Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII  (Read 34873 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2017, 10:56:36 AM »
Q17:
2017 was an especially busy year for postmen and postwomen around the world, especially for the ones delivering to those of us with rapidly growing Carcassonne collections! In one case, an order placed in March and including the 10th large expansion and Halflings (and perhaps also a keyboard and a mouse) took just 4 days to reach the UK. Whose postman went the extra mile (or 500!) to get this parcel to its happy owner so quickly? C:-) :(y)

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2017, 04:13:33 AM »
Q18:
Decar ran a series of polls this year, with the end goal being to discover which non-Carcassonne games are universally enjoyed by Carcassonne fans. It wasn't easy, and with the initial list of nominations totalling 166 well-liked games, those of us who voted in the subsequent polls faced some very tough decisions! The eventual winner was 7 Wonders, followed by Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan and Pandemic. But which forum member nominated "The Game of 49" onto the initial list of games to be included?

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2017, 09:06:51 AM »
Q19:
Back in May, a member of the community posted about their plans to play a game of Carcassonne including various editions of the basegame, 13 major expansions and 150 fan-made expansions (no cats were allowed). And after 31 days they were forced to stop as there was no space left to carry on! Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 03:40:16 AM »
Q20:
Perhaps understandably, cats were not allowed anywhere near the game of Carcassonne (Catcassonne ;)) I asked about yesterday. But in some parts of the world, certain forums members go to incredible lengths for their cats! One forum member in particular posted back in January about a certain cat tower that had been under construction for 4 years! Which forum member was responsible for this fantastic achievement for their beloved pets?

:red-meeple: :white-meeple: :red-meeple: Just 4 questions left! :red-meeple: :white-meeple: :red-meeple:

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 07:56:02 AM »
Q21:
For those of us with *ALL* the Carcassonne but who still have a certain compulsion for buying boardgames, the KickStarter thread is always useful in terms of helping people to find new things on which to spend their money. But it's not just boardgames that get posted about here, as one member in particular was gracious enough to share their recommendation for the boardgaming bowl that everyone must have (bought from a certain Swedish furnitue/ homeware giant that was mentioned in a previous question). Who was this?

EDIT: I'll accept that I may have been a little ambiguous with this question. So, if you can't choose between two or more members, choose the one who first shared their recommendation...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:05:23 AM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2017, 03:42:37 AM »
(a slightly easier one today O:-))

Q22:
2017 wasn't a particularly busy year for most of us in terms of sharing details of what else we like to do in our free time, but a few people provided some insight. One of our number not only described what an "abhanga" is (for those of us who had been wondering), but also provided us with a sample of their poetry which included a liturgical prayer inspired by Donald Trump ::). Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2017, 09:14:04 AM »
Q23:
Every now and then, our Carcassonne-related discussions can occasionally wander off-track into somewhat unexpected territory. Fortunately however, MrNumbers is determined to keep things Carcassonne, and is always on hand to swoop in and split unrelated posts off into seperate threads when we least expect it! C:-) The resulting spin-off threads can seem a little random, but I always enjoy reading the hilarious topic names that they've been given! :)) One such thread started off as a discussion around the GQ#11 expansion and how it can be used to kill birds, with jungleboy cruelly suggesting that carrots should be sacrificed instead. :'( But who was it that shared a self-defence against fresh fruit video on the same thread?

See you tomorrow for the final question! ;)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2017, 11:19:35 AM »
Q24:
I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's different Christmas traditions and festive shenanigans this year, and was especially impressed by some of the Carcassonne-themed tree decorations! With this in mind, who likes to invade German Cathedrals with their little metal meeples?

Thanks to everyone who has taken part in the quiz this year. I hope it's been fun and look forward to sharing the answers and results after Christmas. All that remains for me to say for now is to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Much love and respect,
Dan :) :(y)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2017, 11:37:35 AM »
Mwrry Christmas Dan!

Thanks for taking all this time an expending all this energy in finding some of the most difficult questions we've had to date. And also making sure you poated every day.  It's been a great opportunity to reflect on the year's activites and also catch up on some missed ones!

Merit from me!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
Merry Christmas Dan and of course everyone else!
I loved playing the quiz this month, thank you for organising it!
It pointed me to some nice highlights from this year  ;D
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2017, 11:39:30 AM »
Thanks for the fun Quiz, Dan. Happy X-mas to everyone here and a healty, fun 2018 !

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »
Mwrry Christmas Dan!

Thanks for taking all this time an expending all this energy in finding some of the most difficult questions we've had to date. And also making sure you poated every day.  It's been a great opportunity to reflect on the year's activites and also catch up on some missed ones!

Merit from me!

I could not have said it better!  ;D

Thanks you so much Dan, and merry Christmas for all!  :red-meeple:

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2017, 11:42:41 AM »
Indeed, it was much fun, thank you Dan for the quiz.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:47:14 AM by Leven »

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
We all agree you did great, thank you   :green-meeple:
I hope you have a nice christmas and all the others to  ;)
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2017, 11:52:04 AM »
Mwrry Christmas Dan!

Merit from me!

I could not have said it better!  ;D

Thanks you so much Dan, and merry Christmas for all!  :red-meeple:

+Happy 200th merit Dan!  Well deserved!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXI

Started by Meepledrone

223 Replies
Last post April 11, 2022, 02:20:34 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXIII

Started by Meepledrone

206 Replies
Last post January 24, 2024, 03:47:00 AM
by Challa007
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXIX

Started by Meepledrone

151 Replies
Last post October 29, 2021, 08:41:39 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXX

Started by Meepledrone

210 Replies
Last post November 03, 2021, 09:48:24 AM
by Allograft
clip
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII coming soon...

Started by Meepledrone

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2022, 01:44:55 AM
by Challa007