Author Topic: My last game on JCZ  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
My last game on JCZ
« on: February 28, 2015, 05:01:02 PM »
Hey guys,

Some of you mentioned, that the love to see pictures of Carcassonne games, so I thought you would like to have look onto my last game on JCZ.
We added quite a bunch of expansions (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and several minis = 220 tiles) and it took us three hours to play the game. Quite exhausting since our standard games only take one and a half or two hours. :D Enjoy:

First we started developing the cities on the left side (the one with the cathedral and the ones with the crop cycle enclosed) and thus created quite a big hole surrounded by the river. Very fast I realised that this hole would have a big potential for two enormous meadows (together with the one on the other side of the river), so I always focused on extending them.
The plan was to create one big mega meadow, but in the second half of the game my plans where completely interrupted by my friend, who placed his barn and stole one of the meadows. And the worst thing of it was that he didn't even do it intentionally! He only placed his barn down right because JCZ "suggested" him the possibility of placing a barn, without even knowing that he'd steal a meadow worth 50 points. Lucky him.  ::)

Meanwhile, I've already started building the district down left, with the big, odd looking 23 tile city (and thanks to my castle gained astonishing 108 points) and charly30 realised, that he wouldn't have any chance to win the game if he didn't get the King and the Robber Baron, so he started constructing the road in the corner down right (unfortunately for him I could manage to put the last tile, so no Robber Baron for him) and the two snake shaped cities top right.
Speaking in points I was 200 points ahead, so leaned back a bit and focused on filling up some of the many many holes that we had created (don't ask my why, but I really hate holes when playing Carcassonne and always have the urge to fill one up if the tile fits good there, even if it doesn't serve me that way) and tried to enlarge my meadow along the city district down in the middle (the other one was already robbed). But I only went on until I realised, that all this would only be worth another two cities, so I stopped half way through. The result is the hole down in the middle.

After that I also started building a bigger city again, the one in the middle on the far right side. I was very lucky, since I could manage to complete the city in one of my last turns, what gave me astonishing 80 points (again I cleverly placed a castle). Lucky, because during the game Charly30 could place 5 very valuable abbots (unfortunately one of them was gulped by the dragon while investigating the giant bridge that was built over his monastery some turns earlier and stole him all the sun shine that he needed for his garden) and therefore caught up really well. Finishing that big city, along with finishing charly30's longest road (and thus not loosing the Robber Baron) made me win the game. Else I would have "lost" about 130 points and he would have gained 50, what would have made him win. So in the end it were only two tiles that made me win that game.  :@

Highlights of the game:
 :(y) a really beautiful river that loops through the center of the table.
 :(y) a huge (blue) meadow, that builds a big upside down U.
 :(y) a monastery that has it's own medieval racecourse (down right).

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1572.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:10:59 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Link fixed »
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: My last game on JCZ
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:01:50 AM »
What an epic game! :(y)
Merit for the detailed report!
a monastery that has it's own medieval racecourse (down right)
That was good one! Just imagine: medieval F1 race on wagons ;D
I prefer not to use King and Robber Baron in such big games - they become unbalanced because of very big impact of these.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
beautiful game¡¡¡
this is the ferrari of carcassonne

lol

:meeple:
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:44:16 PM »
Just a little friendly I&C only, rfielder and me did, and I thought would be worth posting.

Till closed to the end, he seemed to have quite an advantage, thanks to his 30 points cathedral city, although I was in the lead on the big field. Then closed to the end I managed to finish a 24 points road with inn to the left and thought to have made rfielders mini farmer worth only 3 points by throwing a cathedral on his big guy and putting the CCRR so that, two cities are likely to be joined, but he closed this city on his last tile, giving him 3 extra points to the farm and a 10 point city.

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »
Nice game! I really like your roads. You built up a very nice road network. Not like all the choppy 2 or 3 tile roads that lead from somewhere to nowhere in our games. :D

Still, you ended up in a tie! How funny. :) Good played, both of you!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
JCZ Game Hosting Issue

Started by rfielder

0 Replies
Last post March 08, 2015, 07:44:00 AM
by rfielder
clip
JCZ 3.1.1 Online Game Error Report

Started by rfielder

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 05:24:46 PM