Author Topic: The Peasant Revolts interactions with other expansions  (Read 6057 times)

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: New mini expansion Carcassonne - The Peasant Revolts on cundco.de
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 06:49:29 AM »
Really? I don't see any real similarities.

Offline Carcassonne0123

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 09:15:02 AM »
For me it’s similar as they both involve taking off meeples from specific features. With Crop Circles you either put of take off a meeple. With this you either protect or take off a meeple

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 09:43:44 AM »
Well. I see big different between crop circles and peasent revolts.
1. In peasant revold you have removed all of your unprotected meeples when you get it's tile +- it's destructive because you use your earned points for protection of possible thread
2. In crop circles you can choose scenario in which you can benefit - you can add meeple to board and support your existing meeples or you can remove meeples from board, which can be also benefit, for example non scoring farmer from big field where you don't have majority and you can earn with them points on upcoming finished features.

I think this new expansion will be one of most non played mini expansion in our collections ;-(
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 10:01:34 AM »
Two questions about the order of play. I know there isn't gonna be any official clarification, but what do you think?

Really?   ;) ;) ;)

When should the revolt take place when combined with the wheel of fortune, directly before or directly after the WoF action ?

Since this action happens after drawing a tile but before placing it, this means it happens in Step 1B, along with the actions of The Wheel of Fortune... So both of them belong to the same round of scoring at the end of this step.

Note: I'm about to update the Order of Play to include this and the PnP expanions...

Also, when combined with the plague, I guess we may place a flea token before the revolt? In some scenarios, that could remove our only unprotected meeple to make the revolt pass on to the next player   >:D

Yes, you spread the plague once during your turn... You may decide when.

The issue here is that there is no clear granularity of the individual actions in the steps, so there is no rule to prevent you from doing the following:
- Place tile in front of you...
- (Inner mental process: You spot your only unprotected meeple affected by the revolt and you decide to sacrifice it to the plague for the common good... Ahem!...in order to pass the revolt to the next player)  >:D
- You place a flea token and remove your unprotected meeple, since The Plague allows you to choose when (living on the edge)
- You score for your meeples now all protected from the current revolt
- You pass the revolt to the next player...  O:-)
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 10:54:03 AM »
1. In peasant revold you have removed all of your unprotected meeples when you get it's tile +- it's destructive because you use your earned points for protection of possible thread
2. In crop circles you can choose scenario in which you can benefit - you can add meeple to board and support your existing meeples or you can remove meeples from board, which can be also benefit, for example non scoring farmer from big field where you don't have majority and you can earn with them points on upcoming finished features.

I think this new expansion will be one of most non played mini expansion in our collections ;-(

And another major difference is that crop circles affects every player, a revolt may affect only some of the players.

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 11:25:11 AM »

And another major difference is that crop circles affects every player, a revolt may affect only some of the players.

Indeed, problem of revolt is that it affect only your meeples, so you need protect yourselft agains your bad choise of catch tile from stack.
I forgot mention this.

Well. I think that this need to create fan expansion as opposite for this. For example create some fan Land surveors stack for some situations which affect some minis.

Offline DIN0

• Viscount
  • Merit: 37
  • Carcassonne is only complete with 11th expansion:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 11:30:16 AM »

Yes, it is for these reasons I think they are vastly different.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »
Oh, I forgot one: Can we protect a phantom, when placing it (4 points) and / or during a following turn (2 points)?

I don't know when placing it, but I'd suggest it's possible in a following turn (2 points).

The rules do not limit the number of meeples you may protect during the placement of a tile for 4 points each. So you could protect a wooden meeple and your phantom...

Additionally, each time you do not place a meeple, you can protect a meeple already placed (in a previous turn). In the great scheme of things this means:
* Step 2B-1: If you do not place a meeple or perform any other action part of this step, you may protect a meeple.
* Step 2B-2: If your phantom is in your supply and you decide not to place it, you may protect a meeple.

Additionally, each time you do not place a meeple in Step 2B-1, you can protect a meeple already placed (in a previous turn). In the great scheme of things this means:
* Step 2B-1: If you do not place a meeple or perform any other action part of this step, you may protect a meeple.
* Step 2B-2: Even if your phantom is in your supply and you decide not to place it, you may not protect a meeple.

Both steps should be skipped if you removed a knight with a princess tile.

So cool!

EDIT: Correction dur to a later post.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 06:45:22 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2020, 11:47:13 AM »
Anyway. I have question.
I know that 99,9999999% this situation will never come, but what if I get Revolt tile during game and I will not able to use this tile - due to not allowed place for this tile.
By basic rules, this tile is removed from game and I get another tile.
Will revolt run?
Absolutely. The revolt happens before tile placement.

Haha, on WiCa footnote #1 is solving this ;-)

Ha ha ha! Enjoying already my preparatory work for the Order of Play?  ;)

This was simple, since WoF sets a precedent in this case  :(y) :(y)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2020, 12:14:36 PM »
When should the revolt take place when combined with the wheel of fortune, directly before or directly after the WoF action ?

Since this action happens after drawing a tile but before placing it, this means it happens in Step 1B, along with the actions of The Wheel of Fortune... So both of them belong to the same round of scoring at the end of this step.

Note: I'm about to update the Order of Play to include this and the PnP expanions...

Right. I don't know how I ended up thinking "which action has to be made first ?"... But it's not possible to get both a WoF and a revolt on the same turn, so it doesn't matter !  ;D

Also, when combined with the plague, I guess we may place a flea token before the revolt? In some scenarios, that could remove our only unprotected meeple to make the revolt pass on to the next player   >:D

Yes, you spread the plague once during your turn... You may decide when.

The issue here is that there is no clear granularity of the individual actions in the steps, so there is no rule to prevent you from doing the following:
- Place tile in front of you...
- (Inner mental process: You spot your only unprotected meeple affected by the revolt and you decide to sacrifice it to the plague for the common good... Ahem!...in order to pass the revolt to the next player)  >:D
- You place a flea token and remove your unprotected meeple, since The Plague allows you to choose when (living on the edge)
- You score for your meeples now all protected from the current revolt
- You pass the revolt to the next player...  O:-)

That's awesome !  >:D >:D >:D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2020, 12:34:09 PM »
I see you love to wreak havoc in your games....  >:D

Offline Gagoune

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
  • To place or not to place...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2020, 01:14:50 PM »
Strange...  :o
I thought that, in the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13 was about Love...  ::)
I'll have to re-read it, don't you think @Corinthiens13 ?  O:-) ;D ;)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2020, 01:18:42 PM »
I see you love to wreak havoc in your games....  >:D

I do, but I have to be careful when playing with my wife, or I may end up sleeping on the street  ;D

Strange...  :o
I thought that, in the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13 was about Love...  ::)
I'll have to re-read it, don't you think @Corinthiens13 ?  O:-) ;D ;)

That's loving havoc  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2020, 11:54:07 PM »
Oh, I forgot one: Can we protect a phantom, when placing it (4 points) and / or during a following turn (2 points)?

I don't know when placing it, but I'd suggest it's possible in a following turn (2 points).

The rules do not limit the number of meeples you may protect during the placement of a tile for 4 points each. So you could protect a wooden meeple and your phantom...

Additionally, each time you do not place a meeple, you can protect a meeple already placed (in a previous turn). In the great scheme of things this means:
* Step 2B-2: If your phantom is in your supply and you decide not to place it, you may protect a meeple.

Both steps should be skipped if you removed a knight with a princess tile.

So cool!

This doesn't feel right. I am very sure that this is not reflecting the "intended use" which you always like to mention  :D

In my opinion, protecting a meeple placed in a previous turn is just another Move the Wood option like e.g. building another tower piece, placing the fairy next to one of your meeples, placing a meeple on one of the WoF spots, etc. The principle is always the same: If you decide not to place a meeple, you can do one of those mentioned actions instead.
However, none of those mentioned actions can be chosen as a substitute for the phantom in Step 2B-2 if you still have the phantom in your supply and decide not to place it. So, to conclude, you cannot protect a meeple in your second phantom turn (Step 2B-2).

Online Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 01:32:32 AM »

In my opinion, protecting a meeple placed in a previous turn is just another Move the Wood option like e.g. building another tower piece, placing the fairy next to one of your meeples, placing a meeple on one of the WoF spots, etc. The principle is always the same: If you decide not to place a meeple, you can do one of those mentioned actions instead.
However, none of those mentioned actions can be chosen as a substitute for the phantom in Step 2B-2 if you still have the phantom in your supply and decide not to place it. So, to conclude, you cannot protect a meeple in your second phantom turn (Step 2B-2).

I'm understand @Meepledrone's solution. His solution is simillar to Flying machine or Magic portal. When not used in Step 2B-1 you can youse it in Step 2B-2 with Phantom.
Also understand @Vital Pluymers' solution. Whis is looking to rules more strict where Place Wood phase is not Place Phantom phase ;-)

1st BUT:
When you have phantom in you supply, you can do with them anything you can in Phase 2B-1 but only on different feature and/or role used in Phase2B-1. So when you didn't use protect any meeple on board in Phase 2B-1 you can do this in Phase 2B-2 if you have Phantom in your supply.

2nd BUT:
I'm not not sure, but If you get Festival tile, and you don't remove meeple from board to your supply in Phase 2B-1, and you can not use Festival feature to remove meeple in Phase 2B-2 even you have Phantom in your supply.

So I will use Festival similarity, which is the same type of tile - symbol represent action.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Clarification of rules (abbot, Spiel tiles, peasant revolts) - with HiG - 24 11 2020

Started by Meepledrone

23 Replies
Last post January 05, 2021, 11:01:36 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
Clarification of rules (peasant revolts - part 2) - with HiG - 12 01 2021

Started by Meepledrone

17 Replies
Last post January 27, 2021, 04:31:35 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Barbarian Report: Revolting Peasants and Reclining Meeples (Peasant Revolts)

Started by Whaleyland

1 Replies
Last post December 18, 2021, 01:47:26 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Peasant Revolts expansion

Started by Finstochian

9 Replies
Last post December 05, 2020, 11:49:44 PM
by Vital Pluymers
xx
New mini expansion Carcassonne - The Peasant Revolts on cundco.de