Author Topic: Wagons  (Read 11612 times)

Offline Nebus

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
  • Lost in the CarcaZone!
    • View Profile
Wagons
« on: August 10, 2014, 05:15:58 AM »
Hi,

Can someone help me please?

Can a wagon move onto a cloister if the road the wagon is currently on passes over or through the cloister tile even if there is no road leading directly up to the cloister?

(I've tried to include a photo but due to size limitations I can't attached it)

:black-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=945.0

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Wagons
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:29:15 AM »
I don't think so, the wagon may move only on roads , not through fields.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 05:48:30 AM »
If you mean, for example, tile with a road and cloister from Bridges, Castles and Bazaars, then you cannot enter this cloister with a wagon. If the other cloister is connected to that road further, then you can drive through this tile to that other cloister.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 05:57:11 AM »
The Road must connect directly to the feature and not in a passing way. The Road does not have to lead directly to the front door, but it must terminate at the feature (City, Road or Cloister).

In this example, the Wagon could drive to the Cloister from all four Roads (and vice versa), but it could not drive to the City, or from the City to the Road.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Nebus

• Freeman
  • Lost in the CarcaZone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 06:38:33 AM »
Guys...Thank you for your quick replies!

:black-meeple:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:40:41 AM by Nebus »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 02:58:15 PM »
I apologise if this is the same question as Nebus asked, I'm afraid I didn't entirely follow. But in tile AB above (the RRRR tile with cloister), could the wagon go from one of the roads to any other (assuming the road it might be moving to is unclaimed and incomplete) if the road it is currently on is joined to this tile and gets completed?

Gerry

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »
Since all of the roads terminate at the cloister (as I read it) then the wagon could only move to the cloister and if the cloister were later completed then it could move to one of the uncompleted roads. 

Gerry

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 04:23:03 PM »
and I have just worked out that

knightmayor  =  Nightmare    LOL

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »
...in tile AB above (the RRRR tile with cloister), could the wagon go from one of the roads to any other ...?

No. The Wagon has to stop at the first feature, if it is available - that is incomplete and unoccupied. If the feature does not fit that condition the Wagon cannot go there. It cannot skip over a feature to get to another.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:01 AM »
Thanks for the clarification. I suspected that this would be the case but wasn't 100% certain as the wagon has always confused me.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
Another question about wagons. If the feature that a wagon is on is completed can the wagon move to another feature that has also been completed by the same tulle and then move to a third feature all in the same go? For example, a wagon its on a road and you draw a T junction. This completes the road where your wagon is and by placing it you also complete another of the roads coming from the T, can you move your wagon to this second road and claim the points. And only then move to the other road which is not completed and is unclaimed. If this permissible?
Just lay the damn tile!

Gerry

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 03:20:35 PM »
Another question about wagons. If the feature that a wagon is on is completed can the wagon move to another feature that has also been completed by the same tulle and then move to a third feature all in the same go? For example, a wagon its on a road and you draw a T junction. This completes the road where your wagon is and by placing it you also complete another of the roads coming from the T, can you move your wagon to this second road and claim the points. And only then move to the other road which is not completed and is unclaimed. If this permissible?

From the CAR page 76

The feature into which the wagon is moved must be incomplete and unoccupied.

You would not be able to move your wagon to the second road as it was (just) completed before you can make the move.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »

From the CAR page 76

The feature into which the wagon is moved must be incomplete and unoccupied.

You would not be able to move your wagon to the second road as it was (just) completed before you can make the move.

Correct. And the Wagon moves only after the Scoring phase.

Offline frankdux

• Freeman
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 11:25:23 AM »

My group plays very large games and we prefer the fan-made variant where upon completing a feature containing the wagon, the wagon can then travel via connected, already completed roads, to connected, uncompleted, unoccupied features.

So basically the same as the official rules except that you can now travel on a completed road if it is connected and inbetween your just completed feature and an incomplete, unoccupied feature. We found that this makes the wagon much more useful and purposeful. Also, it breathes some life into the already completed portions of the gameboard.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Clarification of rules (Castles, wagons and abbeys) - with HiG - 01 02 2021

Started by Meepledrone

9 Replies
Last post February 24, 2021, 12:26:49 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Moving the fairy (castles and wagons)

Started by NGC 54

12 Replies
Last post February 19, 2024, 12:58:40 PM