Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159569 times)

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #2760 on: December 10, 2020, 02:29:55 AM »
I am in the US and I’ve placed two separate orders (October 22 and November 20) and so far nothing has arrived. Way back in March I placed an order for just the halflings. That order never shipped because of the pandemic. By the time I was told it could ship I just cancelled it in favor of a new order during SPIEL Digital. Then I placed another order during the start of their advent season. So far all I have received is a set of the halflings. I’ve reached out to Cundco and all I was told is that these things take time.

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: December 18, 2020, 02:13:31 AM »
I was very happy to receive my Cundco order last week, including a Promo 20 tile, my very first one. Today, I was equally thrilled to get a package from Nostheide Verlag who put some of the Spielbox issues on sale, including those with very appealing Carcassonne extras. So I warmly welcome Small buildings, Wind roses and ... yes, also the two infamously famous Spiel Doch! Promo tiles (ironically, this magazine wasn´t actually discounted so they cost twice the rest, but anyway...)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2762 on: December 18, 2020, 02:24:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum Weetek23. Looks like you're off to a good start. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday with your new tiles.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #2763 on: January 06, 2021, 11:15:29 AM »
It's good to follow tradition, today we have orthodox christmass and orthodox santa claus knows what people want to find under xmas tree
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #2764 on: January 07, 2021, 01:14:25 PM »
It's good to follow tradition, today we have orthodox christmass and orthodox santa claus knows what people want to find under xmas tree

Those are really nice Christmas presents! I hope you had a nice Christmas time, you'll enjoy playing with those expansions !

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #2765 on: January 07, 2021, 02:17:29 PM »

Those are really nice Christmas presents! I hope you had a nice Christmas time, you'll enjoy playing with those expansions !

Yes, but we had to solve issue, that one box has now not enought space for all tiles, meeplesed, tokens etc. So going back to two box - basic game for tiles and scoring table and box from expansion 1 for other stuff and rules (I know basic game, tower and halflings 2020 are fold).

Thinking about wooden box to made. But shops are closed due to quarantine ;-(

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: January 07, 2021, 09:43:17 PM »

Yes, but we had to solve issue, that one box has now not enought space for all tiles, meeplesed, tokens etc. So going back to two box - basic game for tiles and scoring table and box from expansion 1 for other stuff and rules (I know basic game, tower and halflings 2020 are fold).

Thinking about wooden box to made. But shops are closed due to quarantine ;-(

That's an issue I had to face a few times too... If you need some inspiration, here's the box I made:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=495.msg72908#msg72908

You'll see some other boxes ideas on that thread too  ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:45:35 PM by corinthiens13 »

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: January 10, 2021, 04:32:29 PM »
So as I mentioned in my welcome post, I recently made an order for most of my missing CII unboxed expansions and some additional bits.

Of course even at ~£7 each or less things add up quick when you are buying 10 or more things.. so this slightly extravagant post Xmas purchase only happened like it did because a few stars aligned at the time; I knew I was (and still am) expecting a Basically Wooden Carcassonne storage box that is due to arrive later in January, I got confirmation of a late but welcome PPI refund from the bank, and I found that Board Game Extras had nearly all the unboxed expansions I needed.. well the need in me to achieve completionism took over and this is what the postman delivered a couple of days ago:

Festival 2
The Peasant Uprising
The Toll Keepers
Baths / Barber Surgeons
German Castles
German Cathedrals
German Monasteries
Halflings 1 and 2
Markets of Leipzig
The Fruit Bearing Trees

Winter Edition Mini: Corncircles in German
Spielbox magazine 05 2012 with Little Buildings mini expansion
Sheet of 12 blank Carcassonne original tiles

9 Wooden Wine Barrel Tokens
6 Wooden Wheat Tokens  (well should be 6, I appear to have misplaced one already  ::) )
5 Wooden Cloth Tokens  (yeah, they are not red and they are shaped like t-shirts, was most suitable thing I could see on BGE and they will certainly do for now.  On the plus side they are purple! :) )

PM
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 04:42:04 PM by PurpleMeeple, Reason: Reduce pic size »
PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 11, 2021, 11:04:59 PM »
I am curious to know if any folks living in the US have yet to receive any of their orders from SPIEL.Digital onward?

Offline carlium

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 25
  • I haven't updated my profile yet! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: January 12, 2021, 05:53:29 AM »
Hey DaFees, yes I got my digital Spiel 2020 package last week. Tracker number was useless in this case.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2770 on: January 12, 2021, 05:57:47 AM »
I got a large box from FedEx  (not cundco) yesterday that was originally intended for delivery on the 6th. No subsequent updates, it just turned up.  I think tracking is fairly unreliable, or updated very promptly at the moment.

Glad your box arrived safely.

Here's my package... there's a meeple for scale comparison... if you look closely for it!

Offline Amorpheus

• Authors
  • Duke
  • Merit: 4
  • Hoping this registration sticks :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: February 26, 2021, 04:42:04 PM »
Super excited to receive this in the mail today! Wasn’t sure I’d ever be able to find a copy. I can now replace my homemade version with the actual tiles and wooden Ark.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: February 26, 2021, 04:47:37 PM »

6 Wooden Wheat Tokens  (well should be 6, I appear to have misplaced one already  ::) )
5 Wooden Cloth Tokens  (yeah, they are not red and they are shaped like t-shirts, was most suitable thing I could see on BGE and they will certainly do for now.  On the plus side they are purple! :) )

Nice, where did you get the wooden pieces?

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: February 26, 2021, 08:04:15 PM »
So small update, I received another cundco order earlier this week and as a result I’ve received everything I’ve been expecting. I have no further complaints and I anxiously wait for the new winter edition and the 20th anniversary to become available to those of us in the US.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 26, 2021, 09:46:30 PM »

Nice, where did you get the wooden pieces?

You can find them on  https://www.spielematerial.de/en/  :yellow-meeple:

You can see some custom pieces on this post:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=495.msg72908#msg72908

And some custom figures in action here:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4932.msg72747#msg72747

And some other custom figures in action here:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4942.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Game of Love Podcast

Started by danisthirty

2 Replies
Last post November 26, 2014, 05:52:39 AM
by danisthirty