Author Topic: Australian looking for a European post-forwarder  (Read 2569 times)

Offline blaice

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • Carcassonne: An enduring obsession
    • View Profile
Australian looking for a European post-forwarder
« on: May 15, 2018, 07:22:31 AM »
Hi mates,

I'm very new to this beautiful obsession and am down to the last few rares for collection (Die Pest, Die Belagerer etc.). Unfortunately I live in Australia (for flat-earthers, this is known as "The End of the World") and most sales seem to be occurring in Europe where postage is almost free. Getting stuff individually sent down here is obscenely expensive (on top of those rares already being so expensive) and so I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to help me save a few dollars (euros) by post forwarding. I have a few purchases I want to consolidate into one shipment but need a temporary hub somewhere (preferably Germany or UK) as these sellers don't ship internationally. I've already checked out commercial post forwarding and the cost:benefit is not really justifiable for something as small as boardgame parts. Not sure how it would work as trust with strangers would be a big part of it but definitely welcoming any suggestions.

Regards,

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3956.0

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Re: Australian looking for a European post-forwarder
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:29:20 AM »
Happy to help - I am in the uk
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Mr Meeple

• Freeman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »
If you need someone from Germany I'm happy to help. If you want to know if someone from here is trustable, you might ask the community if he/she is legit. So far I have made great experiences with the guys from this forum  :yellow-meeple:

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 04:45:10 AM »
Hi blaice.

I'm in the UK and would also be happy to help if required, but it looks like Rosco has also volunteered to assist from the UK side if necessary.

Yeah, trust is always going to be a thing. But we're generally a very trustworthy community here, and always happy to help each other out! Especially with things like this.

Best of luck,
Dan :blue-meeple:

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »
I would say that help in post-forwarding is one of most common things occurring on this forum. You can probably see a lot of similar posts.

Offline meepleater

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 03:40:25 PM »
As a fellow Australian, I have also found people here to be trustworthy and generous with their time in post-forwarding.

Good luck with finishing off your collection!

Offline blaice

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • Carcassonne: An enduring obsession
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 07:44:30 PM »
Thanks for all the support, it is appreciated. Have been able to source Die Pest fairly reasonably with a few other gap minis (Die Windrosen II; Der Graf; Kathedralen Deutschland etc.) I didn't previously own. I'm blown away by all the offers of help as well as the impressive completionist collections I've seen from all your profiles. I've tried to respond back to all of you in the community who posted here or PMd me. Ended up taking up Mr Meeple on his offer as all the purchases I made ended up being in Germany with mostly nation-only conditions of shipment. For Die Pest I think I paid about 20€, which was excellent given the last month they've all fetched at least double and triple that. I also felt justified monetarily in that Der Fluss II and III cost me about the same. However, I think Die Belagerers and/or Die Katharer are a little beyond me at the moment and would degrade my sanity had I paid 80€ for six (6) tiles. I just can't quite reason with its state of rarity, yet I respect the market nonetheless.

Hopefully some benevolent knight will offer up his/her Carcassonne estate some day! Anyway, thanks for helping me get closer to that illusory 100% Carcassonne collection.

/Peace

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
thumbup
European Union

Started by cicerunner

47 Replies
Last post October 19, 2020, 11:23:01 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
New European Union law may affect this site.

Started by Paul

7 Replies
Last post September 22, 2018, 06:26:55 AM
by Sinscerly
xx
Import fees when buying from Amazon European stores?

Started by AdamJBavier

6 Replies
Last post April 21, 2017, 10:25:09 AM
by AdamJBavier
xx
European Team Championships

Started by danisthirty

17 Replies
Last post November 10, 2020, 12:31:25 PM
by DrMeeple
exclamation
BGG post - known tile error in 2014 edition ?

Started by cicerunner

3 Replies
Last post March 22, 2021, 11:32:15 PM
by cicerunner