Author Topic: If you would use doubles..  (Read 5949 times)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
If you would use doubles..
« on: August 02, 2014, 02:51:02 AM »
So, I was wondering, if you would use a original (mini)expansion or the base game twice. which one would you add multiple times and why?

I want to expand my collection, but i don't know where to start:)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=928.0

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Re: If you would use doubles..
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 03:02:09 AM »
I suppose the question is, which expansion do you like so much you want more of them.  :meeple:

In my case, for example, I am buying left and right as long as there are tiles in the expansion / base games.
 One of the partial goals I have is to acquire six copies of the more common expansions.

One fun expansion to have more of is the Dragon. We played a megaCarc game and it was difficult to get any points because the dragon (only one used but 3x the amount of Dragon tiles) flew literally everywhere burning the poor followers left and right.  >:D
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:19:19 AM »
I suppose the question is, which expansion do you like so much you want more of them.  :meeple:

Haha yes indeed

One fun expansion to have more of is the Dragon. We played a megaCarc game and it was difficult to get any points because the dragon (only one used but 3x the amount of Dragon tiles) flew literally everywhere burning the poor followers left and right.  >:D

personally i like the dragon but it kind of makes the game slower. it are awesoe mechanics though.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »
For me it would be Traders & Builders as I like the tile configurations and there's a good number of them too (24). Plus I think including this expansion twice could make the battles for trade goods really interesting. Not sure whether allowing players to have two pigs and builders each would be a good idea but it's easy enough to not use the extra wood.

The other I'd consider is Mage & Witch. It's only 8 tiles so it wouldn't make a huge difference to the total tile count but I like the effect that these have and would be interested to see how a game played with twice as many of them.

An expansion I'd never include more than once is The Tower. Not if I wanted to get any points anyway!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
how many mazes would be fun to use in a regular game of 1.5-2.5 hours

Started by avantar

5 Replies
Last post September 26, 2016, 11:34:35 AM
by Valheru
xx
megacarcassonne : which doubles should i take?

Started by SRBO

6 Replies
Last post December 05, 2014, 09:14:57 PM
by Darwin
xx
Have some doubles - WTT/WTS

Started by Sinscerly

0 Replies
Last post September 13, 2018, 10:31:18 AM
by Sinscerly
clip
How much extra would you pay for something still in shrink wrap?

Started by unclewill

8 Replies
Last post July 25, 2021, 03:23:28 PM
by DIN0
xx
What would you consider the best expansion tiles? Specifically the tiles.

Started by Clarky

9 Replies
Last post February 15, 2018, 06:12:22 AM
by danisthirty