Author Topic: Essen Spiel '18 25th Oct - 28th Oct  (Read 17348 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Essen Spiel '18 25th Oct - 28th Oct
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 01:39:47 PM »
Xander12,
please contact the organizer of the Carcassonne World Cup "Spielezentrum Herne". I think they have rent some rooms for the participants of  the world cup.

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 04:27:53 PM »
Xander12,
please contact the organizer of the Carcassonne World Cup "Spielezentrum Herne". I think they have rent some rooms for the participants of  the world cup.

Thanks for the notice! I will get in contact immediately  :))

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 09:34:48 AM »
Happy 100th post Xanderx12!

Let us know how you get on  :(y)

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »
I have good news and bad news, guys:

First of all, I already have the tickets ready to go to Duesseldorf (Thanks Diego of Devir Chile!). I will leave Santiago on October 24th and I will arrive on the 25th at noon, and with luck I will be able to be on the four days of the fair!  ;D Until Monday the 29th at night, which will be when I will leave  :)

And the bad news is that I do not have lodging. I am a student, and unfortunately I am not able to afford the money necessary to pay for 5 days of stay (nope, not even the cheap hotels with low qualifications), although my options are:

1.- AirBnB (hopefully maybe get something not so expensive and in time)
2.- That some contact within Devir Chile give me the data they used for previous years.
3.- Spielezentrum Herne (I'm still waiting for their reply to my emails)
4.- That some other Chilean who is going to travel to Essen take pity on me and, or, pay half an accommodation, or if there is a recidente there, be my host.

Obviously, I do not expect any option to be free, but from there to pay ~$100-80 every night, I can not (I would have to use the savings I had planned for the fair, but even that would not reach me  :-[)

That for now. Just have more details or, I find a solution in time, I will let you know immediately  C:-)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
Good luck finding somewhere!

Perhaps you could hook up with MrNumbers and his companions? I don't know what his plans are this year, but previously he has shared an apartment or similar near to Essen. There may be space with him, and it would probably make it all the more affordable if there is an extra person to split the bill between. Plus he is an excellent Carcassonne player so you will have someone to practice against before the big day!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 09:57:38 AM »
I asked over on CarcF for you Xander. Sometimes lodges are booked.

When will you make a decision on flights?

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 10:23:07 AM »
I asked over on CarcF for you Xander. Sometimes lodges are booked.

When will you make a decision on flights?

Muchas gracias Decar!  :(y)

The roundtrip flights are ready, the only thing that remains is transportation, lodging and internet (this one is almost finished), and in AirBnB I am seeing a very cheap option near Düsseldorf: half an hour from the airport and two from Essen (I'll have to get up very early those days!), but I have to decide quickly, because I have 48 hours so that they do not charge me the service charge. And about transportation, I guess I'll use Google's help. (I take this opportunity to request information on public transport for tourists there :-[ )

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »
2hrs by public transport, that's going to be tough! I've heard that there is work on some of the rail lines.

We arrive Wednesday night and plan to leave on Sunday morning, we have a small hotel room about 30 minutes walk from Messe Essen. You'd be welcome to squeeze in with my wife and me, if you fancy putting up with our snoring.

btw, there is usually a meetup with lots of Carcassonne fans at the Cundco Booth on the Thursday afternoon (2.30 I think).

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »
Perhaps you could hook up with MrNumbers and his companions? I don't know what his plans are this year, but previously he has shared an apartment or similar near to Essen. There may be space with him, and it would probably make it all the more affordable if there is an extra person to split the bill between. Plus he is an excellent Carcassonne player so you will have someone to practice against before the big day!
We usually book Airbnb apartment, and amount of people and beds is strictly defined. This year is not an exception, sorry.

btw, there is usually a meetup with lots of Carcassonne fans at the Cundco Booth on the Thursday afternoon (2.30 I think).
Usually it is at 12:30, but everything could be changed :)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »
It seems this year I will be there... representing Hungary at the World Championships. :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 06:48:58 AM »
It seems this year I will be there... representing Hungary at the World Championships. :)

Wow, that is very exciting news! Congratulations Leven! :) :(y)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2018, 07:35:41 AM »

Thank you, Dan. I'm excited, too. :)
To tell you the truth, my way to the World Championships wasn't really straightforward. Actually I finished 3rd at the qualification tournament but the two finalists couldn't afford the trip to Essen...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 07:40:10 AM »

Thank you, Dan. I'm excited, too. :)
To tell you the truth, my way to the World Championships wasn't really straightforward. Actually I finished 3rd at the qualification tournament but the two finalists couldn't afford the trip to Essen...

I'm sure you have as much right to be there as anybody else. And I'm sure you will do well too! 8) :violet-meeple: :(y)

It's much less of an achievement, but I was only able to finish 3rd (joint) at the UK championships because one of the top 16 players couldn't continue into the elimination stage. Fortunately I'd managed to scrape 17th so went through by the skin of my teeth!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »
As Dan already said, you deserved it in any way! Congratulations! See you there! ;)
In many countries (including Baltic States) organizing company pays all the trip costs for representing player. It's not the case in Hungary?

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 05:13:37 AM »

Congrats dude! I hope to see you soon in Essen :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
New releases on April 28th

Started by Meepledrone

9 Replies
Last post April 20, 2023, 11:59:59 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Thirsty Meeples visit on Sun 25th Feb

Started by Rich_The_Fish

36 Replies
Last post March 14, 2018, 09:09:19 AM