Author Topic: Abbot's etc  (Read 1926 times)

Offline gcardullo83

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Abbot's etc
« on: February 05, 2020, 05:10:18 PM »
Hi everyone,
I am writing this for my young son Greg. We bought a used Big Box 5 to play as a family game and it has become such a huge hit for us that we decided to buy more expansions (new of course). While perusing this sight we saw that there is an Abbot figure(s) We are missing the Abbot. Does anyone know where I can get some?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4504.0

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
Re: Abbot's etc
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 12:01:24 AM »
Hi everyone,
I am writing this for my young son Greg. We bought a used Big Box 5 to play as a family game and it has become such a huge hit for us that we decided to buy more expansions (new of course). While perusing this sight we saw that there is an Abbot figure(s) We are missing the Abbot. Does anyone know where I can get some?
You can buy abbots on the website 'cundco'. ;)

Enviado desde St. Meeple Hospital

I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 12:06:03 AM »
Hi gcardullo83,

Congrats for yor first post!  ;D

You can get abbots as spare parts on eBay or directly from Cundco.de (crazy shipping to the US) but you have to bear in mind that aboots are only useful on monasteries and on gardens. The latter are not present on old artwork tiles, and that is the case of BB5.

A workaround to play with abbots would be to get some extra plain meeples from Meeplesource.com and tweak them with a rubberband, for example. You could use the vineyards from Hills & Sheep as gardens as a plan B and test the concept.

To enjoy abbots fully you could get a new edition base game so you have the whole pack (gardens and abbots) for a decent price or even opt for a BB6 although the contents is not the same as BB5.

Mixing stuff from both editions comes with the issue that the gray figures were replaced by pink figures, so this is another issue to solve.

So your question was a simple one but it involves many decisions...  ;)

Don't know if this helped you or made your life miserable with so many choices to make.

If you need more help with any of the options, do no hesitate to ask.  ;D

Cheers!

PS: The German forum created conversions of the garden tiles for the old edition... This is another option if you feel like creating the garden tiles for yourself... but this is another story.  8)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:33:51 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Murphy013

• Marquis
  • Merit: 36
  • Tempus fugit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 02:03:11 AM »
Hi gcardullo83,

please check for abbots at Asmodee too. Maybe they habe spare parts too. if it isn't provided at their page, send them an email. It is also possible that Z-Man games has some abbots.
Another option is when you buy the base game for Carcassonne II (new edition), but i guess  that it is a little bit expensive to get the abbots.

Best

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTT Spiel 2021 etc / WTB blue bag, C1 coasters and other stuff

Started by Linkarssonne (Linksux)

13 Replies
Last post January 19, 2022, 01:12:29 PM
by Meepledrone
lamp
Meeple comparison (wooden, frozen, phantoms, teachers, minis, unofficials...etc)

Started by corinthiens13

25 Replies
Last post July 28, 2021, 12:45:31 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
cundco question / [WTB] meeples etc

Started by cicerunner

5 Replies
Last post February 07, 2020, 07:55:40 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
WTB: The Collector’s Case, Plushie Meeple, Jelly Meeple, etc.

Started by asp204

0 Replies
Last post December 21, 2020, 06:07:08 AM
by asp204
xx
Storage/Cases/Boxes etc

Started by Lord_Wishmaster

64 Replies
Last post January 10, 2017, 04:37:19 AM
by dirk2112