Author Topic: Priority: Need Links to New CAR  (Read 30189 times)

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 18
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: Priority: Need Links to New CAR
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »
Count, King and Cult are all included already.

The 10 year box was the original game with an expansion that is (so far) not available anywhere else. That is the worst kind of packaging a company can do. If that is to be included then all other versions should be as well: Original, original with River, original with Corn circles, Limited edition etc.

I like the background - everything is there as far as I can tell.
"We do not want to make someone buy a whole set just to get a few new cards. We like our fans!" - Donald X Vaccarino

Link

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »
If we start including things like stickers, we'll have to add cookie cutters, pillows, coffee mugs... Already busy enough with the actual expansions.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 18
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 01:00:18 PM »
If we start including things like stickers, we'll have to add cookie cutters, pillows, coffee mugs... Already busy enough with the actual expansions.
Yes, let us not turn this into Munchkin any more than what HiG already has done.  O:-)

Offline danielbrie

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »
Shouldn't we include the 10th Anniversary meeple shaped box? Wasn't that the actual release packaging for the 10th Anniversary tile expansion? Or am I off on that one?

What about the Meeple stickers - are we discounting them? They did come through Speilbox but I suppose they are not an actual expansion.
About the 10th Anniversary edition, I bought it separately  as stated on BGG: "This expansion was originally packaged with Carcassonne: 10 Year Special Edition, but was also sold separately by some retailers." Only thing new in there was the Festival expansion. We already have the base game in there.
You are right, Meeple stickers are not considered an actual expansion.
 :meeple:

Offline danielbrie

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »
Count, King and Cult are all included already.

The 10 year box was the original game with an expansion that is (so far) not available anywhere else. That is the worst kind of packaging a company can do. If that is to be included then all other versions should be as well: Original, original with River, original with Corn circles, Limited edition etc.

I like the background - everything is there as far as I can tell.
Finally, a member that is coherent with my vision. If it's a way to have all Carcassonne, I think what's shown in the image you should have. Nothing more, nothing less.  But if you choose another combo or package, that is your option, but in the image is all that you can get.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 01:18:26 PM by danielbrie »

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
Thank you for the new cover, danielbrie. That's one less thing that I have to do for the new CAR.

The new Standard and Winter CARs (v6.3 and v1.1, respectively) are underway. I'm not posting them yet because there aren't massive changes at this point, so I thought I'd let the dust from the new website settle first.

I also just uploaded the current versions of the CARs to the BGG files area -- hopefully they show up there soon.

Offline danielbrie

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 04:41:19 PM »
Thank you for the new cover, danielbrie. That's one less thing that I have to do for the new CAR.
I'm glad that you find it useful. This is my last intervention on this topic, I've tweaked the image (colours and optimising) a little. Here it is:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9308/carcassonefront.jpg
If you need another format, resolution or dimension please let me know.
Awaiting for the new CAR.

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
That's a definite improvement over what we had in v6.2 8)

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 06:11:47 PM »
Good job on the cover! I really liked the cutout images Harper did with his, but this came out pretty nice. To the new CAR!
PM me for for a list of remaining items from the Carcassonne Shoppe.

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 12:23:25 PM »
If you need another format, resolution or dimension please let me know.

The latest version of the artwork should work perfectly.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 03:25:33 AM »
Shouldn't we include the 10th Anniversary meeple shaped box? Wasn't that the actual release packaging for the 10th Anniversary tile expansion? Or am I off on that one?

What about the Meeple stickers - are we discounting them? They did come through Speilbox but I suppose they are not an actual expansion.
About the 10th Anniversary edition, I bought it separately  as stated on BGG: "This expansion was originally packaged with Carcassonne: 10 Year Special Edition, but was also sold separately by some retailers." Only thing new in there was the Festival expansion. We already have the base game in there.
You are right, Meeple stickers are not considered an actual expansion.

It does seem to me that if we include Wheel of Fortune we have to include the Anniversary addition for consistency. They are both "base game" releases with an Expansion included. I cannot draw a distinction between the two.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline danielbrie

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 04:08:07 AM »
It does seem to me that if we include Wheel of Fortune we have to include the Anniversary addition for consistency. They are both "base game" releases with an Expansion included. I cannot draw a distinction between the two.
There are two major distinction between them and that are the watermark and the tiles. The watermark it's on all the Wheel Of Fortune tiles, depicting another game mechanic and being able to separate them from the other base tiles or expansions. If you look at the tiles from Anniversary Edition you will see no watermark, hence they are perfectly similar with the original base game, except the 10 tiles from the Festival expansion that came with that. Basically, it's a base game repacked with an expansion. Not the same can be said about the Wheel of Fortune, there are slightly different tiles in there compared with the base game (it's like Corn Circles I compared with Corn Circles II, almost the same, but slightly different).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:12:25 AM by danielbrie »

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 06:43:41 AM »
Looking good. Just to clarify something here, I hope that you realize that you're reproducing covers that don't exist in reality. Those products do not exist and thus the collector can't search and buy them. No game releaser have this. I think that we are loosing meaning here. I ask, are we showing a complete (released to date) Carcassonne collection or are we showing a collection with custom elements? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a troll, I'm just wondering...

People were bemoaning the fact that some tiles had no box image because they didn't come in a box. I'm creating box covers to address this issue. Whether they end up getting used or not, I'm having fun doing them. All of the box covers that I'm making are for real expansions that you can buy, they just don't come in that particular box. If people find that confusing, then perhaps we just live with the tiles images.

"Wheel of Fortune" refers to the expansion portion rather than the entire game. You're not playing a game called "Wheel of Fortune", you're playing Carcassonne with the Wheel of Fortune expansion. The 10th Anniversary Edition comes with the Festival, but that fact is a mere tidbit in the corner of the box. It's a different situation, but it still might be nice to have it on the cover - perhaps in the center of the box images? Giant meeples are cool. :blue-meeple:

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »
it still might be nice to have it on the cover - perhaps in the center of the box images? Giant meeples are cool. :blue-meeple:

Heh, I wrote a big long paragraph citing case law and precedence, going on about how adding a watermark does'nt mean the publisher didn't just re-release the base set disguised as an expansion - when I thought "You know what? Scrap that idea. This argument is just silly."  ;D  But - for the sake of being "complete" I think 10thAnn should be included. I will sleep ok tonight if it isn't though.

I do find it commical however that we are contemplating making up boxes for those that don't have one...while discounting those that do.  :o

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 12:37:20 PM »
Interesting observation...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CAR links on Carcassonne Central home page out of date

Started by CarcinFool

13 Replies
Last post August 26, 2015, 12:16:48 PM
by rfielder
xx
Web Links & Resources for Board Games

Started by Bixby

2 Replies
Last post June 07, 2014, 12:33:58 PM
by Bixby
xx
Forum links

Started by Rosco

11 Replies
Last post May 16, 2015, 09:42:34 AM
by loki
xx
WikiCarpedia - Shorter links - Change default mediawiki from index.php to ...

Started by Bumsakalaka

7 Replies
Last post June 17, 2023, 04:03:21 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Conclusions for the CAR because of the new German rules

Started by kettlefish

9 Replies
Last post December 11, 2013, 11:10:30 AM
by Carcking