Author Topic: We organize a game now?  (Read 70360 times)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
Re: We organize a game now?
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »
Great, you put the moment of scoring onto a screenshot. :D

Actually I made a video recording of the game, so the screenshot is from the video. :)

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2015, 04:57:02 PM »
You have been indeed very gentle, allowing him to take blue.

Red was very lucky for me in these games. Now I know why the likes of MrNumbers, CarcKing and Rosco always choose it!

Yes, Dan was very kind to relinquish blue for me.  I play blue so often that it's hard for me to remember I'm not blue when I have to play a different color.  I think I have lost games before making bad moves thinking I was blue...

At any rate, I'm glad I finally got to try out JCloisterZone.  Kudos to the developer!  Thanks for the introduction and special invite (Dan & kettlefish).  I knew I was rusty, but I told Dan to do his worst!  I needed to see where I really stood.  I actually played a MegaCarc game against one AI player last night.  It was fun.  I won by a lot, but I suspect it's not too hard to beat the AI.  They fight pretty hard for the big cities, but not too hard for the farms. 

I'd be glad to play with anyone.  I'm usually up fairly late and am available after 9:00 NY (EST) time.  Shoot me a message if you'd like to play.
Flee the fleas.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2015, 12:55:00 AM »
They fight not at all for farms. They place farmers, whenever they have a spear meeple and see a city worth at least 3 cities. On one occasion, I saw Adda sneaking into one of my farms, but I'm not sure, whether that was an accident or not. However, AI is still great for getting a little practice with the rules and tiles of individual expansions, so I would like, if it was available for more expansions.

Hope to see you soon in one of the next Leagues or one of the "Weekly Online Games".

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:43 AM »
It also scored my wagon on the road leading from the left branch of T, worth 7 points, and the farmer below scoring 8 points, as well as the thief for 7 points, would have scored and returned to you anyway, ...

Of course you are right, only one of the 4 followers returned to me thanks to my barn. It was your barn that triggered the scoring of my other farmer.

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2015, 05:22:31 AM »
I have the afternoon off for a practice game with the expanses of the World Cup .
if someone is available , let me know
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2015, 02:31:11 PM »
I'm looking for opponents.  Available at random times through the week, especially during the european day.  Trying to learn different expansion packs too.

Khalid

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2015, 06:47:13 PM »
This may not be the right place for this, but since it seems one of the aims of this topic is to try and get more to play online I figured I'd give it a try.  What is the best way to find games online?  I have Jcloisterzone, but every time I try to join a game I don't have the correct password.  I've joined the chatroom, but it seems like nobody is ever there.  Is there another place I should be going to?  Or am I just going at the wrong times?    Sesquipedalian :green-meeple:
Who got a smudge on the tile?

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »
This may not be the right place for this, but since it seems one of the aims of this topic is to try and get more to play online I figured I'd give it a try.  What is the best way to find games online?  I have Jcloisterzone, but every time I try to join a game I don't have the correct password.  I've joined the chatroom, but it seems like nobody is ever there.  Is there another place I should be going to?  Or am I just going at the wrong times?    Sesquipedalian :green-meeple:
Hi,

I'm quite new to the forum so my ideas might seem raw.  JCloisterZone is not a meeting place. People agree to meet to play. A lot of people play peer to peer rather than via the server. There is a view that it is more reliable. Pairs need to play via the server or some other player if they don't have the technical skills to adjust their router.
The IRC chatroom is a place to meet. Most of the day there is no one there because I think lost of people work and have other things they are doing apart from Carcassonne.  The best time to find people is mid evening, central European time.
Many games are organised directly by posting in this thread.
Let me know when you want to play!

Khalid!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2015, 01:54:43 AM »
Khalid, thank you for providing an excellent reply!

JoeSesquipedalian, thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts, I would like to expand on some of the things Khalid has already said.

It is true that JCloisterZone does not really provide a full chat support.  It is useful to talk prior to the start of a scheduled game; but not ideal to wait for long periods.

We have been successfully using an IRC chatroom for quite some time, you can access here (thanks to Paul):
http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html
Many people frequent here; so if you're looking for a chance game, this may be a better option for you; though European evenings are the best time for most people.

We also schedule weekly-games on Thursday evenings, you're very welcome to join us. Results from previous weeks can be found here:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1041.msg29075#msg29075

You're very welcome to start your own thread here, if you are looking to play particular expansions etc.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2015, 02:00:40 AM »
Hi JoeSesquipedalian, welcome to the forums! :) :(y)

I was going to say pretty much the same thing as Decar. However, it’s probably also worth pointing out that if you are looking for an opponent, posting a message in this thread is a good place to start.

As it happens, I should have a couple of hours free this evening so I’d be up for a game if you’re interested? I’m in the UK so it’s 10am right now. I’ll be available between 8pm and 10pm, so in about 10 – 12 hours.

I’ll be in the chat room between these times so you’ll be able to find me there, but please let me know either by Private Message or by responding here if you’d like to play.

:blue-meeple:

Offline JoeSesquipedalian

• Duke
  • Merit: 10
  • ǝuuossɐɔɹɐɔ
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2015, 02:26:47 PM »
Thanks for the responses everyone!!  I just sat down at the computer and I'll be here for a few hours.  If anyone wants to get a game in, let me know.

Joe Sesquipedalian

BTW, I only know base game, all expansions from big box 5, the count, king/robber barron, phantom, abbey/mayors, gold mines, flying machines and messengers.  Plus the Abbot from Cv2.0.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2015, 02:15:14 AM »
Thanks for the responses everyone!!  I just sat down at the computer and I'll be here for a few hours.  If anyone wants to get a game in, let me know.

Joe Sesquipedalian

BTW, I only know base game, all expansions from big box 5, the count, king/robber barron, phantom, abbey/mayors, gold mines, flying machines and messengers.  Plus the Abbot from Cv2.0.

Hi again Joe, it’s a shame you didn’t respond to my message here to say that you were going to be coming on a bit later as I could have stuck around for a bit and had a game with you. As it was, the chat room was fairly busy between 8pm and 10pm last night so I got a couple of games in anyway.

If you know you’re going to be free for an evening, it’s probably worth posting beforehand so that others know there will be someone available, and when. If you post once you’re already in the chat room waiting, it’s less notice for potential opponents to meet with you for a game, hence you’re less likely to find someone.

:blue-meeple:

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2015, 06:59:59 AM »
I have created a new topic specifically for very short-notice/ immediate game requests.

It can be found here: PLAY ME NOW! :)

Hopefully it will be of use. :(y)

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2015, 07:14:36 AM »
LIKE  :blue-meeple:

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
We organize a game now?
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2015, 10:34:14 AM »
I'm keen for a game or two tonight. I'll be available from 9:30pm CET (8:30pm BST).

In no particular order, I'm looking to play either:

1) against Rosco for our LMS game
2) against Danisthirty for our Order of the Meeple challenge match
3) against anyone in preparation for the WC QF (w/ T&B, Tower, Fliers and German Monasteries)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:31:43 PM by jungleboy »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Tips on how to organize mini expansions without a box?

Started by ac1982

17 Replies
Last post April 02, 2022, 04:42:05 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Anybody wants to play a JCloister-Game now?

Started by Hounk

4 Replies
Last post January 15, 2015, 07:18:31 AM
by Rosco
xx
Game on JCloisterZone now?

Started by Rosco

4 Replies
Last post July 25, 2014, 02:02:35 PM
by Rosco
xx
Game now