Author Topic: Exploding Kittens  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
Exploding Kittens
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »
I received Exploding Kittens as a birthday present from my 92 year old grandparents.

It's an enjoyable variant on Uno.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2468.0
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Exploding Kittens
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
A merit to you because I can't give one to your grandparents.  They're down with the kids if they got you Exploding Kittens.  Mine is sat here waiting to be popped open.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 01:27:15 AM »
Backed it on Kickstarter mainly because I was already following the artist.
As a cardgame, in fact, it doesn't add that much more to Uno but the art add on it self the extra laughs.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 11:46:32 AM »
We have this and Kittens in a Blender.  Both are ok, but I prefer Kittens in a Blender.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 03:11:46 AM »
I've seen recently Tom Vasel's review of "Kittens in a Blender", and while I would by no means take it set in stone, what he tells, I sure get his point on this one. I was wondering myself while watching, that either he got the rules terribly wrong, or there is no real choice than the most obvious one (put opponents cards in the blender, your own ones in the box, etc.), up to a point, where the game plays you instead you playing the game. I have not played it, though. (Nor had I been played by it.) This just bases on the way, he describes the rules.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 03:13:52 AM by Hounk »

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 04:32:10 AM »
I wouldn't say the game plays itself, but the strategy is obvious.  Yes you are mostly putting opponent cats in the blender and your cats in the box, but you have to decide when it's a worthwhile play to sacrifice your own cats or save them.  With 4 players, you really don't have much control. Like Exploding Kittens, it is a quick filler game.  Nothing more.

The dice tower guys love Jamaica and for me that game plays itself.  Basically you roll dice and get 3 cards.  Depending on the dice and your cards, the choice is obvious.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter