Author Topic: Big River game  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Big River game
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:16:25 AM »
Me and my girlfriend decided to play a mdium sized game today. It took us around 2 hours, so not too bad :)
We decided to start of using all 3 rivers. We started with the springs back to back, and shuffled all the other river tiles together. Once they were used, we ended all the rivers with the lakes.
We used a nice mix of mostly positive expansions:
Base game
Inns&Cathedrals
Traders&Builders
Halflings 1 and Halflings 2 (we had 4 halflings each drawn from all of them shuffled together)
The Tunnels
Japanese Buildings
Cult, Siege & Creativity (without the 2 blank tiles)
The Labyrinths (both versions)
The Flying Machines
German Klöster
River 1, River 2 and River 3 (BB5 version)

It was a fun game that was a close end! We ended up with only 6 points between us! (she won though)
There was a bit of a discussion at the end, as my farm with 10 cities and a pig also had the pigherd tile from the River 2. So we discussed if we would use that as a pig (and took the GQ11 tile in concideration as well), and if we would allow pig stacking. We used it as a pigherd before, so decided it is a pigherd us, but pigstacking was not allowed. So if we did allow it, I would have won by 4 points....
We had some good fun, since most of the expansions were nice ones. The only nasty one is the Siege, and I did get yelled at for using it on her big city :P
The fliers were not used that much really, since at the point we got these tiles neither of us had big things going on, except for a nice road she joined in on. (and I got yelled at for trying to join in on her big Labyrinth with lake and all  ;) )
We are still planning on doing a 'nasty' game, with only 'nasty' expansions like the Tower, Plague, Dragon&Princess, Robbers, Corn Circles, Siege etc, so when we finally get to do that I'll put out a game report for that :)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3193.0
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Re: Big River game
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:43:18 AM »
Looks like a fun game Willem.  Your next match may cause a breakup though.   ???

Looking at the board, I am amazed how the Japanese temples stick out more than Baba Yaga's hut. 

Offline Luthadel

• Labourer
  • Merit: 3
  • Blessed Are The Meep
    • View Profile
Re: Big River game
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:57:39 AM »
Looks good fun, we play with two rivers here in much the same way. Always comes the moment where we switch from playing fair to being down right gits to each other  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
River / River III from Big Box 5 on the market.

Started by Paul

10 Replies
Last post September 03, 2017, 06:59:59 AM
by Paul
xx
Combining River I and River II

Started by PapaGeek

8 Replies
Last post December 12, 2021, 12:32:29 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Wanted - The River, The River II