Author Topic: Carcassonne Central Expansion League #1: Traders & Builders  (Read 22544 times)

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central Expansion League #1: Traders & Builders
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
I'm in! ;D

Offline CarcinFool

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • I enjoy a good game o' Carc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 01:17:10 PM »
Ok thx for the reply. Unfortunately I'm probably not able to commit to the time required. Have a good tourney!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 03:58:50 AM »
I've had a few messages regarding various things that I haven't made clear so here are some clarifications:

- Games played will be synchronous (i.e. you and your opponent will both be sitting at a computer, playing each other in real time). Naturally we all prefer to play in person, but flying everyone around the world to play each other was deemed to be financially problematic so playing online is the next best thing.

- Individual competitors do not need to be able to host JCloisterZone games on their own computers. Farin (the author of JCloisterZone who is also taking part in the competition) is working on a dedicated host server which we will hopefully be able to use for future competitions and possibly even this one depending on how far along he is with it. But for the time being, if neither you nor your opponent can host then a third-party host will be arranged for you by your group administrator.

- Unlike the last league, there will be no “rounds” specifying who your next opponent should be. You need to play everyone in your group, but arranging those matches at a mutually agreeable time will be up to you so you can choose to face your fellow league members in whichever order you choose.

- Hopefully this won’t be the case, but if a game crashes and cannot be continued, the host of the game should attempt to save it, quit and restart JCloisterZone, load the saved game and then let the other player connect. Please repeat this if the first attempt fails to reload the game, before contacting your group administrator if the second attempt also fails. In the event that the game crashes at quite an early stage or no clear winner has been established, you may also restart your game if it can’t be reloaded as long as both players are in agreement over this.

- If anybody drops out of the competition, the results of all games played against that person will be removed from the overall standings. This could be bad news for you if it robs you of a good win, or good news if it removes all trace of a bad loss, but ultimately it’s bad news for the competition as a whole as we want everyone to stay in until the end.

- Traders & Builders may seem like a strange choice since this is the first of the 2015 “Expansion League” series and T & B is the 2nd large expansion. However, Inns & Cathedrals was used extensively (in the group stage) of last year’s World Cup of Carcassonne Central, hence why I chose to start this year with Traders & Builders.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 03:59:31 AM »
I'm in! ;D

:)

Ok thx for the reply. Unfortunately I'm probably not able to commit to the time required. Have a good tourney!

:( maybe next time...

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
Bumping this thread. Tomorrow is the last day to register for the league!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2015, 04:12:31 AM »
This topic is now locked!

The following members are taking part:

- danisthirty
- jungleboy
- Decar
- Yellow
- quevy
- MrNumbers
- SRBO
- Andrew the Ambo
- Rosco
- Hounk
- farin
- Jéré
- Carcking
- B1nder
- Yall
- ny1050220
- zone2

I will create a new post within the CarcCentral Caracassonne League/ Carcassonne Central League forum (and probably rename it too) with details of groups and officially start the tournament. This will be within the next couple of days so stay tuned!  :)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 05:45:28 AM »
Gentlemen... Start your engine (engine in computer terms means a system, i.e. a computer or a TV game console).

:meeple:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:48:05 AM by Yellow »
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »
Is there an odd number of players then?
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »
Is there an odd number of players then?

Looks like it. Trying to find an 18th player just to make the two groups even...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 05:50:05 AM »
Hello again.

This topic has now been unlocked as we only have 17 players and it's proving difficult to arrange the groups evenly with an odd number of players.  ::)

So, if you haven't signed up yet but would be interested in playing a few (9) games of Carcassonne against your fellow forum members over the next 3 or 4 weeks then please sign up by posting a reply in this thread. As long as you've got a PC or a Mac you should be able to install Java and run JCloisterZone. It doesn't cost anything, and it's lots of fun. Do it.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 06:18:15 AM »
Won't want to discourage an 18th player, would be great, if one is showing up. But in case not, would it be such a big problem, if we would play in two groups, one with 8, one with 9 players? The last one in the bigger group (who could likely be me) would get at least 8 games out of the tournament, the others could then proceed with an 1/8 final (first of one group against eight of the other) and so on, or the first four of each group go straight to the quarterfinal, the places 9, 11, 13 and 15 are done by games of equal places in the two groups. Just a suggestion, how different rounds of the league could be handled more or less equal, no matter how many players attend the round.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 06:27:43 AM »
Won't want to discourage an 18th player, would be great, if one is showing up. But in case not, would it be such a big problem, if we would play in two groups, one with 8, one with 9 players? The last one in the bigger group (who could likely be me) would get at least 8 games out of the tournament, the others could then proceed with an 1/8 final (first of one group against eight of the other) and so on, or the first four of each group go straight to the quarterfinal, the places 9, 11, 13 and 15 are done by games of equal places in the two groups. Just a suggestion, how different rounds of the league could be handled more or less equal, no matter how many players attend the round.

Yes this is all true and will likely be applied once everyone has played against everyone else (exact details are currently being discussed). It just seems a shame that a single player should be eliminated from any additional play if it could otherwise have been avoided.

If there are no responses by tomorrow morning (my time) then we will proceed with 17.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »
I just can't help joining in. I have not much spare-time these days but never mind. I'm in!  :D

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 12:09:04 AM »
Great news Leven! We appreciate the time you're investing;  I'll make sure every move I play is calculated if/when we play  O:-)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 01:15:37 AM »
Welcome on board Leven! Thanks for taking part...  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Traders & Builders League

Started by danisthirty

29 Replies
Last post January 21, 2015, 12:44:26 PM
by danisthirty
xx
The Festival & Traders & builders

Started by aenima

2 Replies
Last post December 23, 2018, 02:35:27 PM