Author Topic: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)  (Read 273870 times)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
Re: KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2017, 08:17:47 AM »
Following my last comment on this thread during the morning, the Sallon Tycoon - Ranch Expansion is now here.  ::) :P :-[ :-X
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2017, 08:18:45 AM »
Following my last comment on this thread during the morning, the Sallon Tycoon - Ranch Expansion is now here.  ::) :P :-[ :-X

Already backed  :-[

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2017, 08:42:50 AM »
I will back it to, but I'll probably back down from pleadging MeepleSource A&B+N&F sets now.

And there is now a re-print of Essen 2016 Avenue with Kodama art titled Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodama, but I'm not sure the art alone is enough to pull me into this.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »
This sucks. It's not even new kodama art. They've reused exactly the same assets in another game. That's not even thematically linked....it's just lazy.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 23, 2017, 03:41:03 AM »
This sucks. It's not even new kodama art. They've reused exactly the same assets in another game. That's not even thematically linked....it's just lazy.

Just saw the playthrough/review videos at the campaing, and I don't believe it is a game for my taste.
Altough I love the art from Kodama and would like the exclusive promo cards they are offering together with Kokoro I'm not taking the bait.

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 23, 2017, 08:35:24 AM »
The campaign for the expansion to Roll Player just started.  No brainer for me.  Great game and the expansion looks to be essential.  If you missed it the first time, there is a bundle with the base game and it is EU and AU friendly.

Roll Player: Monsters & Minions

UPDATE: It funded in three hours and is blowing through stretch goals now. 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:09:20 AM by CKorfmann »
Flee the fleas.

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 30, 2017, 08:01:41 PM »
Cthulhu inevitably appears in Carcosa (onne)!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1707132801/carcosa-a-lovecraftian-board-game-of-cults-and-mad

I haven't looked at the project that closely but it has more than a similarity in name to Carcassonne. It seems to have an interesting tile selection mechanism and, as described, a Lovecraftian theme. Apparently it also has elements of Area Control, with plenty of 'take that' in the game. 

Here is a basic description from the designer, answering a question about the similarity to Carcassonne:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1779053/are-there-similarities-carcassonne

Are there similarities to Carcassonne?

"It sounds like you're not going to like this answer, but yes - the basic mechanics of placing a tile, matching the landscape and deploying your cultists are the same as Carcassonne but...

What you get from completing areas, how you select tiles from a shifting set of stacks, how your cultists are deployed and returned and the victory conditions are all different.

In addition it adds a strategic layer of hidden information (all tiles are double sided and hide stuff worth fighting for but only the player who placed that tile knows exactly what is on the other side), it includes rituals you can power up and then cast that allow you to modify gameplay in various ways and I've never played a game of Carcassonne where your dudes are in danger of being driven mad or devoured.

Finally, we've had both people who hate Carcassonne play Carcosa and love it and people who love Carcassonne have a demo and decide its not for them, so from both ends of the spectrum its been judged as different enough!

You're obviously welcome to make up your own mind, but hopefully you will see that Carcosa is different enough to be it's own beast.

We will be releasing the full rulebook in the Kickstarter as well as a free Tabletop Simulator version so you should have plenty of opportunity to make an informed decision - we don't want anyone to feel they've been tricked or misled about what they are getting with Carcosa."
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #577 on: May 30, 2017, 10:43:20 PM »
Looks very interesting. I noticed yesterday that 'one free elephant' is at the uk games expo. So will be visiting their stall on Friday.  Hopefully they'll have a demo!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2017, 04:15:47 AM »
Cthulhu inevitably appears in Carcosa (onne)!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1707132801/carcosa-a-lovecraftian-board-game-of-cults-and-mad

I haven't looked at the project that closely but it has more than a similarity in name to Carcassonne. It seems to have an interesting tile selection mechanism and, as described, a Lovecraftian theme. Apparently it also has elements of Area Control, with plenty of 'take that' in the game. 

I am not sure it looks different enough to warrant a purchase.  At least galaxies of Triang made the tiles different and added ships.  Here they just double sided the tiles, changed drafting, and threw Cthulhu at it. 

I may try playing Carcassonne with this tile drafting mechanic.  It will give the mayor something to do.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 04:36:01 AM by dirk2112 »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2017, 05:15:59 AM »

Offline Dragonlord

• Count
  • Merit: 15
  • More complex is, more I like it.
    • View Profile
    • Land of Dragons
« Reply #580 on: June 06, 2017, 09:11:28 PM »
Rises of the tribes, already funded. Could be interesting, meeple, catan style tiles, dices, cards.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/admagic/rise-of-tribes

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #581 on: June 07, 2017, 12:07:10 AM »
If any of you backed Airborne in Your Pocket way back in 2012, you will be happy to know that you may still receive your game, albeit from an entirely different publisher. Check out https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1791816/light-end-bunker for more info from the game designer. I, personally, am thrilled that I may actually receive this game after all these years.

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 07, 2017, 07:01:00 PM »
If any of you backed Airborne in Your Pocket way back in 2012, you will be happy to know that you may still receive your game, albeit from an entirely different publisher. Check out https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1791816/light-end-bunker for more info from the game designer. I, personally, am thrilled that I may actually receive this game after all these years.

I saw this as well as soon as it was posted and it was very happy news. I don't think there are any guarantees but I had hoped someone would step up and pick up the series. It's also good to see the designer retain or regain the rights, (if that's the case).

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 08, 2017, 08:24:55 AM »
Besides the usual delays and some lower than expected quality components I never had a botched pledge.
I'm not a backer of AIOP but I'm glad there is still hope.

In the meantime I managed to avoid the temptation of going all in on the A&B and N&F upgrades of meeple source. Am I sorry? Well probably but considering the overall top notch quality of both games, why spend more than 100EUR in wood tokens when the boxes are already heavy as $#!? and seeing very little table time.

I did end up with additional cashflow, so on top of Sallon Tycoon - Ranch Expansion now on its last campaign days I'm also backing Air Deck - The ultimate travel playing cards, with the kids growing card decks are never too few and these seem sturdy enough for the family travels.

I'm also keeping a close look on Flow of History and Rise of Tribes not saying that I'll back either or both  ;D.
Flow of History sounds nice but the mechanics seem a bit on the complicated side, and  not wanting to compare the game but the theme, 7Wonders Duel suits me best.
Rise of Tribes seems to be a more heavy but in someway simpler on the mechanism, so I'm giving a even closer look, with does come with a steeper price tag.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2017, 03:11:46 AM »
I've played a few games of Carcosa over the last week and I have to say I'm impressed - I've written up a review of my pre-production copy - http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3385.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Keep track of your Carcassonne collection in your forum profile

Started by Scott

18 Replies
Last post April 27, 2022, 03:31:35 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watch It Played - Carcassonne

Started by Decar

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM