Author Topic: 2017 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage  (Read 39269 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: 2017 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2018, 03:29:56 AM »
So, now it's time to finish the World Cup 2017 already!
Final match:
MrNumbers vs. danisthirty

Is this Saturday too soon for you? 8)
If I won't be out of town (there are such plans for Easter), then it is possible :D
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2018, 04:51:54 AM »
@MrNumbers:

Rosco (I believe) noticed that an old bug has made its way back into the game with regards to the princess and the phantom; when the princess is used to remove the last meeple from a city, the phantom (if available) can then be placed in the city. I always thought this was the correct behaviour but we discussed it a few years ago and it was determined that this should not be allowed. It doesn't break the game, but it is probably worth advising that this should be avoided if the opportunity to do so should arise in either game...

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2018, 05:05:01 AM »
@MrNumbers:

Rosco (I believe) noticed that an old bug has made its way back into the game with regards to the princess and the phantom; when the princess is used to remove the last meeple from a city, the phantom (if available) can then be placed in the city. I always thought this was the correct behaviour but we discussed it a few years ago and it was determined that this should not be allowed. It doesn't break the game, but it is probably worth advising that this should be avoided if the opportunity to do so should arise in either game...

Agreed. It can affect only 2 games, so we 4 should be careful about such behavior.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2018, 05:07:44 AM »
@MrNumbers:

Agreed. It can affect only 2 games, so we 4 should be careful about such behavior.

Just for the record then, this behaviour is officially outlawed?

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2018, 06:19:34 AM »
@MrNumbers:

Yes, because it is against the CAR. We have corrected this bug in JCZ once, now it's back. We should be as close to CAR, as possible.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2018, 06:21:47 AM »
@MrNumbers:

Yes, because it is against the CAR. We have corrected this bug in JCZ once, now it's back. We should be as close to CAR, as possible.

Agree 100%. I just wanted to make sure it was formally stated so that we can all be clear about it :(y)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 08:07:09 AM »
I have logged this bug in the Jcz folder in carccentral, hopefully Farin will see it for next update.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2018, 07:50:01 AM »
Game for bronze medal:

Jéré  :yellow-meeple: 303 - 260  :blue-meeple: zone2

Quite balanced game. Fierce fight for the main field (zone2 controlled it but managed to steal it). Got all points for trade goods but I don't think it was based on luck as I had to close a city worth 20-pts (to zone2) to avoid zone2 getting both points for city and the goods. Highest bid was 15 for a tile I needed to connect the fields.

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2018, 02:28:15 AM »
Hello dudes,

Any news from the WC final?  Just to know when i have to watch the online streaming...  ;)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2018, 03:01:51 AM »
Hello dudes,

Any news from the WC final?  Just to know when i have to watch the online streaming...  ;)

We were due to play on Saturday but I inadvertently delayed things to the point that it was too late for MrNumbers to start what is sure to be a long game as it was already 10:30pm his time. Unfortunately we weren't able to play on Sunday either, but are hoping to find an evening this week...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2018, 06:24:20 AM »
Following another postponement, we're now looking to play on Friday evening.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
Any particular Friday evening, or are we to be left in suspense?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2018, 04:03:01 AM »
Well, we started it and played about half of the tiles until a duplicated tile prompted MrNumbers to postpone the rest of the game while he decided what to do. I was expecting an update from him today.

My feeling is that since this was a known bug that had previously been accepted and other games allowed to go ahead it's difficult to see why this case should be an exception. The delay has already broken the flow of the game and marred it somewhat for me, but I will of course abide by the tournament organiser's ruling.

Keen to hear other opinions though?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2018, 04:15:33 AM »
Assuming everyone was under the same conditions and the bug cannot and has not been abused with intent. It seems reasonable to continue, given it was a known-bug and the players accepted the change to 'normal' play before thr contest started.

Offline TheSteveAllen

• Marquis
  • Merit: 25
  • Power to the Meeple!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2018, 04:18:07 AM »
Well, we started it and played about half of the tiles until a duplicated tile prompted MrNumbers to postpone the rest of the game while he decided what to do. I was expecting an update from him today.

My feeling is that since this was a known bug that had previously been accepted and other games allowed to go ahead it's difficult to see why this case should be an exception. The delay has already broken the flow of the game and marred it somewhat for me, but I will of course abide by the tournament organiser's ruling.

Keen to hear other opinions though?

I must admit that I was a bit surprised that the 2 final matches were going ahead (including the 3rd place play off), as we were all aware of the tile duplication problem that has not yet been fixed, and which I reported about a month ago. I decided to let the ‘Alternative’ competition still run, as all players knew of the bug and it would be the same for both players.

If the game has been saved, I would suggest that it continues from that point as soon as Farin has had time to fix the problem.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
2016 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage

Started by MrNumbers

63 Replies
Last post February 01, 2017, 01:59:24 AM
by Jéré
xx
2015 World Cup of Carcassonne Central - Knock-Out Stage

Started by danisthirty

160 Replies
Last post February 08, 2017, 02:46:16 PM