Poll

What would be the best expanion(s) for the next Expansion League?

Count, King, and Robber
8 (42.1%)
Carcassonne Minis
7 (36.8%)
Go back through all major expansions starting with Inns & Cathedrals
4 (21.1%)
Something else (please post below)
0 (0%)
Single expansion from Carcassonne Minis
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Poll: Next Expansion League  (Read 17029 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Next Expansion League
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2017, 02:08:15 AM »
Having thought about this a bit more, how about a league where everyone plays home and away, and the home player picks one major expansion of choice. This might add a bit of variety.

An alternative, but similar, idea might be to do something like the basegame league which is divided into a number of rounds. And each round uses a different set of expansions that are revealed at the start of the round when the fixtures for that round are announced.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2017, 03:01:11 AM »
Having thought about this a bit more, how about a league where everyone plays home and away, and the home player picks one major expansion of choice. This might add a bit of variety.

I like the idea in general but for a tournament I don't think it's the best way to go because conditions won't be the same for all players in each game.

Offline Adrornalin

• Duke
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2017, 03:24:29 AM »
I voted for all Minis. (except Wind Roses if there is still this bug where you can undo your turn, place the Wind Rose again and get 3 pts again. and again,..)

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »
We don't have to add wind roses this time even if we proceed with minis. Some people might object to adding too many expansions after all.
I cannot agree on the idea of doing the same things all over again just because some of us missed the early ones. I myself missed the first world cup and c'est la vie. What is not good about starting now with the minis and participate in the leagues of major expansions later when the most people have played the most expansions? We will always get new members who want to play in leagues. What if they join after the second round of major expansions and want a third round before any other expansions are ever played in leagues.
If we do go back to Inns & Cathedrals, I would recommend adding the phantom, just so that we're not simply repeating, but adding some more elements and fun.

Offline magillaHU

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 12:46:08 PM »
I vote mini-expansions or SMALL EXPANSIONS BOXES AGAIN !!

--->  IN ONE LARGE BOX IN NEW ILLUSTRATION DESIGN LINE (with 7th corp-cirlces II !!! of course  :yellow-meeple:)

NEED in another new 6 mini / small expansion boxes
( I have some ideas on my PC with rules & figure options)
with another 14th surprise mini-expansion. - maybe this year our little fan team will contact HiG to probe our idea with official background...

:blue-meeple: :red-meeple: :white-meeple: :green-meeple: :pink-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :black1-meeple: :gray-meeple:

...who knows the future: the meeple ! ("by magillaHU  :yellow-meeple:")

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »
btw Wind & Roses undo bug was just fixed in 3.4.3

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
I wrote an e-mail to farin and have received the detailed answer:
1. About pig herd in River II:
Quote from: farin
So my official solution will be
- score pig herd by default only when T&B is enabled;
- plus I am going to add custom rule "score pig herds separately" which enables previous behavior;
- (GQ11 house rule option will remain unchanged, it simply turns on/off presence of pig herd on ffff tile - which will affected same as River II herd by other options).
2. About Ferries:
I like Ferries, it's clean nice expansion without fortune. If there is demand for it, I can make priority from it.
3. About Count of Carcassonne:
The reason why I didn't finished this in past that I was afraid about too much user interaction when something is in the City of Carcassonne (each player who has something there must pass or deploy). But it's probably not an issue. Any way at this point it is IMO less interesting (and as I see it it's less important then Hills & Sheep, the official big expansion which should definitely be there).

So, as a conclusion:
Let's make some commitment to push things forward and try to release 1 + 2 in three weeks as next release.

"Count, King, and Robber" and "Carcassonne Minis" have equal votes now, but I haven't voted yet, so my vote is decisive :) After much thinking I'll give my vote for the "Count, King, and Robber". Firstly, this is numbered expansion, and I like numbers :D Secondly, I want to wait for implementation of Ferries in order to play "Carcassonne Minis League" with it included.
Now we have to wait for farin to fix pig herd (which he said is easy) and the next League can begin! :(y)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 10:58:26 PM by MrNumbers »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2017, 11:02:04 PM »
That's great news!  A massive merit to Farin from me!  :(y) :(y) :(y) :(y) :(y) :(y)

Offline Leven

• Viscount
  • Merit: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2017, 03:30:33 AM »
"Count, King, and Robber" and "Carcassonne Minis" have equal votes now, but I haven't voted yet, so my vote is decisive :) After much thinking I'll give my vote for the "Count, King, and Robber". Firstly, this is numbered expansion, and I like numbers :D Secondly, I want to wait for implementation of Ferries in order to play "Carcassonne Minis League" with it included.
Now we have to wait for farin to fix pig herd (which he said is easy) and the next League can begin! :(y)
This decision means that the implementation of the Ferries isn't that important now. And it's reasonable that in this post farin said he would deal with the Count of Carcassonne first. I would suggest that we should wait for this before we start the next league.

Offline farin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2017, 12:26:09 AM »
Hi guys

implementation of The Count is iun progreess. I not certain about following situation

Red player just placed cloister. 2 pts road has been finished and blue is going to move his follower from City of Carcassone on the road.
During scoring he receiving 2 pts. red player is receiving nothoing.

And now after scoring, did Red caused opponent score without receiving no points which allows him move his own follower into City of Carcassonne?

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 01:25:06 AM »
In my opinion, Red can't move his follower into City of Carcassonne in described situation.
Quote from CAR (emphasis - mine):
Whenever a player places a tile that causes at least one player to score points,
And footnote 208:
It is clear from the wording that only scoring caused by placement of a tile can trigger placement of a follower in Carcassonne. Thus, scoring from non-landscape-tile related events (such as the Dispatches or paying a ransom for the Tower) would not trigger follower placement.

Offline farin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2017, 05:46:00 AM »
MrNumbers: My problem is how to qualify difference agains common scoring. On the first sight I think Red can't move, but why.
Road was completed by tile event which triggers it's scoring. And it can contains combination of original followers / placed by City of Carcassone

imagine little bit different situation (now Red has follower in CoC):
Blue is already on the road. And Red place tile and close the road and than before scoring move his follower from City on that road.
Now both scores - there is probably now doubt that Red is not allowed to move his follower inside CoC afterward.

But whole situation is not much different from my first example. There some situation and move from CoC changes a result of scoring.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2017, 06:07:18 AM »
Now I carefully have read Order of Play:
Followers from City of Carcassonne get moved to the features on step 7e.
Scoring occurs on step 7h.
Opportunity to place follower to City of Carcassonne is on step 8c, so at that moment it is already clear, if someone from City of Carcassonne has received some points.

OK, I agree that Red should have an opportunity to place a follower into CoC in described situation.

Offline farin

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2017, 01:20:45 AM »
Status update

I am not satisfied with current UX. It's hard to follow what is happening and what opponent played.
Similiar problem already exists for Tower, where you must be really careful about placing on top of tower.
With count it's much stronger.

Also situations when you placed follower and then you are alowed place to City of Carcassone looks strange, because
action panel did not change (you still see follower action)

I decided to susped this expansion, current impl is not good enough, and focus on UX stuff first.
My idea is add general game log when you easilly see all past action. Something similiar was already proposed
https://github.com/farin/JCloisterZone/issues/56

Unfortunatelly I would like to make one big interal change which helps a lot (not only for this - it open my had for AI imporvemtns, better undo and eg Ferries expansion)
I am working on it.

But, I recomment not to wait to Count for next league round. Current estimation for new realeasi is 2 months.

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2017, 05:30:27 AM »
Thanks for the update, farin.
But, I recommend not to wait to Count for next league round. Current estimation for new release is 2 months.
Given the information above, I propose to play Carcassonne Minis League with existing Mini expansions: Flier, Goldmines, Mage and Witch and Crop Circles. If no significant reason will be given for not to do that way, soon I'll publish a signing-up post for that League.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Next Expansion League

Started by danisthirty

19 Replies
Last post February 06, 2015, 01:09:23 PM
by Hounk
xx
What next for the Expansion League series?

Started by danisthirty

24 Replies
Last post July 01, 2016, 08:16:29 AM
by Jéré
xx
The Next Expansion League (Again)

Started by danisthirty

28 Replies
Last post May 06, 2015, 09:12:51 AM
by Decar
exclamation
Completionism Poll #10 - Favouritism Poll #3 : Die Schule