Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII  (Read 34821 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 03:31:53 AM »
Q3:
The last game of the Mixed Minis League (including The Fliers, The Goldmines, Mage & Witch and Crop Circles 2) was played towards the end of October. Unusually however, there were two players who completed it without losing a single game! One of them went on to win the competition, but who was the other?

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 07:59:02 AM »
Greetings from Brugge! :)

Q4:
For the third year in a row, Decar planned, organised and ran our GenCan't SoloCon competitions in August for those of us who couldn't make it to Gencon. The "Abbots Walk" competition was won with an impressive score of 1137, but which forum member managed this particularly impressive feat?

If you think you know who this was, please PM me with the answer - don't answer here!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:04:21 AM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 08:28:53 AM »
Greetings from Amsterdam! :)

Q5:
I ran another "Spare Bits Giveaway" in November this year, and was delighted to see the generosity that this inspired in so many forum members! One of the items I gave away was a spare tile from a set of 12 that were originally produced as exclusive prizes for everyone who completed the Advent Quiz last year. Who claimed this in the giveaway?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 04:07:13 AM »
Greetings from... the sea (somewhere) ???

Q6:
Our 2017 basegame league ran from January to September. This was settled over a total of 210 games of Carcassonne played between 15 of us, with 39,011 points being scored in the process! Two competitors found themselves in potentially winning positions at the start of the final round, but who was it that put Merlin_89 on the receiving end of his only 2 - 0 loss, thus allowing Jéré a chance to snatch the top spot away from him?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 05:27:53 AM »
Greetings from... home :(

Q7:
In January I proposed the idea of the "10 x 10 challenge" specifically for Carcassonne. This is something I borrowed from BoardGameGeek, but with a twist that involved playing 10 specific expansions on at least 10 occasions each throughout the year. Unfortunately I fell behind after a month or so as I struggled to motivate myself to keep track of all the games I'd played and soon dropped the idea, but not before I'd completed a game against one other CarcC regular via JCloisterZone. Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 02:54:53 AM »
Q8:
In June, the announcement of a special, limited edition expansion - "The Market of Leipzig" - left those of us without plans to visit either the Leipzig or Essen game fairs feeling somewhat disappointed, then relieved when it became available on Cundco soon afterwards! But according to their post-Essen report, one forum member spent the first three and a half hours of their annual Essen pilgrimage repeatedly queueing up to get hold of as many boxed copies of this expansion as possible. Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 09:11:21 AM »
Q9:
As much as we all love playing Carcassonne, there's always plenty of room for discussion about other games too. In fact, one particular forum member posted several detailed reviews of various games this year, including Imhotep, MintWorks, Isle of Skye and the Spiel des Jahres award winning Kingdomino. Who was this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »
Q10:
This grade four/ five class teacher posted in June to tell us about how they were sharing their passion for Carcassonne with their class. I was particularly impressed that this involved watching a "How to play Carcassonne" video at the start of the school year, and playing boardgames every Friday! However, the best part of the post was that one of the boys in the class was given a Carcassonne set for his birthday as a result of this! Who shared this news with us?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 02:45:16 AM »
Q11:
Despite our mutual love and appreciation of many boardgames (especially Carcassonne of course), it became apparent in February that some of us have somewhat differing opinions over a certain Swedish furniture/ homeware giant. Few people sat on the fence in this fierce debate and it was lovers vs. haters to the bitter end! One member stood out from the rest of the fans in terms of his commitment though, by admitting to owning a special soundtrack CD that is played in the car during journeys to this particular store. Who could possibly do something like this?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »
Q12:
Sadly, a rather serious-looking computer error caused the loss of our latest Elo ratings update in October. But which forum member had to call technical support to get their laptop fixed?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
Q13:
After much searching of sofas, an unlucky forum member discovered in February that they were missing a fairy! :( Fortunately however, another forum member with a spare fairy was on hand to offer a replacement and an agreement was made (presumably) via private message. So today's question is; which forum member was careless enough as to let their fairy escape?

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 01:27:51 AM »
No protection from the dragon...it must have been a horrible fate!  >:D

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 04:10:57 AM »
Q14:
Jungleboy brought shame to Carcassonne Central in May when he started a new topic as somewhere to share what games are on our "Shelves of Shame". Some of us admitted to owning far more unplayed games than others, and some of us were too embarrassed to admit how many unplayed games they own... :-[ Carcassonne: The City seems to have brought the most shame overall (which is a shame in itself :'(), but who received a card-based version of Monopoly (this particular version being something that will always have a special place in my heart :-*) as a birthday present and is yet to play it (or was at the the time they posted anyway)?

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:23:21 AM by danisthirty »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 03:18:22 AM »
Q15:
We were joined in November by a new member seeking advice on which expansion to ask for as a birthday present from their grandma. 24 of us voted between Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders and Princess & Dragon with I & C being the eventual winner (despite not being as much fun as T & B :P). Who was this forum member?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2017, 06:49:43 AM »
Q16:
In June I gave away a number of tiles that had been signed by Klaus-Jürgen Wrede. :(y) I only had 8 to give away which meant they were snapped up very quickly and were soon on their way to their new owners. These tiles came from a variety of expansions including the Festival, Princess & Dragon (a magic portal! 8)) and even a corner of the city of Carcassonne. But which forum member claimed the lake tile from the River expansion?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXIII

Started by Meepledrone

206 Replies
Last post January 24, 2024, 03:47:00 AM
by Challa007
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXIX

Started by Meepledrone

151 Replies
Last post October 29, 2021, 08:41:39 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXX

Started by Meepledrone

210 Replies
Last post November 03, 2021, 09:48:24 AM
by Allograft
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII

Started by Meepledrone

331 Replies
Last post May 15, 2023, 12:09:47 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII coming soon...

Started by Meepledrone

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2022, 01:44:55 AM
by Challa007