Author Topic: Carcassonne in South America - Let's play!  (Read 4438 times)

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
Carcassonne in South America - Let's play!
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:53:20 PM »
Hello all!

Recently my girlfriend and I began a 1-year+++ adventure to South America.  We are currently in Bogotá, Colombia and will be spending a year, possibly longer, traveling around the South American continent.  Are there any Carc Central members residing in, or planning to visit, South America that might like to arrange a meeting for a game or several?  We will be in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Uruguay.  The larger cities we will be hitting will be Bogotá, Quito, Cuenca, Lima, Cusco, La Paz, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Santiago and Valparaiso.  Hopefully we can meet up with some of you for a game. 

We are also working on a travel blog.  Check out sakandjac.com to follow us around South America.

Kind regards,

Joe  :green-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3784.0
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:30:07 PM by JoeSesquipedalian, Reason: Added URL for travel blog site »
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Carcassonne in South America - Let's play!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »
That will be an incredible journey! Good luck and I hope you get to play a game or two of Carcassonne along the way.  :green-meeple:

Meanwhile, I have been to all those countries so let me know if you need any tips. And I might be in the neighborhood from Sep-Dec (Bolivia-Paraguay-Brazil), so if you're still on the continent then, our paths may cross.

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:07:16 PM »
That will be an incredible journey! Good luck and I hope you get to play a game or two of Carcassonne along the way.  :green-meeple:

Meanwhile, I have been to all those countries so let me know if you need any tips. And I might be in the neighborhood from Sep-Dec (Bolivia-Paraguay-Brazil), so if you're still on the continent then, our paths may cross.

Thanks Jungleboy!  It sure will be quite an adventure!  We are very much enjoying Bogotá right now; we have been for about 10 days so far.  Not sure if we'll be in the same places at the same times since our plan is to be in Bolivia around July-Aug, but that is still a long ways away so things may change.

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:52:27 PM »
I'm from Santiago, Chile  ;D

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 04:12:42 AM »
That sounds amazing!   How does one take a year long vacation?  I can pull off 2 weeks tops. 

Speaking of South America.  It is hard enough for me to get down there while playing Pandemic.  If Xander would cover his mouth when he sneezed, Santiago would be still standing.   Just kidding!  Santiago has never been a problem for us.  It is always Buenos Aires or Lima. 

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 07:30:51 AM »
That sounds amazing!   How does one take a year long vacation?  I can pull off 2 weeks tops. 

Speaking of South America.  It is hard enough for me to get down there while playing Pandemic.  If Xander would cover his mouth when he sneezed, Santiago would be still standing.   Just kidding!  Santiago has never been a problem for us.  It is always Buenos Aires or Lima.

I'm still waiting for the State of Emergency expansion ;_; yes i love pandemic and i get the reference <3

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
Safe and happy travels to you and your girlfriend JoeSesquipedalian! :(y)

I can't see any harm in you including the URL of your blog somewhere on this thread. It's not like you've only joined up so you can post a link to your online pharmacy so that we can all get up to 80% discounts on all favourite drug brands! is it now?

Speaking of which, I am senior attourney for my deceased client Mr Nakawagska Gwang-akubar Snr who sadly was deceased recently in last days. For now I must write to informing you hencewith that as consequence of this you will stand to inherit his many fortune of US 4.32 million dollar, upon receipt of you handling fee payment to my firm of the sum of $18,006 for to ensure safety in deliverance of this sum upon receipt to you.

This aside, please feel free to share the URL for your blog! C:-)

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:15:14 AM »
HEY now. >:(  I'm first in line on the Nakawagska fortune. Already transferred my bank info, so don't anybody be thinking about jumping this claim on me.

I will, however, be happy to read Joe's blog. Never got much further south than Taxco (Mexico) myself, so I will look forward to it. :)
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »

We are looking to be in Santiago, Chile in December!  Lets keep and contact and hopefully we can get together for a game or seven!

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »
Safe and happy travels to you and your girlfriend JoeSesquipedalian! :(y)

This aside, please feel free to share the URL for your blog! C:-)

Thanks Dan!  I have added the blog URL sakandjac.com to the original post. 

Joe :green-meeple:

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 08:34:04 PM »

We are looking to be in Santiago, Chile in December!  Lets keep and contact and hopefully we can get together for a game or seven!

Count with me, but don't expect me to speak a very good English!   :-[

• Duke
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 03:57:11 PM »

Count with me, but don't expect me to speak a very good English!   :-[

Hey Xander12, we are getting close! And, earlier in the year than we originally planned. We are in Mendoza, Argentina right now and we are heading to Santiago next weekend. We will be in Santiago for about a little more than two weeks. So, if you'd like to get together and play a couple of games, let me know.

If anyone else is in South America or will be any time in the next year or so and are interested in meeting up for some Carc, let me know where you are. We are still moving around a lot in South America and will revisit some of the countries that we've already visited. We are in northern Argentina now. Up next will be Chile, with longer stays in Santiago and Valparaíso before heading further south and returning to Argentina and then stopping for a while in Uruguay. We'd love to meet up with any other Carc fans and would be thrilled to get in a game if possible.

Kind regards to all.

On a side note, Carc seems to be supremely expensive in this part of the globe.

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 06:24:03 AM »
Great! We could get together in one of the many game-stores of Santiago or Providencia, so I can take advantage of showing them what our country has to offer in terms of board games  ;D Just tell me a date and a place, and I will be there with a big picture of a :gray-meeple: in a notebook  ^-^

On a side note, Carc seems to be supremely expensive in this part of the globe.

It is so horrible! Taxes and shipping costs are absurd here, I have seen games that are worth up to 80% more than in the foreigner due to this: '(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:30:31 AM by Xanderx12 »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Tactical Tuesday -- Let's Build an Online Workbook!

Started by kothmann

4 Replies
Last post September 29, 2021, 02:49:54 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Let the Madness Commence (again)

Started by danisthirty

12 Replies
Last post October 26, 2018, 08:57:53 AM
by Sinscerly
xx
Challenge: Don't let your opponent score points during the game!

Started by CraftyRaf

0 Replies
Last post February 18, 2022, 10:13:30 AM
by CraftyRaf
xx
Carcassonne: South Seas Rules Template

Started by quevy

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2014, 08:35:39 AM
by Scott
xx
Carcassonne South Sea - rules questions