Linked Events

• Spiel 2013 with Comic Action at Essen: October 24, 2013 - October 27, 2013

Author Topic: Spiel 2013 at Essen  (Read 56737 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Spiel 2013 at Essen
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2013, 03:18:24 PM »
Joaquim00,
I don't think that has anything to do with the colour of the people.
Last year I don't know much people at Spiel so I went a long time around without much personally contact for talking or to play with other peoples.

Offline Tacita

• La folia!
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 18
  • The last cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2013, 07:17:02 PM »
Joaquim00,
I don't think that has anything to do with the colour of the people.
Last year I don't know much people at Spiel so I went a long time around without much personally contact for talking or to play with other peoples.

Yeah, but you are white and would not know. Just like I am a man and have no clue of all the bullshit a woman has to deal with every day.
"We do not want to make someone buy a whole set just to get a few new cards. We like our fans!" - Donald X Vaccarino

Link

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2013, 04:50:06 AM »
Sounds like it was good time for most of the Carc Central members.

A real shame to hear about Joaquim's experience. Good that you can see it wasn't necessary a German problem, but a world problem. I hope you can find some peace. I married a darker skinned (by Thai standards) Thai lady. In Thailand the darker you are the worse you are treated. Then because she's married to a white guy they treat her even worse.

Offline harvster

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2013, 05:57:37 AM »
Just like I am a man and have no clue of all the bullshit a woman has to deal with every day.

Sad but very true.

Offline harvster

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
  • Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2013, 06:11:43 AM »
I married a darker skinned (by Thai standards) Thai lady. In Thailand the darker you are the worse you are treated. Then because she's married to a white guy they treat her even worse.

I can comprehend that but can't say I understand that...  Sounds something like what I've heard happens in India re lighter coloured skin.  I'm wondering whether your wife is treated worse because the rest of them are jealous?

The world can be an ugly place.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2013, 06:26:00 AM »
At the Spiel you have Orks, Witches, Zombies.... some are from the Stone Age...

http://www.merz-verlag.com/fotogalerie.html

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2013, 07:22:15 AM »

I can comprehend that but can't say I understand that...  Sounds something like what I've heard happens in India re lighter coloured skin.  I'm wondering whether your wife is treated worse because the rest of them are jealous?

The world can be an ugly place.

Its a real mix of people. We treat everyone the same... Even those that aren't so pleasant. You never know when you might be the trigger to someone else changing the way they live

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2013, 11:34:06 PM »
MrNumbers has posted a nice review of our members-meeting at Spiel 2013 in Essen.

MrNumbers is admin from CarcL (Carcassonne-Latvija).

Here is the review.

Please use google translator, because the language is Latvian.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »
Excellent write up MrNumbers! Nice work - your passion for the game really shines through!
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
My day at Spiel 2013 in Essen - 24.10.2013:

The new halls at the Spiel:
The halls are big and high. It was very loud in the halls. And there were so many people at the Spiel...

We had some highlights at the Spiel 2013:
- my talk with HiG
- the whiteboard
- the surprising bags
- the members meeting
- Klaus-Juergen visited us at the Spiel
- the present for Klaus-Juergen Wrede - his birthday fan-expansion
- the game play: Carcassonne-South Sea
- my talk with Spielbox

- my talk with HiG:
My first date on that day was at the HiG booth with Georg Wild - clarification of the rule questions.
I was about 15 minutes to late - so we had only a short time to talk about the rules.
Some points are still not really clear for me, that means, I need to talk or to write again with HiG... - but more about the clarifications will come in the correct forums.

- my talk with Spielbox:
After the members meeting I had my appointment with Barbara Nostheide from Spielbox. It was a nice talk, but the result is, that I didn't get my answers for the still open rules questions (especially for "The Plague").
We decided that should be useful for all the Carcassonne fans that we will get one day some answers and we will work together the next time for logical clarifications.

more information follows....
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:46:19 PM by kettlefish »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
- the whiteboard:
After my talk with Georg Wild:
I've got a banana from someone at the HiG booth. Together with the HiG-team we were decorating the whiteboard. Georg Wild gave me some meeple magnets. First we had to unpack each magnet and then I put the meeple magnets on the whiteboard.  At the whiteboard we pinned the plans of the halls and some other information.
The whiteboard is big: 90x60cm - The transport in the train was interesting and at the metro in Essen: there were to much people - I had no choice to get in. The third one was mine - that was the reason why I was to late at the meeting with Georg...

- the surprising bags:
Then we were looking for the big box with the surprising bags... - we can't find the box. In the meantime I've got a banana from the HiG team...
Then someone from the HiG team rembered - the box could be at the tournament booth in the other hall. Together with Jasmin and Gerog I went to the next hall and we gave the people some cards for the HiG prize competition.
Then at the tournament booth: Thomas was not there - only he knows where he had put the box with the surprising bags... Again I had to wait...
Finally he came back and he gave me the big box. I looked inside and saw at the botton of that box the small box (a Dominion game box) with the small bags.
With that small box I went back to the HiG booth in hall 3.

more follows...

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:44:50 PM by kettlefish »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
- the surprising bags - part 2:

It was 10 minutes before 12pm... and I came back to the HiG booth.
Some of the members were waiting... But first I had to go inside the HiG booth (they had a small room) there I put in each of the small surprising bag my mini bags...
The small bag had a mini expansion and some other things...

And then I gave the members the small surprising bags at the booth . The laugh was great when they saw the Dominion box...
After that all the members went to the hall 1. I took the whiteboard with me...

A week before I called with Moritz Brunnhofer. Together we decided what pieces should be inside the two bags... He was thinking - hmm - something should come inside what I did not know - and yes he remembered correct - there were some surprising which I never bought in the past, because it was made of plastics...

The second surprising bag (the Carcassonne bag) included some stickers and a second mini expansion.

- the members meeting:

At the tournament booth the members meeting took place.
The members got the second surprising bag.
We talked together...
It was great to meet the members - and they gave me a present (the mueller box  ;D )
MrNumbers (our special guest) gave me also a present a cup from his home.
Carcatronn was also there. He had shown us his articles from the CarcassonneShoppe.
Lupa had made some meeple biscuits for all of us...
At CarcF we have the members: Udo (CoT), Herner Spielezentrum and Klaus-Juergen. At both forums (CarcC+CarcF) we have also the member: Hans-im-Glueck (HiG). With that power of these - we had the perfect place to talk and play and all the surprising bags...

Excursion:
- whiteboard - part 2:
Carcatronn put his magnetic pieces at the whiteboard. I have to say - the magnetics were looking perfect on that whiteboard...

- Klaus-Juergen visited us at the Spiel
And then Klaus-Juergen came... (earlier than I thought) - I was sitting on the floor at the botton of the small stage near the whiteboard and did some "office work" for the fourms... I looked up and Klaus-Juergen stood in front of me...
And we members didn't finished our signs for the birthday card for him...
He was laughing... - but we all finished our work...
Finally Klaus-Juergen got his present...
After that the members got some autographs from him and they made some photos and talked with him...

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:05:21 PM by kettlefish »

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
- the present for Klaus-Juergen Wrede - his birthday fan-expansion

Excursion: some moths before the Spiel:
Udo (CoT) told me that Klaus-Juergen Wrede would have this year his 50th birthday.
At CarcF we decided to create a fan-expansion to his birthday in August.
We created some ideas in August but we hadn't any rules only a starting tile and some ideas for landscape tiles.
Through HiG I've sent to Klaus-Juergen the first draft of the fan-expansion.
Maik and I met him at Leipzig in October. Klaus-Juergen asked for the finished version of his birthday present. There we promised him that he would get that present at our members meeting three weeks later.

So the members at CarcF had much to do in the short time. And we finished it. The rules and the fan-expansion are great.
"The chronicles of Carcassonne - birthday in the land of milk and honey"

The birthday fan-expansion:
- a new starting tile (2x3) with a picture from Klaus-Juergen
- 10 landscape tiles (10 different symbols)
- 90 tokens (9 tokens of each symbol)
- rules

Here is the link to the download section at CarcF:
http://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewforum.php?f=31
The thread is:
Geburtstag im Schlaraffenland

(we still haven't translated the rules in English yet - so it is only in German)

- whiteboard - part 3:
Excursion:
The whiteboard was also a part for the meeting that Carcatronn had with Moritz Brunnhofer at the HiG booth...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:32:52 AM by kettlefish »

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »
Thanks for all the nice reports kettlefish. The meetings, interaction and detail really gives us an idea what it will be like to actually be there.

What games did you get to play? Any really good new ones?

Did you get to play any Carcassonne with any of the members?

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »
Thanks for all the nice reports kettlefish. The meetings, interaction and detail really gives us an idea what it will be like to actually be there.

What games did you get to play? Any really good new ones?

Did you get to play any Carcassonne with any of the members?

- the game play: Carcassonne-South Sea

We had five tables at the tournament booth. Each playing team: 3-4 members. We all play the Carcassonne-South Sea. I played together with Maik, Koregan and Benny.
Four of the tables were round - it was not easy to play Carcassonne-South Sea at this small tables...
The best place to play had Carcatronn and his girl friend and mentor09 - they had a correct table for game play.
The other tables were used for a tournament. The people had in that tournament the last chance to came in into the German championsship. Two of our members (Christian H and his wife Cymoril) are playing there in that tournament. In that tournament the people also played the Carcassonne-South Sea.
Thomas from Herner Spieleverlag and Udo (Carcassonne-on-Tour) were also at our tables and they explain to us the rules and game play Carcassonne-South Sea.

At CarcF facebook are some photos from the members-meeting.
CarcF facebook - Spiel 2013
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:22:42 PM by kettlefish »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Clarification of rules-Talk with HiG-Georg Wild at Spiel 2013 in Essen

Started by kettlefish

22 Replies
Last post December 05, 2013, 06:21:44 PM
by Carcking
xx
BGG.CON 2013 - Dallas, Texas - November 20-24th, 2013

Started by Bixby

8 Replies
Last post November 19, 2013, 05:40:59 PM