Author Topic: CHarity Raffle/Auction  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
CHarity Raffle/Auction
« on: December 05, 2019, 01:50:49 AM »
I would like to organise a Carcassonne (plus other games potentially) competition to raise some cash for charity - i am unsure as to whether to do this as an auction or as a raffle.

I have a few carcassonne items which are desirable and Danisthirty has offered to donate a couple of other things as well - i am looking a this point for an input to see which way will raise the most money - i am open to any ideas. 

At the moment the prizes i have are Unopened Tunnels, crop circles, spieldoch, little buildings, and i may yet decide to auction off part of my Carcassonne 1 collection or maybe in its entirety , i also have a couple of spin offs which may be included.  i will take any other donations of prizes!

The reason for doing this is that i am raising £15000 for Mind, The dogs trust and mountain rescue by doing a completely insane physical challenge (400km, 3.5 times the height of everest running in one week) and i am doing some other smaller fundraisers to add to the final total.

I can tell you far more about it all but for now this will be sufficient.

Please tell me some ideas

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4435.0
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: CHarity Raffle/Auction
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 02:44:51 AM »
Hi Rosco!

Incredible initiative!  :(y)

If I understand okay, for the raffle format you would set a fixed price, right? I think auctions raise more money... It depends of course on the number of participants and their interest. You may decide the format per item...

+1 merit from me.

Cheers!
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 03:12:54 AM »
For a raffle, I would sell tickets at £1 or £2 and try to sell as many as i could and either one person would win the lot, or several people would win smaller prizes.

For the auction, people would bid for the item.  This could be a blind bid (not public so only I know how much) or a public auction like ebay style.

Thanks

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 03:44:54 AM »
Hey Rosco. Good luck with this initiative. I hope it brings in a lot of money for your noble and worthwhile causes.

In all likelihood, the majority of any money raised here will be through people wanting to get hold of the rarer, more valuable items that they don't already have. An auction gives them more control in this respect as they can simply bid very high to ensure they get what they're after. A raffle is more random of course, but people can still buy extra tickets if they want to improve their chances of winning. With this in mind, an auction is likely to bring most money but I think probably better to do it publically rather than blind.

Good luck!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 08:33:43 AM »
Great causes listed here Rosco.
Wonderful to see the forum being put to good use.   £15000 is quite some number, I hope we can help you!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Charity Auction

Started by Rosco

137 Replies
Last post October 07, 2020, 11:18:51 AM
by Rosco
xx
Carcassonne South Seas Prototype Tiles: Charity Auction

Started by danisthirty

7 Replies
Last post June 29, 2016, 02:21:38 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Giant Carcassonne + auction + mini exp. (05.03.2019) SpielDoch! Exhibition (ger)

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

6 Replies
Last post April 02, 2019, 03:42:40 PM
by Folkydokey
xx
EBay auction - Star Wars

Started by Rosco

0 Replies
Last post December 16, 2015, 02:10:32 PM
by Rosco
xx
Ebay Auction: Count, Cult King