Author Topic: A Welcome Tournament for New Members  (Read 94230 times)

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Re: A Welcome Tournament for New Members
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2015, 12:37:45 AM »
And the last game of the night... Merlin_89 vs Halfling (or maybe Halfwit, he misspelled his name, we joked a lot about it).

It was well after 1 am., I wanted to finish it quickly, I finished my cities as smoothly as I could, and I went ahead in points quickly, then I haven't let go. I blocked Halfling's city, I had meeple advantage, so I only tried to control the game.

103 Merlin_89-Halfling 74

Couldn't be more happier and satisfied, I finished all my group games!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:39:54 AM by Merlin_89 »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2015, 05:03:27 AM »
A Merit for Merlin_89 for finishing Round 1.  And well done for winning all your games  :(y)

Here's the updated X-score sheet.

There's still 5 games left to play in this group.

Please let me know when your games are scheduled!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2015, 06:38:00 AM »
QueenAlkie - This is your final call.  If you cannot acknowledge your participation on the tournament before the end of Friday 31st July, I will open your place to another participant.

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2015, 07:47:45 AM »
QueenAlkie - This is your final call.  If you cannot acknowledge your participation on the tournament before the end of Friday 31st July, I will open your place to another participant.

Twitter might be a good way to reach her (https://twitter.com/queen_alkie), if she's not responding.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »
Everyone's had direct emails and PMs from me and participants.  franks, spikey_dino and Koremu have been able to let me know they were away on holiday, but still keen to participant when they returned.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »
A Merit for Merlin_89 for finishing Round 1.  And well done for winning all your games  :(y)
Yep, well done Merlin_89 for managing to play all of your round 1 matches, not to mention winning them all! We'll all have to look out for you in future rounds!

Please let me know when your games are scheduled!
Everyone's had direct emails and PMs from me and participants.

I'm still struggling to get a response from spikey_dino , koremu and QueenAlkie to get our games scheduled despite sending PMs, numerous posts on here and a personal email :(

However, at least I've played quite a few practice games over the last fortnight with several different folk and have experienced a variety in playing styles broadning my knowledge and understanding of the game.

It's been very quiet on here / chatroom tonight, so I'm going to go now after waiting around for 2 hours just on the off-chance that someone from Group 2 would show up when I said that I was available to play (knowing that it would be a long shot, but keen to get these games played).

Hope to catch up with you guys soon,
Rich.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2015, 03:57:43 AM »
All:

I have not heard from Queen_Alkie - Thus I have decided to remove her from Group 2.

Rich_The_Fish has mentioned his son Piklach, would love to compete.  I see no reason to not give him first refusal.  Piklach, would you still like to enter the tournament?

Spikey_dino has also been in touch with me.  I am afraid to say she has had to step down from the tournament.

This means that there is currently a vacant space in the tournament.  Please spread the word and let anyone you know who is interested, and would qualify that a space is available.

Koremu, please let us know what your availability is like this coming week.

Offline Piklach

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2015, 06:57:45 AM »
All:

I have not heard from Queen_Alkie - Thus I have decided to remove her from Group 2.

Rich_The_Fish has mentioned his son Piklach, would love to compete.  I see no reason to not give him first refusal.  Piklach, would you still like to enter the tournament?
I am available to join the tournament and would like to participate. I am not quite sure what I'm doing next week so I will post when I am available to play a match.

Offline Lukey-Dukey

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2015, 07:36:35 AM »
Spikey_dino has also been in touch with me.  I am afraid to say she has had to step down from the tournament.

This means that there is currently a vacant space in the tournament.  Please spread the word and let anyone you know who is interested, and would qualify that a space is available.

Hi everyone. My name is Lukey-Dukey and I am Piklach's younger brother. I would really like to participate in the welcome tournament for new members too if you're happy to let me join?

I may have just joined the forum, but have played a few games in recent weeks with other forum members who I met in the chatroom. In addition, I have played Carcassonne with my brother and Dad (Rich_The_Fish) quite a bit, and would love to see if I can improve my skills and beat them both in this tournament - that would be great! :)

Hope to hear from you soon.
Lukey-Dukey  :blue-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2015, 12:21:56 PM »
Piklach : great to have to you aboard - I see you're already playing Ailurus!

Piklach will replace Queen-Alkie

Lukey-Dukey:  I am really happy to see your enthusiasm and activity in the chatroom & playing games.  I was slightly hesitant that we would not be letting another family take part.  But as I see it:  Rich_The_Fish, Piklach & Ailurus are happy for you to join in; which is over 50% of the remaining participants.

Lukey-Dukey will replace Spikey-dino.

Let's organize some matches and get Group 2 completed  :(y)

Offline Ailurus

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2015, 04:59:29 AM »
Played my match with Piklach yesterday! Nice game, Piklach built quite a few small cities during the match. We didn't have enough meeples left to score half of the cloisters. Small fight for the big city (top right), I managed to get a meeple majority in the end. Same story for the central farm, but Piklach was paying more attention to the other farms than I was :)).

Piklach :black1-meeple: 87
Ailurus :red-meeple: 107

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2015, 06:30:59 AM »
Just played my match with Lukey-Dukey.

114 to me, 105 points to Lukey-Dukey

This game got incredibly tense as to who was going to win the 'Great Farmer War'. Lots of sneaky farm expansions from both of us!

Offline Piklach

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2015, 11:53:38 AM »
I had a fun game when I played Lukey-Dukey. It wasn't the hardest game I've ever played but I still had to think carefully about some moves. Personally I don't think that he tried his best but I cant help that. He started building a big city and I thought it was over until I got a road to block him, then I saw the opportunity to put a stop to his city and I couldn't help myself from totally annoying him. It looked like he was finished but then he completed small features and his points started to build up again... But it was too late and he didn't have enough points or meeples and unfortunately lost.
Ending scores:
Piklach:91
Lukey-Dukey:65
Thanks for the game Lukey  :)
Piklach :black1-meeple:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2015, 11:58:22 AM »
Sounds like you both learnt some good lessons from this game.  If you can identify a few key mistakes I'm sure you'll think twice before doing it again  :(y)

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
Hey guys,

Great to see that the tournament is progressing. As I see I still need to play against lomdr and frank. I'll try to schedule a game with them. However, I just wanted to let you know, that I would like to finish my first round games by the end of next week, since I'm going on holiday for two weeks then. I'm not quite sure if I can play any games during the holidays, so this is just to let you know what happened to me, in case you'll wonder about what might have happened to me. :D
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
grin
Welcome Tournament

Started by Decar

11 Replies
Last post August 23, 2015, 09:24:51 AM
by Decar
xx
Welcome Tournament 2016

Started by Decar

256 Replies
Last post January 07, 2017, 02:36:52 AM
by Adrornalin
xx
Welcome to the new forums / explanation for downtime

Started by Scott

50 Replies
Last post May 27, 2014, 08:05:28 PM
by BenTF
xx
Any last things need doing before opening doors to all members?

Started by gantry

68 Replies
Last post February 26, 2013, 12:49:42 PM
by Scott
xx
Members and Fan-Meeting - 13.10.2016 in Essen, Germany

Started by kettlefish

38 Replies
Last post November 04, 2016, 09:40:47 PM
by CKorfmann