Author Topic: Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9  (Read 34129 times)

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9
« on: April 05, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »
Princess & Dragons League

the 2nd round

Here is the list for the groups D1 - D9:

Please post all the usual results, screenshots and match reports in this thread.

Danisthirty will give you more details.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2595.0
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:13:25 PM by kettlefish »

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:03:11 AM »
Thanks for tracking the scores kettlefish.

Go Dragons!

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 3
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »
The next days I won't be able to play, due to the upcoming birthday party of Chuck jr. I guess next week I'll be able to play my two games.
Are there any other expsnsions planed to combine with P&D?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:31:36 AM »
The next days I won't be able to play, due to the upcoming birthday party of Chuck jr. I guess next week I'll be able to play my two games.
Are there any other expsnsions planed to combine with P&D?

Hope the party goes well! It is just P & D + base game for this league. Good luck!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 06:31:20 AM »
@Leven and jungleboy: what is your availability like for next week? I don’t think there’s going to be any big rush but hopefully a weekday evening will work for either/ both of you to play our games?

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 06:36:03 AM »
If Rich or/and rfielder would be by any chance available tonight, this would be a great time for me. Will have a look into the forum then.

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 07:31:15 AM »
Chooselife, Monwil: Any preference on scheduling a match?
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 07:42:41 AM »
Chooselife, Monwil: Any preference on scheduling a match?
Nights after 21h00 GMT are usually by most stable game hours.
Other hours can be arranged.
I'll be on holidays 1week starting on the 15th and I'm not sure if I'll have access to a proper PC so I'd prefer if we could have these schedule till Thurday.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 08:26:41 AM »
@Leven and jungleboy: what is your availability like for next week? I don’t think there’s going to be any big rush but hopefully a weekday evening will work for either/ both of you to play our games?

I'm out for Monday but it looks like Tuesday or Thursday could work. Not sure about Wednesday yet, I have a feeling that I have something on that I've forgotten about...

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
@Rosco
@zone2

What time zone are you guys in? I am 5 hours behind UK.

I can play Saturday or Sunday morning this weekend - so say between 2 - 4pm UK time.
Let me know.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
Congrats to Jere on his win!

It was my first game with Princess in over a month, and nothing worked for me from the very start. I had my 2 meeples blocked very first 15 tiles, and it turned out to be a death kiss. Dragon was totally biased, he always stopped moving when it could help me, but Jere simply drew majority of his tiles. I scored regularly, but I couldn't disrupt Jere's game for one moment. He was flying whole game.

I hope, he'll post score and pics of map.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 01:49:37 PM by Merlin_89 »

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »
If Rich or/and rfielder would be by any chance available tonight, this would be a great time for me. Will have a look into the forum then.
Hounk and I played our game earlier tonight.

It turned out to be a very strategic game. We fought for ages to gain the majority in the large city in the centre of the board. I tried my best to get a third knight into the city but Hounk blocked it and I lost my second to the dragon losing overall control. As it happended, the CCCC was required to complete the city but I drew it and placed it elsewhere, effectively trapping two green meeples in addition to one of my own. The dragon had gone on a feeding frenzy quite early on, favouring the taste of green meeples initially, but things soon levelled out as black ones were discovered.

We both began a battle to take control of the main farm, which seemed to keep expanding in size (particularly helped with the RCRC tile from P&D with the road tunnelling under the city). Due to our obsession with farming, we both spent quite a long time without any meeples in hand - particularly Hounk as I had one from time to time. The princess tiles didn't really affect things, but the portals did help us both on a couple of occasions.

It was a very intense game and could have gone either way.

Final scores were:
 :green-meeple:  Hounk : 116
 :black1-meeple:  Rich_The_Fish : 147

Thanks very much for the game Hounk, it was very enjoyable and most unexpected as I hadn't planned on playing tonight.

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »
I took a few screenshots as the game progressed. As you'll see, the scoring slowed dramatically with just over 40 tiles left. My score jumped up 31 points after drawing the CCFF with volcano which completed the eastern city which was satisfying. However, if Hounk could have got his now trapped farmer into play before I managed to block it and then place my own which subsequently got stuck then it could been very different. In hindsight we both probably committed too many meeples to farming far too early which severely hampered our scoring and the dragon didn't help by refusing to eat any trapped meeples!

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 02:35:24 PM »
Congrats to Jere on his win!

It was my first game with Princess in over a month, and nothing worked for me from the very start. I had my 2 meeples blocked very first 15 tiles, and it turned out to be a death kiss. Dragon was totally biased, he always stopped moving when it could help me, but Jere simply drew majority of his tiles. I scored regularly, but I couldn't disrupt Jere's game for one moment. He was flying whole game.

I hope, he'll post score and pics of map.

Merlin_89:  139       Jéré:  150

It's true that I had a good start, trapping 2 of his guys (and a third one later) and during the course of the game worked hard to keep the dragon away from them. I even chose to kill of my knight in a nearly finished city rather then free up his trapped meeple. That was a bold move that paid off as I got lucky enough to immediately draw the (quite common) tile I needed to claim back and score the city. Really can't complain about the tiles I got... Indeed, it seemed that life was somewhat easier for me, though if I remember well Merlin built a 30+ pts lead at some point during the game, thanks to his skill to take advantage of the fairy while scoring small features. Considering that he played with a handicap of 2 trapped meeples the whole game, Merlin did play very well.

Many thanks for the game, good luck for your last game in this league!

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »
My biggest mistake in this game was probably placing the farmer in the bottom area of the board on the RRCC, rather, then connecting my 6 point farmer (plus one of Rich's, but it was very likely, that he could connect it on the other side, and he did eventually.) This way, my farmer and thief were trapped, hoping for the second road cloister. (The volcano tile was already gone, too.) I saw this coming, right after I played the tile. And I would have needed in particular the thief back, to have a chance in this game. Nevertheless, awesomely played by Rich, congratulations.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Must or may - The Princess (The Princess and The Dragon)

Started by Windekind

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2019, 04:20:10 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Fairies

Started by danisthirty

135 Replies
Last post April 06, 2016, 01:42:04 AM
by kettlefish
exclamation
Expansion League #4: The Princess & The Dragon - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by danisthirty

159 Replies
Last post May 13, 2016, 12:18:39 PM
by Halfling
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Princesses

Started by danisthirty

165 Replies
Last post April 06, 2016, 04:28:07 AM
by Chooselife
xx
Princess & Dragon League: Dragons