Author Topic: New to Carcassone, here's my experience!  (Read 1158 times)

Offline bidbid

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
New to Carcassone, here's my experience!
« on: January 23, 2021, 05:18:46 AM »
Hello everyone! I just feel like sharing my recent experience and I found this forum so here you go!

I've been a board game enthusiast for almost 2 years now, since going on  Erasmus in Ireland and finding a group who reunited each week for game night.
I've found the community to be amazing and I just love discovering new games.

I've become obsessed in the last few months with reading as much about new games as possible
because of the kind of stupid idea of "finding the best games there are", coupled with not being able to afford buying nearly as many games as I'd like (my collection currently holds 9, I'm sure it's gonna keep growing!)

Well at the end of the day I kept looking for God knows what amazing game to finally buy, without ever actually buying anything.

Well just a week ago because of a promotion I got an Amazon coupon for 15€ but because of the expiry date I had to use it fast, I didn't have the slightest idea what to buy, I had held off buying games for 4 months because of fear of buying something underwhelming and feeling like I wasted money.

Well in the end I saw Carcassone: hunters and gatherers was being sold for 25€, so I said what the hell at worst is a 10€ loss, and I bought it.

Oh God how happy I am for doing it! I never gave any attention to the Carcassonne world because of the "cult of the new" and I was so damn wrong,
I found this game SO aesthetically beautiful, SO simple to teach to my family, SO satisfying and SOOO relaxing to play.

It's a rough period and playing this game has brought me so much calmness and happiness,
It has become my new favorite game and I am glad to see there's a community dedicated to it  ;D ;D ;D

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5010.0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New to Carcassone, here's my experience!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 06:38:59 AM »
Hi bidbid!

Welcome to the forum!

Glad to hear that you find the world of Carcassonne enticing!

Hunters & Gatherers was the first spin-off from the game and players appreciate it a lot.

You are most welcome to explore the vast world of Carcassonne. As you may know, it turn 20 years old this year... So enjoy all the stuff you may find around around this "classic" game.

Have you tried the original Carcassonne game?

Welcome and cheers!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline MeepleFriend

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • You haven't updated your profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: New to Carcassone, here's my experience!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 07:34:13 AM »
Welcome, bidbid! It’s good to have you here, and good to hear about your gaming experiences. I hope that as you try Carcassonne with some of the expansions, you find the variety and beauty of the tiles to keep bringing you back. Carcassonne is one of those board games where each game truly is a new game— there’s always something new to try, discover, and enjoy with this great game.

Welcome!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carc Print & Play Demo - A fun gaming experience?

Started by OJH1997

0 Replies
Last post March 01, 2022, 05:06:22 AM
by OJH1997
xx
Experience with the Carcassonne map Benelux

Started by Windekind

1 Replies
Last post May 12, 2020, 03:08:20 AM
by Whaleyland
question
I want a full carcassone set in cundco

Started by txema25

9 Replies
Last post May 26, 2017, 05:44:20 AM
by danisthirty
xx
A Carcassone deck of cards

Started by Howdypoopy

6 Replies
Last post March 12, 2017, 12:31:28 AM
by stalcupojoy
xx
Carcassone news on Twitter, what to follow?

Started by Hovari

4 Replies
Last post November 06, 2014, 07:08:33 AM
by Hovari