Author Topic: Order of the Meeple  (Read 47565 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Order of the Meeple
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:29:41 AM »
Hello!  :)

As previously announced, The Order of the Meeple is now here and I’ve painstakingly linked it in with my master list of scores and results from the first three online tournaments to have been run here at Carcassonne Central. Now that the final match of the Traders & Builders League has been played, I’m pleased to be able to share the following with you:

(I will track these stats throughout each subsequent online competition and update once it is complete - if you wish to opt please let me know)

Obviously it's early days yet and I'm expecting/ hoping that it will grow quickly, but we do already have 6 members of the Order of the Meeple as below:

Yellow membership level: Jere & rfielder  :(y)
Green membership level: Rosco  :(y)
Blue membership level: danisthirty, jungleboy & MrNumbers  :(y)

I will update the list again once the current Inns & Cathedrals league is complete, and with subsequent tournaments thereafter, and I’m expecting to see new members becoming part of the Order or progressing upwards through it with continued participation.

Please let me know if you think you’ve achieved something that hasn’t been ticked-off (or if you’re feeling especially honest and you think I’ve ticked-off something that you haven’t achieved). I’ve done my best to keep this as accurately as possible but mistakes certainly can creep in. Please also check the list of achievements below as there have been a couple of subtle amendments to these since they were initially publicised:

:meeple: Order of the Meeple: Yellow
Yellow-1: Participate in at least two online tournaments (anything since and including the 2014 Base-game League)
Yellow-2: Participate in at least one weekly game

:green-meeple: Order of the Meeple: Green
Green-1: Be a Yellow member
Green-2: Finish in the top half of all competitors taking part in any online tournament
Green-3: Win any tournament match by 35 points or more
Green-4: Hold at least 2500 Career Points

:blue-meeple: Order of the Meeple: Blue
Blue-1: Be a Green member
Blue-2: Reach the knock-out stage (top 8 ) of a World Cup style online tournament
Blue-3: Win any tournament match by 60 points or more
Blue-4: Hold at least 3500 Career Points
Blue-5: Complete any individual tournament with a Total Score Differential of 75 points or more
Blue-6: Hold at least 30 Career Experience Points
Blue-7: Win a weekly game against at least 3 opponents using any combination of expansions

:red-meeple: Order of the Meeple: Red
Red-1: Be a Blue member
Red-2: Finish in the top 3 of all competitors taking part in an online tournament
Red-3: Win any tournament match by 80 points or more
Red-4: Hold at least 5000 Career Points
Red-5: Maintain a Career Score Differential of at least 350 points
Red-6: Hold at least 55 Career Experience Points
Red-7: Beat 2 existing Blue members (or higher) in a head-to-head, base-game only, best of 3 games style challenge match

:black-meeple: Order of the Meeple: Black
Black-1: Be a Red member
Black-2: Win an online competition
Black-3: Hold at least 8000 Career Points
Black-4: Maintain a Career Score Differential of at least 700 points
Black-5: Hold at least 80 Career Experience Points
Black-6: Beat 2 existing Red members (or higher) in a head-to-head, base-game only, best of 3 games style challenge match
Black-7: Beat a mystery opponent in a head-to-head, base-game only, best of 3 games style challenge match
Black-8: Win at least 5 weekly games against at least 3 opponents (all major expansions 1 – 5 should be included at least once)

Thanks to everyone for your participation so far! As you can already see, the number of people taking part in our online competitions is growing, and there are currently 21 people involved in the Inns & Cathedrals League.  8)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1618.0
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:17:57 PM by danisthirty »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Order of the Meeple
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 06:18:14 AM »
Great work Dan.

A random observation: both quevy and Carcking have everything required for the green meeple except Green-1, which is to already hold the yellow meeple. So if either of them plays just one weekly game, they will achieve yellow and green straight away. And if quevy won that weekly game, he would also have everything he needs to achieve blue as well. So he could achieve three different colours with just one game!

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 12:56:09 AM »
Dan,  what are career experience points? And I must get some sort of gold star for being on 0 career differential!
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:07:35 AM »
Dan,  what are career experience points? And I must get some sort of gold star for being on 0 career differential!

Career Experience Points are awarded based primarily on finishing position within individual competitions. You get 1 point per competition you take part in, regardless of finishing position, and 1 extra point for everyone else you finish ahead of in any particular competition.

So, you finished 8th in the Traders & Builders league. 18 of us took part in that so you finished ahead of 10 people and got 1 + 10 Career Experience Points. You're guaranteed at least 16 more (18 at the most) from the current league as the lowest finishing position you can get after finishing 2nd in our group is 6th overall and there are 21 of us playing.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 07:33:20 AM »
Even though the game to settle 13th/ 14th place in the overall ranking of the Inns & Cathedrals league is yet to be played, I've updated my CarcC online tournament record with the rest of the results and have updated the "Order of the Meeple" checklist too:

(click to open in a new window in full size)

Members of Carcassonne Central have now played 253 games between them as part of the four tournaments we've held, and a total of 72,746 points have been scored in the process! A huge thanks to everyone who has been a part of this, I hope you've enjoyed the various competitions as much as I have (most of the time  ;))

Congratulations to the following members who have achieved new membership levels as a result of their participation in the last tournament:  :(y)

:blue-meeple: Rosco
 :green-meeple: Jere
 :green-meeple: Leven
 :green-meeple: Quevy
 :green-meeple: rfielder
 :meeple: B1nder
 :meeple: Decar
 :meeple: Hounk
 :meeple: monwil

Already looking forward to the next one!  :) :(y)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 12:22:07 PM »
Huge congratulations to MrNumbers who has become our first member to complete all achievements to satisfy membership of the order at the Red level!

:red-meeple: MrNumbers  :(y)

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 12:54:33 PM »
Congratulations MrNumbers, I think that soon will serve the rules to be meeple gray :)
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »
Congratulations MrNumbers! Very well deserved. While I'm here, should I mention the results of our challenge last month? :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 02:05:53 PM »
Congratulations MrNumbers, I think that soon will serve the rules to be meeple gray :)

Since nobody else will ever reach it, I think it should be a pink meeple...  ;D

Congratulations MrNumbers! Very well deserved. While I'm here, should I mention the results of our challenge last month? :)

Yes you should, but I guess you have more important things on your plate at the moment. I should post screenshots from our match too, along with my match against MrNumbers...

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 02:45:48 PM »
Congratulations from me, too, MrNumbers.  :(y)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 12:38:17 PM »
Thank you, guys! ;)
Jungleboy also is one challenge match away from achieving :red-meeple: level.
Now the fight begins for :black-meeple: level! >:D
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 12:07:41 PM »
So I guess I need to play a weekly game and hold at least 2500 career points to get green?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 05:54:28 AM »
So I guess I need to play a weekly game and hold at least 2500 career points to get green?

Sorry to keep you waiting so long for a response to this ny; my spreadsheet was at work and I wasn't! Here's a quick summary for you:

Expansion League #1: Traders & Builders
Finishing Position: 10
Experience Points: 9
Points scored: 1449
Score differential:  +12

Expansion League #2: Inns & Cathedrals
Finishing Position: 15
Experience Points: 7
Points scored: 878
Score differential:  -298  :o

Expansion League #3: Abbey & Mayor
Finishing Position: 9
Experience Points: 13
Points scored: 1333
Score differential:  +3

Overall
Experience Points: 29
Points scored: 3660
Score differential:  -197 (boosted by 86)

Full results and membership level updates for everyone will be coming later this week...  :(y)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 06:22:58 AM »
Question about Red-7:

Do I need to be Blue myself in order to challenge existing Blue members? I presume that it is not a requirement since it is possible to fulfill a Red or even Black acheivement even if someone is Green, for instance.

Could you confirm? Thanks!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 06:33:27 AM »
Question about Red-7:

Do I need to be Blue myself in order to challenge existing Blue members? I presume that it is not a requirement since it is possible to fulfill a Red or even Black acheivement even if someone is Green, for instance.

Could you confirm? Thanks!

Good question!  :(y)

I don’t know if we’ve discussed it much in the open, but as you get towards the higher membership levels it is expected that there will be fewer and fewer members. If anyone at any level can issue a challenge to those at these levels then it would become increasingly difficult for the members being challenged to respond within the preferred time limit as there could quite feasibly be too many challenges for them to respond to. For this reason, I think it was decided somewhere along the lines that players should reach the blue level before being eligible to challenge anyone. But that once they have reached this level they may then challenge anyone at blue, red or black.

I hope this seems fair and sensible to you?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
1 Gold Meeple 1 Silber Meeple 1 Bronce Meeple

Started by nili3000042

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2022, 07:46:56 AM
by Halfling
xx
The Order of the Meeple

Started by danisthirty

48 Replies
Last post May 17, 2015, 05:29:02 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Order of the Meeple: Challenge Matches

Started by danisthirty

54 Replies
Last post April 26, 2018, 03:07:36 PM
by danisthirty
xx
Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers

Started by rbanks88

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2021, 12:18:24 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
WTB: The Collector’s Case, Plushie Meeple, Jelly Meeple, etc.

Started by asp204

0 Replies
Last post December 21, 2020, 06:07:08 AM
by asp204