Author Topic: Run, run, as fast as you can.......  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Danci

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Run, run, as fast as you can.......
« on: January 13, 2017, 10:53:52 AM »
you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man ..........      :neutral-meeple:

Looks like my gingerbread man expansion ran away! Just got an email from eBay that the order I had placed and paid for is unfortunately not available at the moment.  :( >:( :-[

Has this ever happened to anybody? What do I do now? They will return the money but still no gingerbread man.

Well it is Friday the 13th!  :'(

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3088.0

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net

Offline Danci

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Run, run, as fast as you can.......
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 06:29:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply Decar!

I just saw that and placed a new order which did not only contain the gingerbread man!  ::)
 :neutral-meeple: :brown-meeple: :white-meeple:

Just a few days ago they were sold out of the gingerbread man and a lot of other expansions. I wasn't sure how quickly they could restock or if they ever would!

Are they still printing all the Carcassonne items at their store? If not where do they get their merchandise from? If so, why can't they print more crop circles and besiegeer tiles like everyone wants? (Well I've read the reasons why, but still just trying to understand more about the Cundco Store and where they get their merchandise from...  like the Japanese monisteries... are there just a lot of those and the other items available still circulating around?)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Run, run, as fast as you can.......
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 07:01:31 AM »
Cundco is essentially Hans im Glueck's shop.  I'm not precisely sure of the legal connection between them, if they are HiG or a subsidiary.  As I've said before, HiG has to print things on an industrial scale.  I'm sure they'd like to know precisely how many copies of an expansion they would ever need, but have to make an estimate and determine the speed at which they'd like a return on their investment.  I'm sure HiG can estimate these things very accurately; though I am sure it is very difficult to estimate.  Do you print an infinite number of copies of something because we'll still be playing Carcassonne in the year 3100?  I doubt the colours will match, if they decide is it time for a new print run.  I suspect the die-cutter will have been replaced a couple of times too.

You also have to remember that online forums are a bit like an echo chamber, collecting like minded thoughts.  Everyone doesn't want Crop Circles (because Crop Circles II was a far better expansions) and everyone doesn't want Besiegers, because it was sold as an exclusive-deal to an online retailer and only went out of stock in Easter 2016.  Before that date it was readily available, there was a good 2 year window to buy a copy, which is more than most boardgames!  Japanese Monasteries was a similar deal for the Japanese Publishers (Moebius).  I imagine Cundco negotiated a deal to accept some copies of the print run, while others were shipped to Japan to be included in their copy of the base game.  The first time the 2.0 artwork was released in Japan.  This was only made available in October 2016, this will be why many copies are available.

Who knows, in a couple of years they may find another cellar full of copies of all of these expansions!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Turbo Mega Carcassonne Run

Started by Paul

0 Replies
Last post September 15, 2013, 08:26:17 AM
by Paul
xx
Reading Rainbow Run - Sponsorship Request

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post June 21, 2015, 12:06:09 PM
by Paul
xx
You can't always get what you want...

Started by Danci

3 Replies
Last post January 11, 2017, 03:54:00 PM
by Danci
xx
Goldmines - can you claim gold bars on the same turn that you placed them?

Started by jungleboy

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2015, 12:18:28 PM
by jungleboy
xx
Can you get Message when you get negative points?

Started by Bumsakalaka

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2022, 10:49:21 PM
by Scott