Author Topic: WTB: Complete set of Grey Meeples.  (Read 6104 times)

Offline GreyMeeple

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
WTB: Complete set of Grey Meeples.
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:27:57 AM »
Having recently decided to adopt the Nickname of Grey Meeple (it's to do with my age). I thoght it would be fun to get a set of grey meeples to play with. Does anyone know where I can get a set? I want the full set for all the expansions.

My other option is to but a plain set and get them painted. A friend recently painted my Gingerbread Man to match the artwork in the rules. It looks so good I'm thinking of getting her to paint the Sheriff and Man Friday.

:gray-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4313.0
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:29:49 AM by GreyMeeple »

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: WTB: Complete set of Grey Meeples.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:55:14 AM »
Having recently decided to adopt the Nickname of Grey Meeple (it's to do with my age). I thoght it would be fun to get a set of grey meeples to play with. Does anyone know where I can get a set? I want the full set for all the expansions.

My other option is to but a plain set and get them painted. A friend recently painted my Gingerbread Man to match the artwork in the rules. It looks so good I'm thinking of getting her to paint the Sheriff and Man Friday.

If you want the full set with all expansions it's difficult to find. You can try in cundco website. You can buy the standard set in grey and also buy the rest of special meeples in the separate components zone of the web. But you need to wrote the details of each piece. 0,30€ for each piece.
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Riker

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:32:52 PM »
My expansions came with grey meeples.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:15:04 AM »
Appears that I only have 8 standard grey meeples. Epic fail.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:25:41 AM by Halfling »
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 02:57:51 AM »

The complete Set of grey meeples (also purchasable in:pink, brown & purple) is now availlable via the online-Shop from HiG.
https://cundco.de/en/accessories/87/wooden-meeple-in-special-colors

PS: The complete set of meeples in white & natural are available in mid of August.
PPS: A complete set contains:  8 Meeple, 1 big Meeple, 1 builder, 1 pig, 1 mayor, 1 wagon, 1 barn, 1 messenger, 1_robber, 1 shepherd, 1 abbot and 1 ringmaster.

:)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 03:04:48 AM by BigBoss »
I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 10:36:14 AM »
Finally cundco!! Finally!!! emoji code41]

Enviado desde mi XT1700 mediante Tapatalk

t2k

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 03:46:05 PM »
Meeplesource has Carcassonne upgrade meeples in every color (almost) except for grey.  But they have an unpainted set you can color yourself.

Here is a link:  https://www.meeplesource.com/products.php?cat=29&filter=carcassonne

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »
Hi t2k,

Belated thanks for your first post!  ;)

I got the turquoise 19-figure set from Meeplesource. I even got some extra normal meeples in every color to be able to play with Markets of Leipzig and Carcassonne Maps - Germany back in the day.

Issues I found:
1. Colors do not match the Cundco ones: the pink ones (just citing from the top of my head) were much darker.
2. Some meeples were defective: the orange ones had asymmetrical thicker legs so, in the end, I got 10-meeple sets from Cundco to replace the orange and the pink ones.
3. The shapes of the figures are not exactly the same as the Cundco one... Regular meeples are a tiny bit smaller, for example. One outstanding case in the builder: the shape difference is more noticeable with the naked eye.

Your tolerance level to all this will dictate if you can live with it or not. In my case, I finally got 10-meeple sets for every color I'm using from Cundco in order to avoid mixing "official" and "unofficial" regular meeples in the same color. On the other hand, I can leave with the "unofficial" turquoise set as no mixing is possible.

Am I crazy with all this?  :o

Cheers!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

t2k

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 02:47:11 PM »
Meepledrone,

CRAZY may not be the word I would use, at least not here.  You bought some stuff and that is good for the economy.

If you are having fun is really all that matters.  And I see that Turquoise seems to be the best stand-out color, so anyway you play, you'll be noticed.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »
Meepledrone,

CRAZY may not be the word I would use, at least not here.  You bought some stuff and that is good for the economy.

If you are having fun is really all that matters.  And I see that Turquoise seems to be the best stand-out color, so anyway you play, you'll be noticed.

Hi t2k,

Ha ha ha... I got turquoise for my wife... She loves the color (it's awesome)... some time ago I also got a mixed acrylic meeple set from Meeplesource too so I have a turquoise phantom too  8)

BTW, actually I got today the extra 10 turquoise meeples I ordered almost a month ago.

I normally play blue or orange... (opposite colors :o)

Cheers!

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 12:59:31 AM »
The complete Set of grey meeples (also purchasable in:pink, brown & purple) is now availlable via the online-Shop from HiG.
https://cundco.de/en/accessories/87/wooden-meeple-in-special-colors
I can follow your link of course and see the page, but how do I find this page by actually navigating through the menu? I haven't been able to which gives me concern that perhaps the link isn't currently 'live' ... Has anyone bought from this page recently?

Also, can anyone with good colour vision (I'm colour blind) please confirm that the text descriptions of the colours there are accurate? Or suggest better ones if not?

(My first post so be gentle with me if I've contravened some point of Carcassonne Central etiquette!)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 03:06:34 AM »
Hi cicerunner,

Welcome to the forum and congrats for your first post. You don't have to worry about any questions you may ask about Carcassonne. We are here to help. We are gentle people.  ;D

You can access the 19-figure sets from the Accessories section:
* You go to the Cundco home page. If it is in German, you can switch to English by clicking on the flag at the top right and selecting from the dropdown menu you get.
* Click (n Accessories on the horizontal menu strip and scroll all the way down. You will find an item called "Wooden Meeple in special colors."

The colous match the description. Are you interested in any particular one? What colours you cannot distinguish?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:09:00 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline dronedrone

• Vassal
  • Merit: 6
  • Updated my profile have I.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 03:18:51 AM »
Hi cicerunner - welcome to the forum.   Based on my experience you have nothing to fear on this forum apart for wondering where the day went exploring the excellent content.

I can help with a part of your query.

I can follow your link of course and see the page, but how do I find this page by actually navigating through the menu? I haven't been able to which gives me concern that perhaps the link isn't currently 'live' ...

Navigate to the Cundco Home page:- https://cundco.de/en/
Click on "Accessories" and scroll down to the foot of the page.
Click on "Wooden Meeple in special colors" (their spelling...)

They have pictures of the Pink, Purple, Orange, Grey and Brown Meeple sets - the colours are noticeably different to each other, see what you think by clicking through the "slideshow".   The Grey and Purple Meeples are different in colour to the colour chart, Grey looks Grey, rather than Pale Blue (on my screen) and Purple looks to me more of a Burgundy colour.

I have not bought from the Accessories page but know that other Forum members have.   I have bought other items from Cundco in the past and found them to be very good and never had any problems.

All the best

The owls are not what they seem

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 06:55:28 AM »
Meepledrone and dronedrone, thank you both for your helpful replies. It seems that whilst I'd found the accessories page I just hadn't scrolled down far enough (on mobile).

Also I can't believe I'd missed the UK flag for the English version of the site! I'd been using Google translate on the German version.

Grey looks Grey, rather than Pale Blue (on my screen)
Notwithstanding my colour blindness that was exactly my experience which was what made me start to doubt myself ...

What colours can you not distinguish?
I'm "red green" colour blind which for me means I can get some reds, greens and browns confused. Also some blues, pinks and purples!

In C2 base game I find red and green difficult in anything less than good daylight.

Are you interested in any particular one?
Well I'd actually already found "sky blue" on ebay and the colour is easy to distinguish, but it seemed expensive. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARCASSONNE-ACCESSORIES-19-SET-SKY-BLUE-MEEPLE-FOLLOWERS-FOR-ALL-EXPANSIONS/202819492268?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3Daf257e01af834313b75734330f470529%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D202819487495%26itm%3D202819492268%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

Now that I've found the right section of cundco I can see that I can get two sets for only a little more than the cost of that one.

Is the "sky blue" colour a limited/non-standard colour or perhaps that isn't actually genuine Carcassone product?

For contrast with the original 6 C2 colours, from those currently available at cundco, I'd probably go for white and orange.

Now, what else should I pop in the basket whilst I'm there?!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 07:18:29 AM by cicerunner »

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 07:32:46 AM »
Well, if you are ordering from Cundco you should check out the mini carcassonne expansions.

https://cundco.de/en/mini-expansions/carcassonne/?p=1

Labyrinth is small and awesome. I like the festival to, watchtowers can be interesting. And there are still more then...
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB grey teacher/phantom

Started by gabrielgeek

1 Replies
Last post September 11, 2020, 12:48:12 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
WTB Purple & Grey Abbots

Started by ARabidMeerkat

13 Replies
Last post February 20, 2016, 09:31:31 AM
by ARabidMeerkat
xx
PSA: Cundco now stock alt coloured abbotts (also: WTB Grey abbott)

Started by ooh_jim

10 Replies
Last post February 15, 2016, 02:10:36 AM
by ARabidMeerkat
xx
8+ player complete set

Started by Chartreusito

7 Replies
Last post December 13, 2020, 05:41:19 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Cundco wooden meeples full set again??