Author Topic: Gold Meeple 2017  (Read 5409 times)

Offline LaplazadeCarcassonne

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
    • La plaza de Carcassonne
Gold Meeple 2017
« on: October 09, 2018, 02:29:47 AM »
In January the 2018 gold meeple arrives. This was the top of the gold meeple 2017.

Pantelis Litsardopoulos - Greece

Revalidate the Gold Meeple!

Pantelis is synonymous with Carcassonne final. Sometimes he wins, as in the years 2013 and 2015, and other times he wins "the other". The difference is that "the other" changes every year and he is always in the carcassonne.

Tomasz Preuss - Poland

Currently Carcassonne world champion, Tomasz Preuss is second in the Gold Meeple. Preuss, who won five World Cup victories last year but stayed out of the highest positions, represents the great alternative to Pantelis to dominate Carcassonne during the World Cup. next years.

Matej Tabak - Slovakia

If he continues to participate, Tabak will win the first World Cup for Slovakia. For the moment, he usually waits for his final assault on the Carcassonne crown from the semifinals. This year it was in 4th position.

Martin Mojzis - Czech Republic

Never fails to the top positions of the World. He has played several finals being the world champion in 2012. His regularity is spectacular and last year he was at the gates of this ranking. This year he enters the 4th position with his sixth place in the world past.

Davide Sandrin - Italy

Close our Top5, Davide Sandrin. Unknown until now, he has burst into the Carcassonne panorama with his 3rd place in the World Cup. Will it remain high in 2018?

Regarding last year's ranking, Vladimir Kovalev (Russia), Takafumi Mochizuki (Japan) and Els Bulten (Holland) are out.

Origin: https://laplazadecarcassonne.blogspot.com/2018/01/meeple-de-oro-2017.html

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4093.0

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Re: Gold Meeple 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:39:04 AM »
Quick question:
What is the 'Gold Meeple'?
Is it an award that your blog hands out to players? How would someone qualify for the Gold Meeple? And is this the top from 2017 with the new award being awarded last January?
I'm sorry to ask many questions, but am missing the context of the post
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 03:45:06 AM »
Hello,
It's a prize that we give from the blog. It started in 2016. Information we gave when we created it  :)

-------

New year, new contents. And from Plaza de Carcassonne we have decided to create the Gold Meeple, a distinction for, in our opinion, the best player in Carcassonne worldwide. Every January we will meet the new Gold Meeple with our Top5.

To give this classification we will build on the successes achieved in recent years at the Carcassonne World Cup. It is important to win, yes, but so is regularity.

These are the best players in Carcassonne currently. At the head, the Greek Pantelis Litsardopoulos, first Gold Meeple.
Gold Meeple 2016

Pantelis Litsardopoulos - Greece

The best player in the world of Carcassonne today. He lost the final in 2016 but his history leaves no doubt.

Since 2013, he has always participated in the World Cup final and was the winner in 2015 and 2013. Unbeatable in the odd years ... he certainly looks forward to this 2017.

Matej Tabak - Eslovaquia

El Mundial se le resiste al eslovaco pero para nosotros está entre los mejores igual que la Naranja Mecánica no necesitó ganar un mundial de fútbol para ser eterna. Si continúa participando en el torneo, es cuestión de tiempo que consiga para Eslovaquia el Mundial.

Matej quedó 3º en 2012, 7º en 2013, 3º en 2014, 5º en 2015 y 4º en 2016.

Vladimir Kovalev - Rusia

Es el actual campeón de Carcassonne. Además, ganó en la final al gran Pantelis Litsardopoulos. 2017 dirá si el triunfo del ruso fue flor de un día o si ha llegado a la élite carcassonnera para quedarse.

Takafumi Mochizuki - Japón

Aunque no participó en 2016, a Takafumi no se le ha podido olvidar jugar a Carcassonne. El subcampeonato de 2015 y el triunfo en 2014 lo meten en esta lista.

Els Bulten - Holanda

La holandesa es la única mujer que ha logrado ganar el Mundial. Venció en 2011 y quedó 4º en 2015. No participó en 2016 pero esperamos verla en 2017.

Photos: https://laplazadecarcassonne.blogspot.com/2017/01/panteli-litsardopoulos-gana-el-meeple.html

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 07:23:09 AM »
My first Golden Meeple would go to Danisthirty, he's a very big pillar of this community and he spends so much of his time making sure people are talking about and thinking about Carcassonne.  He strives to make sure we have an inclusive community and always listens to everyone!  He always does well in the UK tournament, I'm sure one day he'll get to represent the UK at Essen.

My second Golden Meeple (I'm rich enough you have two), would have to go to MrNumbers, he does a lot for his community in Latvia and is very happy to give anyone a good kicking and will share his tactics with other players.

Coming top in national championships year on year is only one way to measure people's worth.  For me getting more people to play and interested in Carcassonne (and the hobby in general) is just as important!

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 08:26:07 AM »
Well, it's what the competition has, that the achievements are measured  ;)

Taking the example to football, it is clear that a coach of children is of great importance both when it comes to teaching the game and giving values to children. But the prizes are for Guardiola, Mou and other top coaches. Top coaches en the competition.

In the blog and with Gold Meeple the competition is emphasized :) :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:31:16 AM by LaplazadeCarcassonne »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 08:28:33 AM »
Taking the example to football, it is clear that a coach of children is of great importance both when it comes to teaching the game and giving values to children. But the prizes are for Guardiola, Mou and other top coaches. Top coaches.

I agree, I've always played Carcassonne very childishly. Childishly.

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 08:33:41 AM »
Taking the example to football, it is clear that a coach of children is of great importance both when it comes to teaching the game and giving values to children. But the prizes are for Guardiola, Mou and other top coaches. Top coaches.

Nobody has said anything about the way you play. The example of the children was only to say that a trainer of young guys is of great importance but when it comes to giving prizes you see the coaches who compete at the highest level.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:35:20 AM by LaplazadeCarcassonne »

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 08:41:00 AM »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »
No need to explain, Dan's always over reacting:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4084.msg60016#msg60016
 ;D ;D ;D

That was the will of the people.

Nobody has said anything about the way you play. The example of the children was only to say that a trainer of young guys is of great importance but when it comes to giving prizes you see the coaches who compete at the highest level.

Right you are. Apologies for the misunderstanding. So what you are saying is that if I am to win a Golden meeple then I should start to coach children in football, or Carcassonne? ???

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 08:53:15 AM »
I almost forgot:

MrNumbers doesn't need a golden meeple, he already has a 5kg concrete one!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 08:55:29 AM »
That is a thing of beauty.

So is the concrete meeple.

:-*

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 08:56:53 AM »
No need to explain, Dan's always over reacting:
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4084.msg60016#msg60016
 ;D ;D ;D

That was the will of the people.

Right you are. Apologies for the misunderstanding. So what you are saying is that if I am to win a Golden meeple then I should start to coach children in football, or Carcassonne? ???

1 Be the champion of your country
2 Win the Carcassonne World Championship, not soccer  ;D ;D Every year it is celebrated in Essen

I wish you luck!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 09:11:54 AM »
I wish you luck!

Thanks. So going back to your original point, are you asking us who we think is going to win the world championships this year? If this is the way to win your golden meeple then I don't see what else you are wishing us to discuss?

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 09:16:40 AM »
I really just put it so that you knew those players and the "award", being a forum in Carcassonne, I thought you might be interested.
But hey, we can see which players or countries are favorites for you.

This year I bet on the Czech Republic  :)

Sorry for the English. I write in Spanish and translate with Google.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
I'll be supporting Alexander, the champion of Chile, because he's a forum member here and I'm sharing a room with him at Essen  :(y)

But that decision wasn't easy, because I would like Leven to do very well too, the contestant from Hungry; he's been active here for as long as I can remember.  :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
1 Gold Meeple 1 Silber Meeple 1 Bronce Meeple

Started by nili3000042

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2022, 07:46:56 AM
by Halfling
xx
Spiel 2017 - in Essen, Germany - 26.-29.10.2017

Started by kettlefish

19 Replies
Last post November 01, 2017, 08:22:58 AM
by Decar
xx
WTB: The Collector’s Case, Plushie Meeple, Jelly Meeple, etc.

Started by asp204

0 Replies
Last post December 21, 2020, 06:07:08 AM
by asp204
xx
Crop circles: is itpossible to add more than one meeple close to another meeple?

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2022, 12:56:35 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers

Started by rbanks88

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2021, 12:18:24 AM
by Meepledrone