Author Topic: Issues of the AI  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Issues of the AI
« on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:59 AM »
I think, a topic about strange behavior of the AI might be suitable. In the particular game attached, Adda intrigued me with her ability to battle for a farm. I always thought, AI only notice, it's worth placing a farmer, if at least three cities are finished in the farm. But she managed, to place the farmer in the top right corner without any city in this area and connect it with the main farm, before I could block.

However, the AI seems not to know, that a cathedral city is rendered worthless, if not finished by the end. I noticed on different occasions, that it happily continues adding precious tiles to an unfinishable cathedral city and yesterday in this game, it even placed the cathedral on it's last turn to a very valuable unfinished city of it's self, although there had been other possible spots to drop it. (Most prominent the unoccupied tile next to the farmer mentioned above.)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1660.0
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:58:15 AM by Hounk, Reason: forgot tp rescale picture before »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Princess & Dragon: Bugs/ Issues

Started by danisthirty

0 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 12:02:53 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Forum Move and Issues

Started by jcircus

34 Replies
Last post January 15, 2016, 06:58:35 AM