Author Topic: Printing Fan Expansions  (Read 2741 times)

Offline edarling

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • Working towards completion
    • View Profile
Printing Fan Expansions
« on: September 25, 2019, 03:24:38 PM »
Hello,

This is my second post to CarcassonneCentral. I've been into Carcassonne for a few years now, but now that I have moved into a bigger place, I've gotten more focused on expanding my collection. I posted earlier about some components I am still missing, but I also was wondering about the fan expansions.

I have a couple of questions. I know that we can not sell/buy fan expansions, but are we also not allowed to pay someone to make fan expansions for us? I bought some of the blank tiles, and tried printing my own, but they don't look good. I really want my fan expansions to look as close to the real thing as possible, but I am having trouble, and would prefer if someone experienced could do it for me?

Or if that is not an option, is there a step by step tutorial for making my own tiles as realistic as possible? I've seen some DIY how-to posts on CarcassonneCentral, but haven't seen a main post that seems to be regarded as the central go-to in terms of steps.

Another issue I am facing is the Falcon expansion for The Castle spin-off game. This is an even bigger challenge given the unique puzzle shape. Does anyone know how I can make these/have these made?

Thanks for your help!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4383.0

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
Re: Printing Fan Expansions
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 01:42:58 AM »
Hi I cannot help you for printing tiles for you, as I(we) don't really do that. (also copyright and stuff like that)

What I can only say to you, have you checked the crafters Guild section? All about printing and making stuff your own, also in the download section you can find a lot of fan expansions.
To start with tile printing look to this thread: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=31.0.

I do it with a4 paper that has glue on the back and put it on the tiles then and cut it accordingly. It's not the best but it works and I'm happy with it ;) Some print it directly but I haven't tried that out yet.
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Printing Fan Expansions
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 12:02:33 AM »
Hi edarling!

I normally used the same approach as Sincerly but DrMeeple and I made an attempt at printing directly on 12-tile sheets at a print shop that can handle printing on flat surfaces. The results were amazing but it requires some Photoshop skills to arrange the tiles properly.

Here you can see the topic describing the experience:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4380.0

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 04:24:39 PM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Need advice for printing fan made expansions, and which are the best?

Started by Poron90

14 Replies
Last post June 29, 2015, 12:36:40 PM
by lomdr
xx
Printing and trimming Carcassonne fan-expansion tiles

Started by PapaGeek

0 Replies
Last post August 02, 2023, 07:11:00 AM
by PapaGeek
xx
Printing expansions

Started by Joansinmiedo

4 Replies
Last post July 06, 2015, 11:07:13 AM
by mas9dj
xx
Printing and binding all rules

Started by tiko013

12 Replies
Last post March 10, 2021, 02:06:44 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Why aren’t the rule verified before printing?

Started by PapaGeek

4 Replies
Last post February 27, 2022, 02:17:29 PM
by kettlefish