Author Topic: Carcassonne Minis League: Wizards  (Read 22848 times)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
Carcassonne Minis League: Wizards
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 04:23:17 AM »
Hello ArabidMeerkat,

I haven't received a message from you yet. I am very flexible these days as I am on holidays. I can play from 13:00 UK time till 4:00am UK time until the end of the month.

Please send me a pm to arrange our game. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:01:18 AM by Jéré »

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Minis League: Wizards
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »
Myself and TheSteveAllen have arranged our game for this Friday at 8:30pm. No idea what sort of game I am getting into, bearing in mind this will be my first ever CML game!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:18:49 AM by ARabidMeerkat »
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2017, 06:10:21 AM »
ARabidMeerkat  :red-meeple: 132
Jéré  :yellow-meeple: 202

What a game that was! For my first ever game against a real player on JCZ, that was very close until the end.

Jéré managed to get a sneaky CFCF tile which opened up my top farm, giving Jéré an extra 39 points, as well as the 11 gold pieces collected.

Good game!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:11:57 AM by ARabidMeerkat »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2017, 08:34:58 AM »
Welcome to the competition ARabidMeerkat! And congrats in your win Jere. This is certainly turning out to be a very exciting group with so much still up for grabs!

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2017, 01:41:11 PM »
I've just finished one of the most enjoyable an friendly games of Carcassonne that I have every played since joining Carcassonne Central.

Not only did the tiles come out fairly and evenly distributed, but we both had our share of good and bad luck in equal proportions. One fly in the ointment was the fact that I managed to place the Mage in his large city for a while, when I was trying to place the witch but, to my opponent's credit, help helped me back in return by assisting the closure of one of my cloisters.

The strange thing about this game was that the two farm crop circles came out very early, and this, combined with a bit of viscious blocking by myself, resulted in a game that was not all about the farms (or indeed, the gold), but was about all aspects of Carcassonne in equal proportion.

The result was:-

TheSteveAllen  :yellow-meeple: 149 v ARabidMeerkat  :red-meeple: 123

I think that this result almost guarantees a top spot for Jere, but I will be interested to see how Adrornalin gets on in his final games.

Once again, thanks for the game Will. I really wish you the best of luck against the others, especially against my old friend Adror.  >:D

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:34:46 PM by TheSteveAllen »

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2017, 01:45:56 PM »
That was an awesome game! I would recommend TheSteveAllen for matches for anyone wanting a good and friendly opponent!

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
That was an awesome game! I would recommend TheSteveAllen for matches for anyone wanting a good and friendly opponent!

Thank you kind sir! +1 merit from me for your vote of confidence. Appreciated!  :(y)

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2017, 01:04:27 AM »
the group is speeding up I see. arabidmeerkat and i have our game today 9pm uk time. I think this is my last game in group stage. afair, I have played jma couple of weeks ago, and I lost. but he still has to post the results. thats why I am meanwhile wondering has this game really took place or not. or he posted it and i oversaw and mrnumbers as well in the group standings.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 02:42:55 AM »
the group is speeding up I see. arabidmeerkat and i have our game today 9pm uk time. I think this is my last game in group stage. afair, I have played jma couple of weeks ago, and I lost. but he still has to post the results. thats why I am meanwhile wondering has this game really took place or not. or he posted it and i oversaw and mrnumbers as well in the group standings.

The best of luck to both of you in tonight's match. I will be watching Sky news tonight to see how you both got on!!

Congratulations, too, to Jere for winning this group where the results have been more than a little unpredictable. With 3 games to go, there are still 4 places which are undetermined. I wish that the Scottish Premiership was as unpredictable. They might see attendances at matches improve if they were.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2017, 03:19:43 AM »
I wish that the Scottish Premiership was as unpredictable.

;D  ;D  Same here for the Bundesliga. We should watch the Premier League.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2017, 11:37:03 AM »
ARabidMeerkat  :red-meeple: 132
Jéré  :yellow-meeple: 202

What a game that was! For my first ever game against a real player on JCZ, that was very close until the end.

Jéré managed to get a sneaky CFCF tile which opened up my top farm, giving Jéré an extra 39 points, as well as the 11 gold pieces collected.

Good game!

Indeed, it was a great game. Definitely got lucky with the gold!! It was a close game overall, much closer than the final score indicates! Connecting the fields towards the end was the killer move. I think for the very first time of my life I got the last Mage&Witch tile, which normally gives an enormous advantage but I did not manage to steal the big incomplete city so it was not worth placing the Mage there.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »

Congratulations, too, to Jere for winning this group where the results have been more than a little unpredictable. With 3 games to go, there are still 4 places which are undetermined. I wish that the Scottish Premiership was as unpredictable. They might see attendances at matches improve if they were.

Many thanks!  :)

afair, I have played jma couple of weeks ago, and I lost. but he still has to post the results. thats why I am meanwhile wondering has this game really took place or not. or he posted it and i oversaw and mrnumbers as well in the group standings.

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2017, 01:45:44 PM »
Hello all again!

Adrornalin 211  :yellow-meeple:
Me 72  :red-meeple:

Very bad game for me! I played my meeples all too early and ended up having all of them trapped by the end (only managed to free two due to Crop Circles).

A very well played game by Adrornalin!

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
thanks for playing and for posting the screen!  :)
for next games, try to save some meeples, dont put them in too risky places too soon, especially not on cloisters in games with expansions. I gave some space to rescue your meeples but after couple of turns I couldnt resist anymore trapping them ;)
the more you play, the better you get, I wish you good luck and lot of fun playing carc!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »

Adror, I would need the date the game was played. Do you have this info? Score is nice to have too, but not required for Elo. Thanks!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Minis League: Fliers

Started by MrNumbers

74 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 02:22:59 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Expansion League #7: Carcassonne Minis - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by MrNumbers

63 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 11:19:32 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Minis League: Goldminers

Started by MrNumbers

39 Replies
Last post September 25, 2017, 11:10:27 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Minis League: Final round