Seas", "South Seas Base Game", "South Seas Friday", "Amazonas", "Amazonas Base Game", "Amazonas Amazon River Bonus Tiles", "Star Wars", "Star Wars Base Game", "The Castle", "The Castle Base Game", "The Castle Falcon", "The City", "The City Base Game", "The Discovery", "The Discovery Base Game", "My First Carcassonne", "Cardcassonne", "The Dice Game", "Over Hill and Dale", "Over Hill and Dale Base Game".
2. Complete the Glossary page.
3. The "Spin-offs" section from the Main Page can be rearranged:
* [[Winter Edition|Winter Edition]]: [[Winter Edition Base Game|Base Game]], [[Winter Edition The Gingerbread Man|The Gingerbread Man]], [[Winter Edition Die Kornkreise|Crop Circles]]
* [[South Seas|South Seas]]: [[South Seas Base Game|Base Game]], [[South Seas Friday|Friday]]
* [[Gold Rush|Gold Rush]]: [[Gold Rush Base Game|Base Game]], [[Gold Rush The Sheriff|The Sheriff]]
* [[Amazonas|Amazonas]]: [[Amazonas Base Game|Base Game]], [[Amazonas Amazon River Bonus Tiles|Amazon River Bonus Tiles]]
* [[Hunters and Gatherers|Hunters and Gatherers]]: [[Hunters and Gatherers Base Game|Base Game]], [[Hunters and Gatherers Scout|Scout]]
* [[Star Wars|Star Wars]]: [[Star Wars Base Game|Base Game]], [[Star Wars Expansion 1|Expansion 1]]
* [[The Castle|The Castle]]: [[The Castle Base Game|Base Game]], [[The Castle Falcon|Falcon]]
* [[The Ark of the Covenant|The Ark of the Covenant]]: [[The Ark of the Covenant Base Game|Base Game]]
* [[The City|The City]]: [[The City Base Game|Base Game]]
* [[The Discovery|The Discovery]]: [[The Discovery Base Game|Base Game]]
* [[New World|New World]]: [[New World Base Game|Base Game]]
* [[My First Carcassonne|My First Carcassonne]]
* [[Cardcassonne|Cardcassonne]]
* [[The Dice Game|The Dice Game]]
* [[Over Hill and Dale|Over Hill and Dale]]: [[Over Hill and Dale Base Game|Base Game]]
* [[Safari|Safari]]: [[Safari Base Game|Base Game]], [[Spiel Doch Safari Promo|Spiel Doch! Promo 02/2018]]

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
Re: WikiCarpedia to do list
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2020, 05:14:44 AM »
Two more pages needed:

4. Complete the dynamic Tile Reference
5. [[Accessories and Gadgets|Accessories and Gadgets]]

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2020, 02:31:03 PM »
4. Add about the blue bag from the Traders and Builders.

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2020, 04:19:43 AM »
[6.] 4. Add about the blue bag from the Traders and Builders.

This was already requested in the comments section on WICA. It was in my to-do list along with some aesthetic changes to the page.  ;)

7. Add additional info found on this FAQ about the River I and II available on ModernJive:
* http://modernjive.com/carcassonne/carcassonnetheriver.htm

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2020, 04:49:05 AM »
4. Add about the blue bag from the Traders and Builders.

Done! ... along with some improvements in layout and the addition of information in section The Double Turn.

Offline Le Merlin Fou

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • The Calligraph
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2020, 03:37:19 AM »
Could I suggest to continue the French traduction ?

I can read and understand the English part but some of my friends can't ^^

Thank you

(If you want I can take a part of the job but I don't know about programming )

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2020, 04:31:11 AM »
Hi Le Merlin Fou,

If you want to join the team, you are more than welcome.

Black Bear is working on the French translation, so you can team up and organize the work as you please.

No coding involved. The pages use a simple notation all of us had to understand to edit and translate the contents. I can get send you some basic readings so you can see what I am talking about.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:35:58 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Le Merlin Fou

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • The Calligraph
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2020, 05:41:30 AM »
Yes if you could send me this ;)

Ok I'll see with him.

I don't promess I'll work every day but time to time ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:10:40 AM by Le Merlin Fou »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
WikiCarpedia or Wikicarpedia?

Started by NGC 54

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2023, 04:34:20 AM
by Decar
xx
A few suggestions for JCloister

Started by mike_bike_kite

16 Replies
Last post February 11, 2015, 12:29:38 PM
by mike_bike_kite
xx
suggestions pack

Started by forumisto

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 01:06:07 PM
by farin
xx
Traveling to GERMANY-ITALY-BELGIUM-AUSTRIA this spring. Looking for Suggestions.

Started by Bixby

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
by Big Guy
xx
Megacarc suggestions?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
by Dragonlord