Author Topic: T & B League: Group A  (Read 57139 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: T & B League: Group A
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »
Just need to sort some dinner out - shouldn't be more than an hour/hour and a half  that ok?

Cheers!

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2015, 09:19:59 AM »
yes thats cool:)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2015, 09:31:22 AM »
I see, I will get some work tonight after all games have been played

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2015, 09:47:34 AM »
Here is my game with Carcking.

Offline B1nder

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2015, 09:55:06 AM »
And here is my game with SRBO.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2015, 11:27:04 AM »
Here's my game with SRBO.

167Decar : 137 SRBO - Talk about luck of the draw.  All SRBO got was roads, roads more roads and the occasional cloisters; but every city he got he attacked with.  I drew some mega lucky cards to steal the majority Trade Goods then established numerous small farms for the end game.  I put my builder to good use at the start of the game, and equally well at the end, milking the tiles while I had the advantage.  SRBO attacked until the very end!  Hopefully we'll play again soon :)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:31:15 AM by Decar »

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »
Here's my game with SRBO.

167Decar : 137 SRBO - Talk about luck of the draw.  All SRBO got was roads, roads more roads and the occasional cloisters; but every city he got he attacked with.  I drew some mega lucky cards to steal the majority Trade Goods then established numerous small farms for the end game.  I put my builder to good use at the start of the game, and equally well at the end, milking the tiles while I had the advantage.  SRBO attacked until the very end!  Hopefully we'll play again soon :)

I was really unfortunate on this one.. Just like the one with B1nder i really had a bad draw. well played anyway

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
Just got beaten by SRBO 202-179. I made a stupid move mid game where I split a city instead of merging to give me the majority. Realised as soon as I hit skip what I did. SRBO got an early lead on trade goods, but I managed to get back in. Also had a lucky break at the end getting the tile to equalise the big farm, I had been waiting for a rrxx until SRBO tried to trap it. In the end, it looks like it may have come down to my mistake mid game. Oh well. Win some, loose some.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2015, 12:52:14 PM »
Many games since my last x-list.

Carcking has to play 4 games against:
- jungleboy
- Andrew the Ambo
- Decar
- SRBO
-----------------
danisthirty, Rosco, B1nder, ny1050220 have finished all their 8 games.
-----------------
The newest x-list follows...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2015, 05:53:03 AM »
I've been doing a little bit of analysis based on who might still win the group and what they need to do in order to do so. Four of us have already finished and I'm in the lead so far, so I've compared those still playing against myself...

I have 15 league points (5 wins) so anything less than this means no chance of winning. Therefore, anybody with 4 or more losses against them won't be able to achieve 15 points (since we each play 8 games). Sadly, this eliminates Andrew the Ambo and SRBO.

Technically, Decar could still top our group. He has won four games so far and has one left to play so if he wins this he will finish with 15 points meaning we go to the first tie-breaker. My total score differential is 326 and Decar is currently -130. This means that he would have to beat Carcking by 457 points to finish ahead of me...  :o

Jungleboy is in a similar position but with less of a mountain to climb. If he can beat Carcking by 110 points then he would also overtake me as he also has four wins behind him.

Finally, Carcking has managed 3 wins so far but has 4 matches left to play. If he can win 3 or more of them then he is guaranteed to finish at the top of the group. If he wins just 2 of them then the top spot will be settled by score differential, but if he loses 3 or more then he won't finish in first.

So there's still everything to play for!  :(y)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »
Here comes the new x-score list:

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2015, 02:05:54 PM »
If cracking loses the rest of his games, I will still come top 3!

I think
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:30:53 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Merged 2 posts »
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2015, 04:00:33 PM »
My last game is played - It was by far my favourite game, Carcking was playing me point for point right to the end. 

We constructed two huge cities knowing that if either player completed it they'd win.  But with both builders out of action neither of us could play 2 cities to complete in a row. 

I made a mistake with my builder by placing it on the bottom right.  Carcking made a similar mistake, by played for the majority on the left city - all the CCCC cards were gone, so he trapped 4+Builder vs 3 of mine!

I nabbed the big farm in the middle and lopped it off.  I got a road to place to pig but Carcking played the cloister for 9,  but I got an extra city for 4.  I played for a cheap farm with my last move.... look at the score:

Carcking 138
Decar 137

Carcking a brilliant game, heart racing with every move - Thank you sir!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:02:11 PM by Decar »

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2015, 05:08:27 PM »
I played two amazing games tonight - both against outstanding opponents. I won't be able to sleep for hours now  :-\

Decar - what can I say - that was THE most nerve racking game I have ever played - is that somebody's idea of fun and relaxation?? ;) Great game, well played!

Andrew the Ambo - also took me down to the wire. He got a lucky city tile draw earlier in the game which secured two trade goods for him along with a 22 point city. After that play he had all three trade goods in his pocket. That was awesome for him. I had to look for an avenue to win without the trade goods...a tall order. I got a lucky city tile draw very late in the game which secured the wheat for me, finally. Then it was down to small farms. I made a 1 point mistake with my pig at the end and flashbacks of Decar's game streaked before my eyes - I could just see the poetic justice in losing by 1 point after winning by 1 point. Yikes. In the end it was 6 points. Cudos to Andrew for playing the game close with his builder trapped about half way through! Another great game, well played!

I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2015, 05:14:48 PM »
The builder doesnt look happy!  I couldn't sleep after the game so stayed up for the results.

Which means Carcking has 15 points and two games to play :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Wts: need pricing help base,river,t&b,i&c,h&s, a&m

Started by DrManhattan

4 Replies
Last post December 04, 2019, 11:07:47 AM
by Willem
xx
Inns & Cathedrals League: Group B

Started by danisthirty

159 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 04:26:35 AM