Author Topic: Carcassonne 2.0 + Expansions  (Read 42357 times)

Offline loki

• Duke
  • Merit: 7
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne 2.0 + Expansions
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2015, 06:47:56 AM »
While CundCo at least seams to have at least there amount of mayor eypansions, Z-Man Games now lists 1-3 and 5 as "out of stock". Even stranger, I did not find any trace of the "Carc 2" version of the site, while the original version is listed and in stock. Looks to  me like a reconsideration, that the new version wasn't that good idea after all, otherwise, they would at least feature this version as "out of print".

In the meantime in BGG Forum the people are "guessing", that the expansions will be reprinted in new artwor, soon, but there hadn't been any hint for that, had there?

Carcassonne 2  is there just much further down the list of Carcassone products on z-man .  It shows as out of stock but due for a reprint.

REPRINT IN PROGRESS - DUE TO RETURN Q3 2015

http://zmangames.com/product-details.php?id=1714

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2015, 07:02:56 AM »
Ah, OK, thanks. I was googeling for "z-man games", followed the link for "Carcassonne" and saw, that all of the expansions were listed and linked there on the side, but not the new version. So, I assumed, they removed it. Oddly enough, it is not featured on the starting page, either, while the old version you'll find, when klicking on "best sellers", so you really have to know, what to search for, when you want to find this version.

However, although it still seams like "guessing", it's probably a safe guess, that they will redo the expansions, too. Otherwise they would not bother reprinting the new version of the BG, rather let the old version getting oop, and then reprinting that one.

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 07:08:56 AM »
I don't like the new look. Nor do I like that the base game has rule changes however minor. I just don't see the point.

Offline spikey_dino

• Freeman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 07:43:41 AM »
The very premise of the game depends on hidden backs, so there's just no way they'll print the tiles on both sides. The tile bag doesn't even come with the base game. In the original you're supposed to draw from face down stacks. I'm sure this is just poor phrasing.

That said, it's beginning to sound like they're definitely switching to new art across the board if your reseller is to be believed, instead of 2.0 being a one-off. In that case, sounds like my collection is nearing completion, because there's no way I'm buying anything with that cartoony art. I've got enough of an OCD problem that it would drive me crazy to have mismatched fronts and I'm just not going to own two copies of everything. My money can be better spent. Not sure why they feel the need to alienate their biggest fans by blowing up their collections like this. How many new people are really gonna be drawn to the game because of a redesign? Sigh...

"Alienated" is a good way to describe how I feel.  A large part of why I enjoy this game is that I find it fun to see a beautiful city built on my table and even if it is OCD or pedantic, the truth for me is it is less fun to build a mis-matched city.  I won't be buying anything with the Carc 2 artwork, so if that is all they release from here on out then they've lost another (previously obsessed) customer.

Offline HongMing

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2015, 06:59:04 PM »
Any news about this matter ? Is Carcassonne will have expansion ver 2.0 or what ? Since I'm new in Carcassonne, before i collect all the expansion. Waste money to collect double thing

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2015, 11:50:30 PM »
Hi a1215121270, welcome to the forums! :(y)

You may be interested in the following post:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1917

I could be wrong, but it seems from this as though Carc 2.0 is here to stay now that the major expansions are being released with the new artwork.

Hope this helps.

Offline HongMing

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2015, 09:59:41 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, nice to meet all of you guys  :)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 04:13:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum HongMing!

I expect the new Carcassonne Expansions will be available around Essen 2015.

Offline HongMing

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 06:00:14 AM »
My opinion about this, it doesn't matter if carcassonnr release the new version which is called 2.0 as long as they stop production the old version. And the winning point of new version if they release an expansion that the old one doesn't have. Of course for new version must release all the available expansion.

People will stop buying the 2.0 if the old version still release a new expansion.

What do you think guys ?

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 08:25:42 AM »
My opinion about this, it doesn't matter if carcassonnr release the new version which is called 2.0 as long as they stop production the old version. And the winning point of new version if they release an expansion that the old one doesn't have. Of course for new version must release all the available expansion.

People will stop buying the 2.0 if the old version still release a new expansion.

What do you think guys ?

but i dont want to spend another 300-400 euro just to have my entire collection updated to 2.0.. i think that is the problem of most people.

I will only buy carcassonne 2.0 the base game + unique expansions to 2.0. but i prefer they keep updating the old style..

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2015, 08:30:53 AM »

What do you think guys ?

but i dont want to spend another 300-400 euro just to have my entire collection updated to 2.0.. i think that is the problem of most people.

I don't necessarily have a problem with you spending 300-400 euros to update your entire collection to 2.0... O:-)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »

What do you think guys ?

I don't necessarily have a problem with you spending 300-400 euros to update your entire collection to 2.0... O:-)

:o No? I was under the impression you liked me!

On a serious note though. If there will be a bigbox with the entire new collection, i wont deny i wont buy it if for a good price

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
You can buy the old and the new as you see fit, for the tiles themselves do, well, fit.  :)

It's a matter of graphic style clash that many have an issue with. Even I am somewhat hesitant when it comes to mixing old and new.

But in the end I love collecting tiles more than worrying about conflicting graphics. What really made my decision to stop worrying about this is that even the old art clashes heavily that it makes no difference anymore. The Plague and Big Box 5 are good examples when comparing to the older sets.

Paul  :yellow-meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2015, 09:04:21 AM »

:o No? I was under the impression you liked me!

Of course I do  ;D :(y)

However, I also suffer from an unfortunate inability to resist any opportunity for sarcasm!

Offline HongMing

• Vagabond
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2015, 08:14:07 PM »
It will be suck if we already collect all the expansion series in old style and of course you will hope that carcassonne old style still release the new expansion. But what will happen or will you do if there will be no more old style release anymore for new expansion ? And all the new expansion will release in ver 2.0 ?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
WTS multiple C1 & C2 expansions, mini-expansions, meeple sets and accessories

Started by corinthiens13

26 Replies
Last post March 15, 2021, 02:18:33 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
Expansions Featuring Other Expansions' Features

Started by Whaleyland

4 Replies
Last post October 28, 2014, 05:24:15 AM