Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 2957 times)

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Couple of questions
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:55:09 PM »
Hello there,

I've been eyeing up a nice, fair-sized order from CundCo as a nice holiday present. I had a couple of questions though. I've only tonight discovered amazing users on the other forum have ported some of the new art expansions to the old art style. I found them available as individual jpgs for each tile and together as a "sheet" in a pdf file. First question is, does anyone have any good tips or suggestions for how to get the artwork onto blank tiles? Do I print directly on the tiles, print on paper and glue the paper on, print on sticker paper and sticker it on the tile, or something else? If printing, in any form, what kind of printer / print settings should I use. If printing, is it a printing a place like Staples or a local print shop could handle?

Last question, with this in mind, if I was to get the gardens / abbot mini expansion in the old art style, other than buying a copy of CCII, where else could I get the abbots in :red-meeple: :yellow-meeple: :green-meeple: :blue-meeple: :black1-meeple: and :gray-meeple:?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2996.0

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 11:27:14 PM »
We have great section here - Crafter's guild. There you can find information about printing on tiles. Some helpful topics: one, two, three.

As for abbots, I heard that Cundco offers them, but I am not sure. Let someone else answer that question.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:55:46 PM »
We have great section here - Crafter's guild. There you can find information about printing on tiles. Some helpful topics: one, two, three.

As for abbots, I heard that Cundco offers them, but I am not sure. Let someone else answer that question.

Thanks for the reply. I read your first suggestion, and it definitely seems like an option I could handle. I have access to a laser printer and all that so I would just need to get the right paper which shouldn't be a problem.

As for the abbots, if I could get them from CundCo that'd be great but then again when I look at the website they make a note of saying the following, "Der Abt ist generell nicht als Ersatzteil erhältlich! Einzelne, verloren gegangene Äbte können ersetzt werden, jedoch keine ganzen Sätze!" which according to Google Translate translate as follows, "The abbot is generally not available as a spare part! Individual, lost abbots can be replaced, but not whole sentences!"

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 12:44:34 AM »
You will not get a whole set ("Satz" in german) of abbots from C&C, only one as a spare part.

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 05:27:02 PM »
So I did have a thought. I probably couldn't get a full set of Abbots from CundCo but I should probably get a :gray-meeple: Abbot because a base copy of CC II would get me a :red-meeple: :green-meeple: :blue-meeple: :yellow-meeple: and :black1-meeple: Abbot but getting a new art copy of Inns & Cathedrals wouldn't get me a :gray-meeple: Abbot but rather a :pink-meeple: Abbot.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Couple of expansion rules questions!

Started by DaFees

3 Replies
Last post February 16, 2014, 10:17:30 AM
by DaFees
xx
New Player, New to Forums, With a Couple Dumb Questions

Started by Fellwarre

3 Replies
Last post February 10, 2014, 11:55:57 AM
by Scott
xx
I would like to make and print a couple custom tiles. Any help?

Started by Drodo

20 Replies
Last post May 02, 2021, 10:14:05 PM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
The Ferries and the School interaction questions

Started by DaFees

5 Replies
Last post October 01, 2017, 12:32:33 PM
by Paul
xx
Corn circle questions