Author Topic: A Welcome Tournament for New Members  (Read 94519 times)

Offline Ailurus

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: A Welcome Tournament for New Members
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »
Just finished playing the third game of this tournament, ToastyToast vs. Ailurus. Overall a pretty exciting and slightly unusual game! We got quite a few junctions in the beginning, nothing too impressive. Couple of small cities, Toasty finished one of mine by mistake — for a second I thought it was a challenge for my long road. Toasty deployed a farmer quite early in the game which paid off, the eventual field/farm was worth a lot! We both might have been a bit eager deploying our meeples as at several times we didn't have any left. If we had, Toasty might have had some advantage as he got all cloisters. My challenge to the main field/farm proved futile so in the last few moves I had to deploy farmers in some of the smaller fields. I got to finish some medium-sized cities though, that might have been the deciding factor in the eventual scoring.

ToastyToast: 77 :blue-meeple:
Ailurus: 86 :red-meeple:

Thanks for a nice game Toasty! I'll post the screenshot in a minute.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:15:34 PM by Ailurus »

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »
Here are two games:

1. Curt–Safari (101–128)
2. Halfling–Safari (146–78)

There is nothing very remarkable about the game with Curt. For the big city both of us got the points, so we started battling for the field. A fight that I won in the end. Good game, Curt!

The game with Halfling was interesting because I built a neat big city and could defend it for quite a while. But than Halfling managed to snitch in with two followers and close it within some five turns. Good tiles played absolutely brilliant, Halfling!

Thank you for the games, guys!

Here are the screen shots:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:00:06 PM by Safari »
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline Ailurus

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2015, 04:00:18 PM »
I'm curious about the story behind the enormous city in the Halfling-Safari game :o

Offline Curt194

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2015, 04:23:23 PM »
Good game with halfling 114 to 80 with a close fight for the farm towards the end of the game!

Screenshot attached.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »
Well done to everyone getting all these games completed this weekend:

Group1:

Group2:

Please double check your scores, it's pretty late and I'm very error prone :)

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2015, 05:08:40 PM »
I'm curious about the story behind the enormous city in the Halfling-Safari game :o
Ok, if you're that interested, here is a plan of everything, since it is quite complicated. One is with coloured numbers, so you can see who placed which tile. The one, with white numbers, is there if you can't read the coloured once.

So, first I placed the green follower 1 (1), then started enlarging the city at the bottom (2, 3, 4). Than Halfling placed the yellow follwer 2 (5), and I reacted in placing follower 3 (6). Both of us managed to connect the followers to the city (7, 8). So the city was still mine and I wanted to close it. However, I only got tiles with many city borders (9, 10, 11, 13, 14), what allowed Halfling to place his other two followers, and the two tiles connecting them to the city within the next turns (12, 15, 16, 17). So I wanted to place more followers: First I wanted to place one on the top, but Halfling closed the city there before I could place it (18). Therefore, I tried to enter the city on the right and placed a follower there (19), but the next turn Halfling closed here too and got the 50 points (20).

I hope you understand how everything worked. It was incredible. I had no chance to snitch into the city again since Hafling got perfectly fitting tiles one turn after the other and placed them very good. No chance. :)

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2015, 10:53:11 AM »
I'm giving you a merit just because you remembered the order the tiles came out! That's a good skill to posses and a great way to analyse defeats.

Does anyone have games scheduled for this evening?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2015, 12:16:53 PM »
game1 - Curt194 and Merlin_89 are playing their game now.

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
134 Merlin_89 - Curt_194 73

Finished within 20 minutes. Curt_194 gave me a scare while he tried to finish big city... ultimately I blocked it. After that, I had safe meeple advantage and used it ruthlessly (especially on farms).

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2015, 10:39:46 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm back from the travel portion of my vacation and have the rest of this week off work. Could I please rely on the peeps in my group to send me an invite? Evenings are still the best time but I will try to make other times work in my Zone (GMT-6).

Also still intimidated by the app until someone can help guide me through the first time, (I am a bit rubbish with computers in general).

Thank you, lets play!
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »
Hi franks,
please come online to the chatroom. Rich_The_Fisch will play with you a friendly game.
In the chatroom we will tell you some more details.

http://sydby.com/carcassonne/irc/index.html

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2015, 01:07:26 PM »
Just in case any tournament players are monitoring this thread, currently Merlin_89 (Group 1) and myself (Group 2) are in the chatroom. We've both still got a few games to play in the first round, so feel free to arrange a game.

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2015, 11:35:04 PM »
Large chunk of games in Group A was held last night. Ultimately I finished all my group games.

First was: Merlin_89 vs. Franks
He had a momentum, he led by at least 10 points for first half of the game. Franks quickly finished his roads, cities, he even made me wait for one tile in 2 of my cites, wasn't looking good for me. But then I got good tiles, he made some wrong meeple placement decision. In the end, he still had chances to close city for around 30 points...

103 Merlin_89-Franks 67

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2015, 12:03:15 AM »
Then, it was: Franks vs. Halfling

I was hosting and observing that one. They went toe to toe immediately... and it was balanced game for most of the time, until it wasn't. Franks finished city for 38 points, and nothing could be done. They fought for field, but I knew that point gap was too large...

124 Franks - Halfling 96

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:49 AM »
Thanks for the reports merlin_89 ! Glad you saved frank's and halfling's game too.

The farming in the first one look intense and quite a few cities left incomplete. Looked like a great game.
I'll update the x-score asap!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
grin
Welcome Tournament

Started by Decar

11 Replies
Last post August 23, 2015, 09:24:51 AM
by Decar
xx
Welcome Tournament 2016

Started by Decar

256 Replies
Last post January 07, 2017, 02:36:52 AM
by Adrornalin
xx
Welcome to the new forums / explanation for downtime

Started by Scott

50 Replies
Last post May 27, 2014, 08:05:28 PM
by BenTF
xx
Any last things need doing before opening doors to all members?

Started by gantry

68 Replies
Last post February 26, 2013, 12:49:42 PM
by Scott
xx
Members and Fan-Meeting - 13.10.2016 in Essen, Germany

Started by kettlefish

38 Replies
Last post November 04, 2016, 09:40:47 PM
by CKorfmann