Author Topic: 2016 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage  (Read 22700 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: 2016 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
Last two games and also some statistics.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:26:46 AM by MrNumbers »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2017, 01:05:33 AM »
Many thanks to MrNumbers and Jéré for their stats. There isn't a lot I can add to this other than to post a list of finishing positions:

Things to note

1. The top 4 positions were decided based on the results of specific matches; the final (Jéré vs. Leven) and the 3rd/4th place playoff (khalidqasrawi vs. Joesesquipedalian [which was fun to type :o]). The four losing quarter-finalists and those who didn't qualify for the knock-out stage were ranked according to initial group position (low to high), then group points (high to low), then PD (high to low). This is demonstrated quite nicely in the "eliminated in quarter finals" section.

2. In the case of group D which included just 5 participants rather than 6 due to the absence of laura82 I awarded each player a win by default (+2 group points) but didn't modify their PD. I felt this was fair and necessary as the games should have been forfeited anyway, and because the ranking criteria took all groups into account which would otherwise have put members of Group D at a disadvantage against those who had played more games than they had been able to.

3. Unfortunately aenima had to drop out of group B and was replaced by Rich_The_Fish. Both are included in the table along with their relative PD adjustments but only Rich_The_Fish has been placed with a finishing position due to the fact that aenima dropped out. aenima is therefore logged as a DNF (did not finish).

4. Similarly to the above, laura82 is logged as a DNS (did not start) as she didn't play any games or otherwise take part in the competition.

5. The PD of the top 8 players has been adjusted to include the results of games played in the knock-out stage and so won't reflect what they were on at the end of the group stage.

Post-World Cup Order of the Meeple standings have been updated in my spreadsheet and I'll be posting that as soon as I've rediscovered how to upload a new Google document. ::)

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who took part. :) :(y) I'm told that the World Cup trophy should be on its way to Leven very soon and am already looking forward to the 2017 World Cup which will be organised by MrNumbers 8) so see you there! :blue-meeple:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:24:43 AM by danisthirty »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2017, 01:59:24 AM »
My pleasure!  :) Also thanks to you (and MrNumbers) for making all this possible!

It was again very exciting! ...and the number of games that were played in person! Wow!  :D

Timing was good with Essen (hint hint for next year)  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2015 World Cup of Carcassonne Central - Knock-Out Stage

Started by danisthirty

160 Replies
Last post February 08, 2017, 02:46:16 PM
by danisthirty
clip
2017 World Cup - Knock-Out Stage

Started by MrNumbers

121 Replies
Last post May 23, 2018, 02:54:30 AM