Author Topic: What goes around...  (Read 1923 times)

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
What goes around...
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:33:40 AM »
Monday was a holiday here in the states, so I got to play two games of Carcassonne with various expansions against the same opponent. Game 1 was a fairly close and steady battle until about the mid-way point, when one of the cities started getting big (and ended up with a cathedral). Then the fight was on! Mayors were placed, a wagon moved in, glomming attempts were blocked, fortunes changed turn-by-turn ... and finally I won the city 6-5 in meeple votes. Total tally: 63 points, so not too shabby. Over the rest of the game, my opponent caught up some with cities, but I did a little better with farms. At the final accounting, I ended up winning by exactly those 63 points.

Later that day was Game 2. This one started similarly, but my opponent turned cutthroat when it came to farming. I had a decent farm of my own, but she controlled a bigger farm 2-0. With a couple of fancy moves I got 2 farmers onto her big farm near the end of the game to share control. Of course, it wasn't near enough to the end of the game. Over the course of 4 turns, she added another farmer to that farm AND sneaked her big meeple onto my best farm, ultimately winning both. I was definitely outplayed and outmaneuvered. Final score: I lost by exactly the same 63 points that I had won by in Game 1. The cosmic accountants got the ledgers to come out perfectly.

Until the next game...

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1802.0

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: What goes around...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 11:18:41 AM »
Thanks obervet, I enjoyed reading about those games!

It sounds like an ideal Carcassonne session as you won and lost one game each and even had exactly the same overall score!  :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Dan Goes to Essen: An Adventure Story (2022)

Started by danisthirty

19 Replies
Last post October 19, 2022, 09:04:29 AM
by Decar
xx
Has anyone had a virtual stroll around Carcassonne?

Started by Squiffything

2 Replies
Last post June 28, 2017, 04:00:39 PM
by ARabidMeerkat
xx
Carcassonne Spin-Off - Around the World #2

Started by kettlefish

56 Replies
Last post February 16, 2015, 11:40:15 AM
by SRBO
xx
One of the reasons I have not been around much