Author Topic: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck - 20th Anniversary edition  (Read 56944 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement from Hans Im Gluck
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 11:30:49 AM »
Any particular event that day?
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline PurpleMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 8
  • CII Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2021, 12:05:02 AM »
I expect to know more on Tuesday  :(y)

I'll be checking back on this thread all day so please don't keep us waiting :)   ;)

What if they release a Catapult Gold Edition?  >:D

I also hope that there will be no Carcassonne 3.0 release any time soon. I think there would be few who would genuinly appreciate it now.
What I wish the so far mysterious release to contain: new version of Wheel of Fortune, two brand-new miniexpansions, one Festival 20 years edition (after two issues, this is also a bit of a tradition now, right?), two hard-to-find CC1 minis in the new artwork (my preffered choices would be Besiegers and Tunnels).
What I expect it to contain: basic game, Festival 20, one new and one remade miniexpansion.

20 year edition with every remaining expansions converted to CII (WoF, tunnel, plague, wind roses, school, Darmstadt, catapult  ;D , Games quarterly, Cathars, tunnel, little buildings,  why not city gates and easter in carcassonne  ;D )

Just kidding  ;D

My thoughts:

Exp. 7 is the only major unreleased CII expansion :)) Not that it's what I'm hoping for, perhaps they could 'improve' it for CII though  :P

I am firmly in the 'please not CIII' camp. 

I also would not like to be buying a pricey set of mostly repeats just to get one otherwise unavailable expansion or a few tiles, if it is a big box then I'd really like it to be one that compliments BB6 rather than repeats most of it, much like Weetek23's wish. 

Even better O0 corinthiens13's suggestion, however unlikely, would actually be perfect for us CII collectors of course and would be a specifically ideal addition for my collection as it is now, however like Dacar said:

...  It's not too uncommon for things to not be quite perfect  ;)

Into the realm of Carcassonne daydreams  ;D :

The back of the tiles could be replaced with QR codes with the Carcassonne 'C' still there in the middle, QR link could open the specific tile's entry in an online database that would provide tile details like the expansion it comes from and highlight the minor details on the tile that might go missed but effect the game or scoring while playing certain expansions.  (if you get, or already have your next tile while previous player taking their turn then you can scan the back of tile using your phone without revealing the face, good for new players and little played expansions I think :) )

NFC equipped tiles that work with an App that could also use image recognition to identify your non NFC tiles could be even quicker possibly and potentially help facilitate over-the-web games of 'physical' Carcassonne or help find that last elusive expansion tile that is hiding amongst what is otherwise just the base set left to pack away..  (normally an Inn and Cathedrals tile for me - one without either on it of course ::) - anybody else experience this too?)

Of course if they did either of above then I would really want all my tiles/expansions to have it, so in that case I would be wishing for a Mega Big Box that contained all released CII content (including a 'last chance' to catch up with Spiel promos, why not  :P this is fantasy at this point lol) plus something new or at least converted from CI and new to CII. Surely they could do all this and keep it within the cost of that last Collectors Edition?  :P   Not asking much is it?  :)) :)) :))  If this happened then my concerns about CIII artwork and repeated expansions would be moot.. :)

PM
:violet-meeple:

It's all fun and games.. until you add The Tower expansion! ;-)

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »
We do all know that it's not going to be interesting don't we?

The fantasies are fun of course. Mine is probably some kind of value for money bundle that includes small but interesting minis and a streamlined insert that fits the base game box perfectly. But it's so obviously fantasy I can't even summon the energy to consider what those minis might be.

In reality? It'll be base, (Abbot, River) plus Inns & Cathedrals. Or, at a different price point, all that plus Traders & Builders and a limited edition copy of The Festival 20 and something else small and unique to the package.

If there's much, if anything, not mentioned above I'll be significantly surprised.

The aim is to generate publicity, boost market presence and generate sales. Not necessarily in that order. Whatever it is, it'll be conservative and will be aimed at the mass market - not any of us.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2021, 02:17:22 PM »
Maybe Wheel of fortune edition:with festival 20?

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

That'd be amazing!  :D

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 10:12:50 AM »
Not C3 : https://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne20/jubilaeums-produkte.html#content.

The fact that it's not C3 is great!  :D

But by looking at the size of the box (comparing the text's size with the box's width), I'm afraid it may be only the base game (maybe with abbot and river, or another mini instead but not much), in an expensive nice looking box, and an expensive nice looking rulebook...  :'(

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 10:16:48 AM »
Maybe with a golden meeple coin inside  ;D

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 108
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2021, 12:11:05 PM »
maybe, however let's stay vigilant, anything can happen

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 12:27:56 PM »
Anyway, it's good. All of aour official tiles and fan expansion tiles can be calm the we don't replace them for a while ;-)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2021, 12:37:21 PM »
maybe, however let's stay vigilant, anything can happen

Ha ha ha!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 108
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2021, 12:37:36 PM »
a little humor in these difficult times is always good

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2021, 12:41:01 AM »
Not C3 : https://www.hans-im-glueck.de/carcassonne20/jubilaeums-produkte.html#content.

The fact that it's not C3 is great!  :D

But by looking at the size of the box (comparing the text's size with the box's width), I'm afraid it may be only the base game (maybe with abbot and river, or another mini instead but not much), in an expensive nice looking box, and an expensive nice looking rulebook...  :'(
Are you afraid? Don’t be afraid you are right, normal C2 game with a mini expansion sure... 20th festival? This confirms my suspicious... They do again like 10th annyversary.. basic game with a mini expansion and only change the box... bravo HiG... I will not expect nothing more of HiG... Hype 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2021, 03:14:22 AM »
By Netherland publisher 999 games
https://www.999games.nl/blog-preview-bordspellen-eerste-maanden-van-2021
Anniversary edition is planed to May 2021 (language intedepend from 999 games or worldwide)?

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2021, 03:49:03 AM »
I think only the box will be language independant (for latin-letter-readers!) and without any further text, perhaps with a banderole or a sticker on the foil. The rules should be language dependent.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
Best expansions to complement 20th Anniversary Edition

Started by h0bbitses

7 Replies
Last post December 06, 2021, 01:14:39 PM
by Willem
xx
Carcassonne 20th Anniversary Edition featured in Spielbox 2021/4

Started by Meepledrone

18 Replies
Last post September 01, 2021, 02:40:48 AM