Author Topic: 2-player MegaCarcassonne  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
2-player MegaCarcassonne
« on: March 22, 2017, 04:56:15 AM »
Me and my girlfriend decided to sacrifice our dining table for a MegaCarcassonne! We figured we could start and stop whenever we wanted, and just resume the next day, and that is what we did. We started Friday afternoon, and finished Wednesday morning. I can't say how many hours went in to it, since we went out and had friends over, had to work and of course sleep. So we probably spent a lot of time in it :P

It was Base game, Winter edition base game, Inns&Cathedrals, Traders&Builders, Princess&Dragon, Tower, Abbey&Mayor, Count, King&Robber, Catapult (tiles only), Wheel of Fortune, Bridges, Castles &Bazaars, Hills&Sheep, River (1,2 and BB5) Count, GQ11, Cult, Siege &Creativity, Crop Circles 2, Festival, Phantom, School, Flying Machines, Messengers, Ferries, Goldmines, Mage&Witch, Windroses (2 sets), Watchtowers, Cult (3 versions), Tunnel, Little Buildings, Halflings 1&2 (got 4 halflings each), Labyrinth (both versions), German Monastaries, German Castles (2 castles each), German Cathedrals, Gingerbread Man, Winter Crop Circles, Darmstadt, Spiel 14,15,16.
Came out to almost 540 tiles in total (including the WoF starting tile & Count starting tile).
We used the scoretrack of the winter edition for our messengermeeples, so it was easier to see what was going on.

We used the lid from the BB5 to have all the tiles, with 2 teatowels as a cover, since the tiles didnt fit in our bag anymore. After we got through most of the tiles we put the rest in the bag and continued with the bag as normal.
We didn't use the Japanese Buildings and Dutch monastaries, because we have a house rule using the abbot meeples for the monastaries, so they're not too powerfull as everyone has just one to use. And with the normal cloisters and a lot of expansions having cloisters we figured there were enough of those in the game. Also didnt use the Robbers because we dont really like those in a 2 player game. Same with the Besiegers and Plague, so they were left out as well. Basicly everything else was in there!

At some point we were running out of meeples, so I tried to use the cat to claim a city. But it turned out she didnt want to stay there for long as she walked away soon.

We had mostly a nice game where we mostly went our own way. I stole a city from her and she came back with stealing a city from me, that had a cathedral, Mage and Gingerbread man, leading her to score over 50 points for the little city. And at the same time she trapped one of my meeples in a nearby city I tried to link up. But with her Halfling she made sure I wouldnt do that.
She did that again when i was building a nice big city, and trapped another meeple there with one of her Halflings. I made her remove some of her farmers as a comeback.
She ended up capturing one of my farmers and stealing that farm at the end though.

I trapped a meeple of hers in a German Cathedral and we were coming to the end!
Right at the end I was able to secure the last 2 pieces of gold, bringing my gold stash to 10! So I got a nice 40 points extra at the end, that I was very happy with!

We ran out of score tiles at the end, even after I got a couple from the Star Wars Carcassonne. So we used a piece of paper to write down how many 50's we had extra.
She had a very good barn down with 14 city's in, so I was hoping my farmers good make up for that!
The abbots were close, hers got 52 points, mine 56.

And that was it! I was tasked with cleaning up, since she went to work, so I spend about an hour sorting through everything.
In the end:
Pink: 1424 points
Blue: 1510 points
I was ahead most of the game, and managed to take the win!
In a previous big game she beat me by over 250 points, so I was happy to win this! Even though at the end we were also happy that we got through it :P

Now we will probably not play Carcassonne for at least 2 days  ::)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3219.0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:34:25 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Links fixed »
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Dragonlord

• Count
  • Merit: 15
  • More complex is, more I like it.
    • View Profile
    • Land of Dragons
Re: 2-player MegaCarcassonne
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:17:57 AM »
Nice game (merit for it). My dinning table contains 900 tiles, too small now and for the scoring points tiles, I've made this from discovery. It could be useful for your next game.  :)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: 2-player MegaCarcassonne
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 01:08:00 AM »
Haha, nice to see your cat taking part!  Great report! Thanks!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Expansions becoming inconsistent during megacarcassonne games?

Started by corinthiens13

35 Replies
Last post December 16, 2020, 01:36:35 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
megacarcassonne : which doubles should i take?

Started by SRBO

6 Replies
Last post December 05, 2014, 09:14:57 PM
by Darwin
xx
New Player, New to Forums, With a Couple Dumb Questions

Started by Fellwarre

3 Replies
Last post February 10, 2014, 11:55:57 AM
by Scott
xx
8+ player complete set